11 4.2%

7 2.7%

5 1.9%

2 0.8%

1 0.4%

11 4.2%

• Total voters

Preuss

Yes I know but this was just the third year in a row I was a bit surprised who they gave their 12 points to

2017: «cool 12 points to Azerbaijan that was surprising thought they would go to Portugal, but Portugal already got some points so»
2018: «12 points to Norway really, but hey»
2019: «oh Denmark didn’t see that coming»

LakZaNokte

That's true. People need to remember the artists enter San Remo because they want to win San Remo, not because they want to represent Italy and win Eurovision. Eurovision is usually the after thought. So I guess this is why they don't send in entries that conform to a Eurovision template.
Yup. Also, it’s not easy to win in San Remo, so the song that goes to esc already passed very hard test.

shameless

I want to have all the clothes he's wearing! Totally in love with his style.
Did he say something about Duncan? I am still wondering if there's a photo of both of them? Maybe at the Marcel Bezencon awards?
I am still pissed that we never got one of Conchita and Commong linnets. Maybe backstage with Ilse this year?

DiabloRoma

Just wanna say THANK YOU to everyone who voted for Italy. 2nd in 2011, 3rd in 2015, 2nd again this year, 7th time in Top 10.

Guys, it's just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Every time I can't believe it. The shock from Raphael, the kind of sadness for Nina, the pride for Marco, that moment of hope for Il Volo, that "okay, it went on this way" for Francesco, that miracle from Ermal and Fabrizio, and now this. I thought we did well right on the moment, but... well, the very next two hours were completely different than any recent Eurovision.

And for this I'll always remember Mahmood's year.

Mainshow

Veteran
Just wanna say THANK YOU to everyone who voted for Italy. 2nd in 2011, 3rd in 2015, 2nd again this year, 7th time in Top 10.

Guys, it's just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Every time I can't believe it. The shock from Raphael, the kind of sadness for Nina, the pride for Marco, that moment of hope for Il Volo, that "okay, it went on this way" for Francesco, that miracle from Ermal and Fabrizio, and now this. I thought we did well right on the moment, but... well, the very next two hours were completely different than any recent Eurovision.

Mahmood really did an amazing job! I even bought his album after the final and voted for Italy! PLS keep up the good work! Italy has become one of my absolutely favourite countries in Eurovision. Nina Zilli's amazing, I got all albums by Marco Mengoni, attended a concert of Il Volo and fell in love with "Soldi" - Thanks for introducing me to Europe's finest music!

lacrymea

I think had he gone through semifinals he'd take it all in the end. It really shone on the day. I had Italy among my favorites, but during the final it stood out in such a way i ended up spending all my votes in Mahmood.

Job well done. My number 1 of 2019.

GRE

Italy is the only country that I vote every single year since 2011.

Preuss

Men
2011 2nd place
2019 2nd place
2015 3rd place
2018 5th place
2017 6th place
2013 7th place

Women
2012 9th place
2016 16th place
2014 21st place

Yeah and it's time to turn that trend around
Personally I loved Nina, Emma and Francesca xheat Should've placed higher
But yes it seems to me like Italy are usually big favourites when they send males

darkap

Yes I know but this was just the third year in a row I was a bit surprised who they gave their 12 points to

2017: «cool 12 points to Azerbaijan that was surprising thought they would go to Portugal, but Portugal already got some points so»
2018: «12 points to Norway really, but hey»
2019: «oh Denmark didn’t see that coming»

Yeah, we italians know it too and we call them "The freaks"

To try giving an explanation

2017: I felt it was strategic, and the same happened with the Bulgarian jury. But, hey, maybe Azerbaijan was soo artistic they liked it
2018: No strategy here, it was not needed since no one imagined Meta-Moro so high. That was to give back the Norwegian Douze Points given to Francesca in 2016 lol
2019: Actually, Denmark song would fit well in the Sanremo overall cheesyness. I'm not that surprised. Maybe they're trying to bond with Nordic countries more eheh

Milos-BC

When my main favorites were left with no chances to win the final, I was rooting for him the most :D Would've been a much better winner than :nl: . He really nailed everything too.

Nonetheless, 2nd place is a great result and :it: can be proud.

MalagaToledo

Banned
Yes, it doesn't hurt that he is looking very good. The song wasn't that special, but he can be proud of himself. This is I think first time in the history that 1st and 2nd place belong to lgbt and winner of televote is also lgbt.

Etanna

The song wasn't that special, but he can be proud of himself.

woah, your standards are really high. I (+ a lot of juries & voters) consider this to be one of the most special songs this year. Really, in what way is this not special - the modern sound mixed with cultural elements relating to Mahmood's origins, the personal story whose message can translate to anyone, using Italian and Arabic, having a thought-out performance and being performed in a captivating way by a gifted unique performer?

musicfan

There's a bit of an undercurrent I feel of if it's Italian it will be stylish and good whatever, which I don't agree with. The best entries to far are probably Francesca and Francesco, though the former had a better performance. I'm not really bothered what someone wears, whether someone thinks they look cute or not, I'm just bothered with the music.

Dessi

Best song of this year! xheartxheartxheart
I listen to it EVERY day! I LOVE it!!! xyaaayxyaay

Ezio

Veteran
In hindsight I am sad that Italy didn't win. Another missed opportunity after 2015 and 2017. 2015 still makes me mad.

Soldi is just more original than Arcade.

Top Bottom