Tu portami dove sto a galla
Che qui mi manca l’aria

Ma sono fuori di testa, ma diverso da loro
E tu sei fuori di testa, ma diversa da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro
Siamo fuori di testa, ma diversi da loro

Noi siamo diversi da loro​

Last edited by a moderator:
How is this relevant? Does that mean they will be copyrighted like everything on RAI so nobody can see them? 😁

We should have a special questionnary for international fans of Italian 2021 entry:

How many copyright laws have you infringed to see the Italian ESC 2021 entry performing live on Sanremo? 🤣

Chiarina

I'm no ESC fan by no means, I'm not an Italian nor a Måneskin fan, but I had to log in here only to say that this year I will be watching ESC because of this band and I will spend my salary if needed voting for this entry as it is a masterpiece in every way.

I know rock (but not limited to it) and first of all this is quality rock, and a bold choice of genre similar to Nirvana or Pearl Jam (this is no glam rock, let's not confuse fashion styling with the music they play).

This cannot be compared to Finnish entry which is something very much seen and heard for those who know who Limp Bizkit or Linkin Park were. Therefore, Finns and Italians, do not compete in the same category for anybody who knows music.

Due to the quality, the juries cannot have a solid argument for downgrading this entry as it can hardly be logically argued that other entries are of higher musical quality.

Second they have quality lyrics, bold lyrics delivering a message, many people can identify with them, and they are time appropriate as many Europeans sit angry in lockdown or are simply frustrated with what we witness in our societies lately.

The fact the song is in Italian is not a minus as most of the people after 1st listening, still under impression of the song, go google the lyrics. And we will all sing the uncensored lines at home during live LOL.

Third, the band is an authentic group of young people who write and compose for themselves and are locally strong. If all entries at the ESC were chosen by these standards, ESC would be what a music festival should be and more people would watch (e.g. me after 13 years for the first time LOL).

Fourth, the vocalist is an amazing singer and his stage presence is charismatic. Nobody can win the battle with him on this criteria.

There are of course some minuses - this will not be played live and the instruments are important for this band. IDK how they plan their stage performance. I hope no fireworks, leave it to Finnland LOL.

The biggest minus, and it will be a decisive for this entry, is lack of international promotion.

E.g. if you would like to know something about the band and google it, only Italian sources pop out, on irrelevant subjects such as who is Damiano David dating. Who cares.

If you want to hear an interview with this band, there's only 1 in English given ages ago in London, very short, where they talk about Harry Stiles and not themselves. Again, who cares.

I see some Italians believe that, due to a small tour that the band had years ago around central Europe, that the band is internationally recognized.

But it is not. I have never heard of them untill the ESC video was recommended to me, and most Europeans have never heard of them. I know Nek, Laura Pausini, Irama, Eros, Il Volo, and I saw Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Sanremo. That was an international hit, crazy Zlatan, not Måneskin.

So if they think that ESC is a good way to promote the band on European level, welp, sorry, but so far, you did no promotion. Other countries did, Italy did zero. The band itself did zero on international outreach.

Do us good, promote!
You have expressed, with respect and balance, the strengths and weaknesses of the Maneskin. Also, you made a very good comparison between Italy and Finland (the base is Rock but the genres are distant). This is the best comment I have read so far xclap

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
More certifications!

Un milione di cose da dirti: Gold Disc
Amare: Gold Disc
SESSO E IBUPROFENE Ora: Gold Disc
Madame's self-titled album: Gold Disc

giphy.gif

So, in almost 7 weeks, 13 of 26 competing artists have a Gold Disc certification, 5 of whom have since gotten Platinum Disc certification.

Truly, the 2022 Artistic Director will have big shoes to fill!

BernadetteCydonia

Not that there is no promo, I feel like the COVID atmosphere is robbing us of all the amazing pre-season content from Maneskin themselves. I feel like they'd be a pure blast at interviews otherwise if they've chosen to go to any pre-parties... now all we have to wait until the rehearsal weeks :/

BernadetteCydonia

sucof

I wish to be honest xD as a person who would begin considering themselves a newly found Sanremo fan, I'm already excited what the future has to offer lmao.
Welcome to the club :LOL:
We can go directly to sanremo 2022, so much again this year Italy will not win the Eurovision, I bet that this year it will win a ballad and we will bring a rock song!

Last edited:

BernadetteCydonia

Welcome to the club :LOL:
We can go directly to sanremo 2022, so much again this year Italy will not win the Eurovision, I bet that this year it will win a ballad and we will bring a rock song!
It just is interesting how Sanremo winners don't seem to set trends for the following years... the male ballads are always there, not dependent on when one of them wins, as every now and then it happens. I would love to see more rock bands for 2022 but I doubt the Italian rock music scene is that prominent for them to be eager to apply now... it's not like A Dal 2019 where more rock bands have creeped in because of AWS's success the year prior, and them keep coming years subsequent.

Top Bottom