18 7.4%

7 2.9%

8 3.3%

6 2.5%

5 2.1%

22 9.1%

• Total voters

ESC94

Now lets´move on to Italy! In 2013 they once again chose a more classic entry, this time performed by Marco Mengoni. And I have to say I absolutely loved it!!

His song "L´essenziale" is basically the perfect example how I imagine a song performed at San Remo sounds like, pretty classic but without being boring and sung with such a passion that it melts your heart. I immediately fell in love with the song and his voice and was really happy about his good placement in the final, even though I wouldn´t have minded if he had finished two or three places higher. ;)

Anyway, this song was my personal second favourite in 2013 and my second favourite entry from :it: since their return. It was classic in a good way and so purely Italian, that the only possible vote from me were :12:!! xheart

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree with [MENTION=16784]ESC94[/MENTION]

:12: points from me for this absolutely stunning and classy entry. Marco's an incredible artist and tbh, he deserved to win the whole thing.

Mainshow

Veteran
After having a blast at Duncan Laurence's concert last night, I just bought a ticket for Marco Mengoni's concert next week and I can't wait to see him live! He totally blew me away in Eurovision 2013, he was my favourite (and should have won) and even though I have seen him a few times live (I attended Eurovision 2013 in Malmö and also saw him live at EuroVillage) I'm really looking forward to seeing him in concert... like 90 minutes + instead of only 2-3 tracks.
He's one of my favourite male artists of all-time (I own all of his 6 albums + one Live Album) - First, I didn't want to go because I can't understand Italian and I still will be stuck at university (until 6 pm) but as long as it won't be snowing all day long, I think that I will still make it on time #fingerscrossed

Mainshow

Veteran
Just left the venue. Marco Mengoni was excellent. He's so freaking charming and talented. What a voice!
He did perform for 100 minutes (which is quite good, I suppose) and performed a lot of new tracks from his album as well as his biggest hits. The only thing I have to level criticism at: He performed "L'essenziale" in a very irritating remix. I know that artists tend to spice things up when it comes to older hits but honestly, it took the song's magic away. The rest was excellent, though and I am super happy thst I kinda bought a ticket last-minute. Usually, I'm not that spontaneous... Next time he comes to Germany, I will try to attend his concert as well. Loved it!

ESC94

Just left the venue. Marco Mengoni was excellent. He's so freaking charming and talented. What a voice!
He did perform for 100 minutes (which is quite good, I suppose) and performed a lot of new tracks from his album as well as his biggest hits. The only thing I have to level criticism at: He performed "L'essenziale" in a very irritating remix. I know that artists tend to spice things up when it comes to older hits but honestly, it took the song's magic away. The rest was excellent, though and I am super happy thst I kinda bought a ticket last-minute. Usually, I'm not that spontaneous... Next time he comes to Germany, I will try to attend his concert as well. Loved it!

I´m kinda jealous now. ;)

mup

This song is definitely a Eurovision Italian classic! As well as Marco's funny facial expressions that prompted some parody :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom