Italy ITALY 2020 - Diodato - Fai rumore

How do you rate the song?

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

Mrm

Veteran
I replied to a questionnaire on EscYOUnited. You will discover something about me :cool::lol: Anyway, nice to meet you Marko!:gimmefive:
GREAT! If the number from your nick shows the year you were born, then we are born in the same one.. :D :gimmefive:

Franzilein

Is the ESC version actually already available? Curious to hear what parts were cut out for the 3 minutes mark.

Schlagerman1

I don't know what is wrong with me, but for the last days, each time I hear the Italian entry, I start to cry. I suppose it is the worry about the coronavirus and knowing that the situation in Italy that must be on the point of unbearable for the italians, that just makes me so damn sad. And despite this song having a completly different story to it originally, it just fits so well with the situation the world is in at the moment. I always had it in the top 10 for the year, but it is moving upwards now. Love you, Italy. :love:

Nemo89

Is the ESC version actually already available? Curious to hear what parts were cut out for the 3 minutes mark.
I have thoroughly checked but so far nothing official. I only found cuts made by some fans.

The Diodato song is very difficult to elaborate because, compared to many other songs, where the sounds are largely repetitive and have no "main pivot" function, the Italian melody was studied down to the smallest detail. I think Diodato is taking a little more time to bring a quality product. Already they are beating us now, better not to make mistakes or apologize to the disparagers.

Nemo89

I don't know what is wrong with me, but for the last days, each time I hear the Italian entry, I start to cry. I suppose it is the worry about the coronavirus and knowing that the situation in Italy that must be on the point of unbearable for the italians, that just makes me so damn sad. And despite this song having a completly different story to it originally, it just fits so well with the situation the world is in at the moment. I always had it in the top 10 for the year, but it is moving upwards now. Love you, Italy. :love:
Thanks for your nice words xheart It makes us happy to know that our song manages to give deep emotions (this is worth more than victory).

"Fai rumore" can be interpreted in many ways. It is true that the song speaks of nostalgia for love, however it was not uncommon to see in the comments of people that it has also managed to extend to other interpretations. On Youtube there are people who have lost loved ones ... others who manage to see in this song a connection with hard situation of Coronavirus ... until they reach a mother with an autistic son who cried crying to her son "Make noise, my love!". Because you "Fai rumore" is not only romance but a desperate cry to break down the barriers of incommunicability, desperation and oblivion. "Fai rumore" is the violent sound of a heart that doesn't want to stop beating, a heart that wants to get out of torpor xheart

Fluke

So even when revamping a song you can't make it under 3 minutes? This is just disrespectful. What the hell is wrong with Italy and their disregard for how the contest works? Now my least favorite ESC country, nevermind that i hate the song anyway.... :mad:

Schlagerman1

So even when revamping a song you can't make it under 3 minutes? This is just disrespectful. What the hell is wrong with Italy and their disregard for how the contest works? Now my least favorite ESC country, nevermind that i hate the song anyway.... :mad:

I believe that they either haven't revamped it yet (cause it sounds the same as before, right?), or that they sent it to EBU but haven't got time making a new vid for it yet. I am sure they will announce it sooner and later (thinking the situation Italy is in, I believe RAI or Diadatos record company has other things more urgent things to do than to give us fans a revamp that probably won't be that much different than the original)...

HayashiM

Veteran

Italy is your least favourite ESC country and you hate the song anyway, we get it, congratulations. Now get a bit of calm, because this is no revamp, just EBU reposting Diodato's original video with added English subtitles.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with Italy, this is about your disregard about how Sanremo - whose existence precedes ESC, which I am pretty sure you know very well by this point - works. Sanremo ain't your b*tch and neither is Italy.

Nemo89

Fluke, don't worry, you don't need to find an excuse to say that Italy is your least favorite ESC country.

To make changes to a song there is a time limit set by the competition. Italy may decide to show the revamp also on the last day and at the last minute. If Italy does not respect the limits, the ESC's executive supervisor will sanction or disqualify Italy.

You have perfectly rendered the painting that I have always expressed, that there is a type of deep fear or hatred for Italy (even if we were not yet under Mussolini's dictatorship). If your fear is founded on the fact that, every year we manage to present a competitive song and excellent music, the problem is only yours and your liver. Don't worry, we don't win this year either.

As I explained above, "Fai rumore" is a song that has no "empty spots". Every single word and note forms a strong structure. So a bad cut can ruin the song.

I wish you a good evening xwave

I forgot ... enrollments to N.D.P. "No Diodato Party". There you can combine your protests with those of Alaska49 which speaks of Italy = Coronavirus, with those of EscTurkey "Italy shitty song", EscStatFan and its statistics and BorisBubble and its criticisms of our value. There you will be able to find the right family for you. As a tribute to the registration: a lifetime supply of tomatoes and eggs to be launched to the ESC representatives of Italy and a poster with the words "Italy, mafia, pizza and mandolin" written on itxheya

HayashiM

Veteran
Fluke, don't worry, you don't need to find an excuse to say that Italy is your least favorite ESC country.

To make changes to a song there is a time limit set by the competition. Italy may decide to show the revamp also on the last day and at the last minute. If Italy does not respect the limits, the ESC's executive supervisor will sanction or disqualify Italy.

You have perfectly rendered the painting that I have always expressed, that there is a type of deep fear or hatred for Italy (even if we were not yet under Mussolini's dictatorship). If your fear is founded on the fact that, every year we manage to present a competitive song and excellent music, the problem is only yours and your liver. Don't worry, we don't win this year either.

As I explained above, "Fai rumore" is a song that has no "empty spots". Every single word and note forms a strong structure. So a bad cut can ruin the song.

I wish you a good evening xwave

I forgot ... enrollments to N.D.P. "No Diodato Party". There you can combine your protests with those of Alaska49 which speaks of Italy = Coronavirus, with those of EscTurkey "Italy shitty song", EscStatFan and its statistics and BorisBubble and its criticisms of our value. There you will be able to find the right family for you. As a tribute to the registration: a lifetime supply of tomatoes and eggs to be launched to the ESC representatives of Italy and a poster with the words "Italy, mafia, pizza and mandolin" written on itxheya

"No Diodato Party"... "Italy, mafia, pizza and mandolin"... :D :D :D

You almost made me choke on my guacamole my friend, probably the avocadoes getting too jealous of all your lifetime tomatoes supply...

Mrm

Veteran

You almost made me choke on my guacamole my friend, probably the avocadoes getting too jealous of all your lifetime tomatoes supply...
Holy moly guacamole... :lol:

Nemo89

I'm sorry I nearly choked you, HayashiM :lol:

Top Bottom