Contact us

Italy ITALY 2020 - Diodato - Fai rumore

How do you rate the song?

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

Fluke

Hopefully, a song that's actually three minutes.

Oshawott

Well, they made some points in the past three years and just have to continue the same way. (Y)

Frittella

My opinion is that we gained momentum over the last three editions but we actually got nowhere, so I think it would be appropriate to take a "break" and go down the... Trash way, for a change.
After all, there are rumors that the next artistic director of sanremo might be Al Bano, which would imply a very conservative festival with elderly participants and about zero modernity because his brain is yet to be found and he's still living in he 70s/80s. I'm praying for him not to be the next director or we're screwed. We need a different contest to decide our Eurovision participant...

Anyway, I do have one little dream. LIBERATO, which is exactly what Al Bano would probably not like.
I'm leaving this here, hoping that there's at least one person out there willing to watch the whole 20 minutes music&video series in 5 parts that he just released because it's a freaking masterpiece.

Capri Rendez-vous Series

Or, well, he probably did participate to sanremo this year with his real identity (he's rumored to be Livio Cori), but the old bag Nino really was unnecessary (and that's how they came last)

Reinventor

My opinion is that we gained momentum over the last three editions but we actually got nowhere, so I think it would be appropriate to take a "break" and go down the... Trash way, for a change.
After all, there are rumors that the next artistic director of sanremo might be Al Bano, which would imply a very conservative festival with elderly participants and about zero modernity because his brain is yet to be found and he's still living in he 70s/80s. I'm praying for him not to be the next director or we're screwed. We need a different contest to decide our Eurovision participant...

Anyway, I do have one little dream. LIBERATO, which is exactly what Al Bano would probably not like.
I'm leaving this here, hoping that there's at least one person out there willing to watch the whole 20 minutes music&video series in 5 parts that he just released because it's a freaking masterpiece.

Capri Rendez-vous Series

Or, well, he probably did participate to sanremo this year with his real identity (he's rumored to be Livio Cori), but the old bag Nino really was unnecessary (and that's how they came last)

Thanks for the tip on Liberato. Now I'm sad I can't find it on Apple Music :(. I love Italian music, always on the look out for something new!

Reinventor

Capri Rendez-vous Series

Thanks for the tip on Liberato. Now I'm sad I can't find it on Apple Music :(. I love Italian music, always on the look out for something new!

Etanna

I hope Italy finally wins!

Preuss

Italy should win and I’d love a woman to do it because I have no doubts they’ll be able to bring it for Italy too
Personally I LOVE their female acts xmusic

elanyvx

I think it's time to send a woman, I hope Annalisa. She's fantastic and I think she could do well with both the jury and the televoting.

Curiosity: she released an album in the Netherlands in 2014, because her song "Tutto Sommato" was heard by the director of the movie "Toscaanse bruiloft" during a break in the shoot while he was sitting in an Italian bar. He fell in love with the song and asked about Annalisa. The movie was then broadcast in both the Netherlands and Belgium.

Alaska49

absolutely no point in trying to guess who will even do sanremo next year, let alone who will win, but i do wish we could see a woman just to see if she would be as successful as their last three men. in particular, i really want to see arisa in eurovision some day.

Preuss

Emma Marone had an amazing song but sadly they messed up the staging

missbones

I would also love to see a woman getting a good result for Italy xheart on the other hand, the last women who participated didn't actually win Sanremo, so I actually think that's got something to do with it (and both stagings were a litte bit messy, but, yeah:lol:), I think it's very curious but I don't think it's a coincidence. Let's hope next year we have more female candidates, this year was something like 18 males vs 6 females and some of them in duos, a shame.

With the "indie" direction that Sanremo's taking a dream of mine would be Levante, but I guess she's not even interested?

Haverdge

Honestly, after not winning with Soldi, I'm not sure what else they can win with...

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Emma Marone had an amazing song but sadly they messed up the staging

La mia citta's staging is perfectly fine, lol. The problem with the song was that Emma couldn't sing the key it was written in. It was robbed regardless though.

Mainshow

Veteran
Honestly, after not winning with Soldi, I'm not sure what else they can win with...

They need more luck and better staging.

Italy came very close in 2011, 2015, 2018, 2019. Their time will come someday.

Preuss

La mia citta's staging is perfectly fine, lol. The problem with the song was that Emma couldn't sing the key it was written in. It was robbed regardless though.

I watched the performance again and could’ve been better, but this just amplifies my thoughts that staging’s not Italy’s strength as Soldi this year came really close to Duncan with a staging that could’ve been better. As I’ve said earlier, if the Italians knew how close they’d be to the Netherlands then they’d be able to get those last points in order to win
Emma’s mic wasn’t working properly though

I wouldn’t mind if they won in 2015, 2017 or 2019 when they were in contention to win - but keep it up and Italy will win at one point the next decade :D

Alaska49

are we pretending duncan's staging was flawless or something around here? it was, in the words of anna bergendahl, the luck of the draw. i don't see how italy could have improved that staging, at elast not without the possibility of compromising their result. what they did is what worked, the end.

tuorem

absolutely no point in trying to guess who will even do sanremo next year, let alone who will win, but i do wish we could see a woman just to see if she would be as successful as their last three men. in particular, i really want to see arisa in eurovision some day.

tuorem liked this post.
GianlucaTomoe will like this post.

:D

Italy has a lot of strong female artists they could send, do well with, and even win with.

My two wishes right now are two obvious ones:

1) Arisa: because her voice is God's gift, she's got style (both musically and fashion-wise) and seems to be an interesting character. She definitely would deserve to fly her country's flag someday imo. "Mi Sento Bene" was an underrated tasteful piece of musical. If she manages to get picked while keeping her originality and theatricality, then lemme start the host city bid process right away.

2) Annalisa: she's a fan favourite and she doesn't have to be ashamed of it. She's a hard-working woman. "Il Mondo Prima Di Te" really slayed me back in 2018. It's great she finally got acknowledged in San Remo. If she can find another strong song (which shouldn't be too hard for her), then let me climb on board.

Top Bottom