Contact us

Italy ITALY 2020 - Diodato - Fai rumore

How do you rate the song?

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Italy-scaled.jpg

aef

I quite like it, a very classy choice by :it: this year but obviously not as strong and unique as the previous entries. Still 7 points from me! That's enough for my current #2 position!

ClaudiuP

I personally disliked most of the Italian entries after they came back in 2011. I feel like they've been massively overrated just because the EBU is very keen in keeping them in the so-called Big 5 which is actually the Little 5.

The only Italian entry I really liked was Nina Zilli in 2012. Of course I liked Marco Mengoni and Mahmood, but I probably wanted to see them in my bedroom, not on a stage. :lol: :lol: xheat

I think they'll be overrated again this year with a lot of support from the juries. meh xbeee

yuya.rooo

It’s growing on me, my number 1 for now but that doesn’t really mean anything since I don’t love any song yet. Nevertheless, I appreciate it more now than I did a week ago.

Uto

Veteran
The problem I have with Italy is that while song itself is very beautiful, it’s not really grabbing your attention. Needs a serious effort at staging.

Last edited:

Nemo89

I personally disliked most of the Italian entries after they came back in 2011. I feel like they've been massively overrated just because the EBU is very keen in keeping them in the so-called Big 5 which is actually the Little 5.

The only Italian entry I really liked was Nina Zilli in 2012. Of course I liked Marco Mengoni and Mahmood, but I probably wanted to see them in my bedroom, not on a stage. :lol: :lol: xheat

I think they'll be overrated again this year with a lot of support from the juries. meh xbeee
Ahah good morning Claudiu, thanks for the good laughs. Is Italy overrated? :unsure: I mean do I really have to hear these things? We Italians are so overrated that we inspired with our festival, Marcel Bezençon (the founder of the ESC) :D The difference between Italy and Romania is all in one concept: you know our singers, I have never heard a Romanian song. The Moldovans are light years ahead of you. However, do you really want to compare the musical landscapes of Italy, Spain, UK, France and Germany with yours? :unsure: The problem with Eurovision is that it has mainly become an appendix to the Melodiefestivalen and related geographies and small musical realities :geek: Do you want to know why? In the case of the Melodiefestevalen and related geographies, they are very interested in this competition :love:(y) (they have conceived and carry out a schematic and catchy music for everyone precisely for this reason); instead, speaking of the small musical realities, they are realities that absolutely need the public and to make themselves known :geek: Aside from very few talents, I have seen Eurovision win for people of the caliber of Netta! o_O I mean really?! Artists who in Italy would keep company with Bugo and Morgan (and Morgan is one who knows music) :ROFLMAO: We Italians are always sociable and recognize the value of others, indeed, it often happens that we underestimate us and overestimate other realities. We are very demanding with us :rolleyes: But I understand that we have to change direction, we should become more arrogant :cool: and perhaps we would receive the respect we deserve. It is from the time of the Etruscans, and I hold on tight, that Italy is original. In conclusion, are you the same who says that our national football team sucks when we have won 4 world cup? "Italy uses the "Catenaccio"! Bleah" :D:ROFLMAO:

Nemo89

Still listening to Elodie - Andromeda on a daily basis xheat

Could've been my winner this year.
I appreciate your passion for Elodie and "Andromeda" and I especially appreciate your education. Everyone in Italy said "Andromeda is perfect for the ESC". However, just because in Europe such songs are on the agenda, the problem of finishing in the top ten from fifth to eighth place is strong. We must calculate that we Italians, who are among the nations that have made many experiments in music in recent years, do not win regardless. If "Andromeda" had written Estonia, everyone would say "Wow! Win for sure"! And in fact, you look at the comments for the songs of Lithuania and Latvia ... songs not even comparable to "Andromeda" ... Instead, when we write this songs, become excellent songs from "Top Ten" and nothing more or receive comments "It is 1 for me and I'm kind! :LOL: "

nudiecrudi

The problem I have with Italy is that while song itself is very and beautiful, it’s not really grabbing your attention. Needs a serious effort at staging.
We will see what they will do with the staging. I hope they will keep it simple and think he will try to connect with people. Diodato has studied at Dams Accademy ( music, art and drama ).
SanRemo stage is different. You dont have that much people to connect since all the public is seated and a bit aged. Esc stage is bigger and the public younger and joyful, very open to shear their feelings with each singer. We will have some feelings about it if Diodato accepts to partecipate in one of the parties.

nudiecrudi

Still listening to Elodie - Andromeda on a daily basis xheat

Could've been my winner this year.
We agree with you. Andromeda is such a perfect song. But guys....she didnt reach even top five, none of the juries classified her in the top 5.
In the post sanremese ranking ( spoty, YT ect ) she is in 6th position

Nemo89

We will see what they will do with the staging. I hope they will keep it simple and think he will try to connect with people. Diodato has studied at Dams Accademy ( music, art and drama ).
SanRemo stage is different. You dont have that much people to connect since all the public is seated and a bit aged. Esc stage is bigger and the public younger and joyful, very open to shear their feelings with each singer. We will have some feelings about it if Diodato accepts to partecipate in one of the parties.
Nudiecrudi, I was thinking of a simple scenography and at most add some game of smoke and a dancer who interacts with Diodato. Like what you saw on the Youtube video. I find it very romantic and it helps in the most delicate and nostalgic parts of the song where Diodato wants to be more thoughtful. Personal opinion.

Uto

Veteran
Oh man I was just listening to this again and it completely blew me away. Wow. How did this not happen before? What a trip. Oh god, I completely underestimated this. This is clearly one of the front-runners.

nudiecrudi

Nudiecrudi, I was thinking of a simple scenography and at most add some game of smoke and a dancer who interacts with Diodato. Like what you saw on the Youtube video. I find it very romantic and it helps in the most delicate and nostalgic parts of the song where Diodato wants to be more thoughtful. Personal opinion.
I don't know and have any idea.
I think he should not be inattentive to the singing. He has to reach perfectly all the high notes of the chorus and the two parts with falsetto at the end. Maybe the sanremese staging with him more near to the public would be an elegant proposal.

crashworld

Veteran
Not feeling the song at all. Sounds like another generic Italian ballad. I am see this finishing mid-table (at best) or right hand-side of table.

Nemo89

Oh man I was just listening to this again and it completely blew me away. Wow. How did this not happen before? What a trip. Oh god, I completely underestimated this. This is clearly one of the front-runners.
There is little to laugh about. Think of the great snatch you made at Lundvik's "Too late for love". Then I don't understand this hatred towards Diodato. If the song is bad, it is better for other countries, isn't it? And then ... why the post of Italy is always full of comments while the other posts get 1/3 of the reactions? You run to comment on the posts of other nations or we all might think that you are afraid of Diodato! :ROFLMAO:

crashworld

Veteran
You are wellcomed.
So glad for you that have such strong prediction feelings after listening only 10 songs.

Without even listening to the other countries' songs and I can make a prediction of the fate of the song means this song is pretty lackluster. If this song does well, it is likely the other countries are sending worse entries.

Top Bottom