11 4.2%

7 2.7%

5 1.9%

2 0.8%

1 0.4%

11 4.2%

• Total voters

darkap

The second place of Mahmood will be celebrated tonight at the prime time talk show of Rai1, Che Tempo Che Fa with host Fabio Fazio xcheer
Yesterday night marked the second best TV ratings from 2011, with 3.539.000 viewers (19,72% market share) - most watched: Mahmood, Norway, Madonna and Voting
Also there're plenty of articles about the Eurovision on newspapers

shameless

Are there any pictures of him and Duncan together? I love these that include the winner and runner-up.

AliceEsc

Congrats to my favorite ESC country! xheart The best song in the GF and Mahmood's smile during the voting process was a huge plus!

Ianp16

It’s ironic that the country (as a whole) who don’t really care much for Eurovision seem to be one of the best nations at getting top 5 placements over the past decade.

choda

Glad that Italy didn't won this year, so they will continue to send amazing songs :D

Just kidding, but it was so tight this year, so I am not surprised with high placement of Italy.

LakZaNokte

It’s ironic that the country (as a whole) who don’t really care much for Eurovision seem to be one of the best nations at getting top 5 placements over the past decade.
That’s because of San Remo.

They are sending songs from high quality festival.
As long as it’s so, most likely they won’t bomb in esc.

xshrug

cegs5

I think it’s because RAI has faith on increasing the interest of the audience year by year, and so far it’s been working, but that doesn’t come automatically, it’s the professional approach RAI has shown on it unlike other broadcasters who actually just reinforced the stereotypes of Eurovision presenting it as a freak show and taking the mickey out of the artists and then complaining why Europe hates them after poor results.

A-lister

Veteran
I think itÂ’s because RAI has faith on increasing the interest of the audience year by year, and so far itÂ’s been working, but that doesnÂ’t come automatically, itÂ’s the professional approach RAI has shown on it unlike other broadcasters who actually just reinforced the stereotypes of Eurovision presenting it as a freak show and taking the mickey out of the artists and then complaining why Europe hates them after poor results.

This! I can't say I liked every Italian entry since their comeback, but they are by far the "Big" country taking this seriously, in fact they are one of the most serious countries of all in ESC and what started out as a jury love affair seemed to have turned against them because they stood their ground, sending local entries which are actually quite daring sometimes in the general context. What they have been doing should be paying off, I really hope for another good song and they can win this now.

MyHeartIsYours

Not surprised at all about this coming second. People didn't seem to be pleased with rehearsals but like I said here, as soon as I saw it I was like yeah this could still win yet. It just had a cool feeling about it and with a catchy tune too it was always going to do well at Eurovision.

Runners-up, well done Italy and Mahmood!

Preuss

I mean, it's hard to criticize anything about this entry considering that they came 2nd but in my opinion it feels like a "lost" opinion considering that they were so close to the Netherlands in the end and a bit more captivating staging could've secured Mahmood those extra points to win. To be fair I think if they knew the result today, I think they'd be able to do the right adjustments for the staging in order to win

hawadharma

Has anyone pointed out that the Muslim month of "Ramadan" is mentioned in this song, and the ESC takes place in the month of Ramadan (now) ?

crashworld

Veteran
That’s because of San Remo.

They are sending songs from high quality festival.
As long as it’s so, most likely they won’t bomb in esc.

xshrug

That's true. People need to remember the artists enter San Remo because they want to win San Remo, not because they want to represent Italy and win Eurovision. Eurovision is usually the after thought. So I guess this is why they don't send in entries that conform to a Eurovision template.

A-lister

Veteran
That's true. People need to remember the artists enter San Remo because they want to win San Remo, not because they want to represent Italy and win Eurovision. Eurovision is usually the after thought. So I guess this is why they don't send in entries that don't confirm to a Eurovision template.

Which is a good thing...

Preuss

Not to accuse the Italian juries for voting as they want but what's up with them giving 12 points to Denmark this year, 12 points to Norway last year and a random 12 points to Azerbaijan in 2017...?

Top Bottom