9 3.8%

7 3.0%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

27 11.4%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
This song was waaaay too overrated by the televotes. I don't really get how they could get 3rd place with a song that comes off quite cold and calculated and just a lot of ranting. The juries had it right ;)

Many ppl in Western Europe are afraid of terrorist attacks..it grabbed many points due to message..

Himan

Many ppl in Western Europe are afraid of terrorist attacks..it grabbed many points due to message..

I was like:a song about how we shouldn't care about terrorist attacks gives me a bit of a paradox.

Mrm

Veteran
I was like:a song about how we shouldn't care about terrorist attacks gives me a bit of a paradox.

It is psychological thing. ;)

Brandt

But not THIS year: for example, last evening TG1 didn't talk about ESC (unlike before Gabbani's performance) and page 160 of Televideo doesn't have any news about ESC (again, unlike recent years). Let's wait TV ratings but I think that more than 3 millions viewers would be almost a miracle.

If Rai is really so uninterested in Eurovision, why do they keep participating?

mauve

Veteran
This song was waaaay too overrated by the televotes. I don't really get how they could get 3rd place with a song that comes off quite cold and calculated and just a lot of ranting. The juries had it right ;)

I never thought it was cold or calculated. The way the sang on stage, especially at the end, you could feel the powerful emotion in their voices. They conveyed the message wonderfully. I would rather call other songs bland and highly boring like Sweden or Cyprus.

Krishoes

Proud. Nothing else to say.

Linnets

If Rai is really so uninterested in Eurovision, why do they keep participating?
Because record companies think it's a good idea to show Italian artists to a larger audience. Besides Sanremo is very popular in Italy but not elsewhere and anyway artists participating in Sanremo do not sell that much. It's more to promote summer concerts.

musicfan

I think it just makes a nonsense of someone doing the running order you may as well make it fair and random. It wasn't a good song to close. Maybe Rai just wanted it last once it had a chance and they are one of the bigger funders of Eurovision and so could influence.

Linnets

It's not RAI to be uninterested but audience, ESC is seen by most like a rubbish show here.
The perception in Italy as a "rubbish show" is due also to RAI, who tried to make popular it in that way (e.g. the annoying tweets) to avoid direct competition with Sanremo. More wisely RAI could have promoted it as a complementary show to Sanremo, creating for example a special section of the festival fully dedicated to ESC, but this has not happened.

the Televideo page?
In the meanwhile, the famous Televideo page 160 has been updated. :)

DiabloRoma

I'm still speechless for the turn of events from last night.

THANK YOU to everyone who voted for us. I didn't expect AT ALL a top 5 placement. I thought we could reach top 10, but top 5 is something amazing.

Veronika

NSC Mod
Staff member
So happy for Italy, really loved the performance (it was so sincere!). Nice result and getting such a great amount of televoting points is amazing! xlove

Yaaay, 6 televoting points from Russia! xheya I voted several times, happy it was not in vain :lol:

:it: xheart

oxy333

The perception in Italy as a "rubbish show" is due also to RAI, who tried to make popular it in that way (e.g. the annoying tweets) to avoid direct competition with Sanremo. More wisely RAI could have promoted it as a complementary show to Sanremo, creating for example a special section of the festival fully dedicated to ESC, but this has not happened.

Waht RAI did to you? :lol:

Some time ago someone proposed to send to ESC the Sanremo Young winner, and some other, like you said, proposed an italian contest only for ESC selection, both achievable and not too much dispendius.
Again, Sanremo is Sanremo and has nothing to do with ESC, cannot be compared. They are two different animals, you'll never convince Sanremo lovers to like ESC in the same way and viceversa.

Actually "rubbish show" is the most frequently comment that I read in these years under #ESCita. You can't force people to like ESC, that's all.

sucof

Waht RAI did to you? :lol:

Some time ago someone proposed to send to ESC the Sanremo Young winner, and some other, like you said, proposed an italian contest only for ESC selection, both achievable and not too much dispendius.
Again, Sanremo is Sanremo and has nothing to do with ESC, cannot be compared. They are two different animals, you'll never convince Sanremo lovers to like ESC in the same way and viceversa.

Actually "rubbish show" is the most frequently comment that I read in these years under #ESCita. You can't force people to like ESC, that's all.

TRUE!
Sanremo is Sanremo, stop!

Datura

It wasn't a good song to close.
i actually think it was a great song to close to show! it worked well and turned out to be one of my faves of the night. i expected this to do much better with the juries though

crashworld

Veteran
I am shocked with how well the song did with the televoters and how badly it is with the juries. I am expecting the other way round.
I am glad with a top 5 placing for this song. Well done, Italy!

mauve

Veteran
i actually think it was a great song to close to show! it worked well and turned out to be one of my faves of the night. i expected this to do much better with the juries though

I think I never used the word this year, but now I do: this is the song that was robbed by the juries. How can Australia be better than Italy? *shaking head*

missbones

I'm so happy for them. Last night I was so angry, but now I just think they gave Italy the 3rd best position since they came back and it's such a great place. They are both amazing artists and I'm just over the moon to have seen two of my fave singers @ ESC together and singing a song like this one xheart

C'mon guys, you have to win this soon.

Top Bottom