19 8.2%

9 3.9%

10 4.3%

15 6.4%

16 6.9%

58 24.9%

• Total voters

FallenAngelII

I'm not ignorant. For me, your country is far away in the east, and I have no problem with it. I just wrote that Luxembourg wouldn't return unless all its neighbors would win. And even if it happened, they woudln't return.
Well, now you're just offending Luxembourgians, then.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Congrats to Italy, definitely the biggest surprise of 2011. I'm still not a fan of the song and don't get the sudden love and support but if that's what the people like than who am I to judge? The good thing is that you just never know and that despite of many claims the contest is still unpredictable and any song or country can win the contest with the right song!

JRS

I really did not like this one:|:(
This one is was a very boring song and I did not care much of the singers vocals at all:(
I never dreamed this would be second, that was one of the biggest shocks of the Final results:shock::eek:
Juries must have loved this tons.

Do not get my wrong, I am happy that Italy:it: is back:)
but I myself somehow expected something better from them..

Woohoo

Re: ITALIA - Italy 2011

I used to dislike it but when i heard the english-italian version, i LOVED it!!! It's a really good song and i voted for it because the perfomance was awesome.

Marie Jane

2nd place it's too high for this song. But i really enjoyed the performance, was very porwefull, so it's not so unfair. Congratulations, Italy. ;)

and damn, Raphael is a very good looking guy. :cool: :p

Milos-BC

I wasn't a fan of the song until just a week before ESC, when I suddenly began liking it, but after the ESC performance I just ended up loving it! Totally deserved 2nd place (even though I was more than shocked because it managed to get so far), and I even ended up voting for it. This song is just totally different than any other we had this year, and now i feel bad because I didn't notice the potential it had before. Nostalgic, jazzy and lovely at the same time. Like it was brought from some other period and time to this world we have today. The most positive surprise of the year, and I hope you will send something outstanding next year as well Italy.

AlekS

Veteran
Imo, this entry can stimulate performers who do not fit into popular/commercial music to apply next year.
For instance, he's got few fans among our performers who want to participate because of him.
ps. He was my dad's fave.

Milos-BC

^^ Agree with that. I think we will see an increase of jazzy songs and songs like this in the NFs all over Europe.

alexa

This song was one of my favourites, I voted for it and I knew it would be a dark horse of the competition, and it did :) Well, at least I got that one right. I am really happy about this fantastic song and I sincerely hope to hear something great from Italy next year, as well.

Alephosho

I screamed of happiness when i saw that Raphael finish second, was a amazing surprise that i nor hoped.
I hope that in the future Italy send songs like this many times.

une

But of course, you can't be a professional musician and not vote this gem as the winner, there's no other entry juries could vote more than this one....

Last edited:

Scooby

Jamala even said "If Raphael Gualazzi wins I'm gonna participate in the NF 2012".

I pray for Jamala next year! With "Smile" Ukraine will easily win this year!

Milos-BC

I also think Jamala would have won. Not sure about Zlata (even though I was a huge fan of her entry as well), but Jamala would've been totally different this year and imo it would have chances to win. Hope to see Jamala next year in Baku :D

Top Bottom