Contact us

Istanbul

kopachka

WV 57 - Pinhani & Ayşenur Kolivar

WV 57 İstanbul
Pinhani & Ayşenur Kolivar - Sevduğum Yanımda Uyusun
Album: Canlı Yayın (Live), 2013.

kopachka

Re: İstanbul - WV 57 Sevduğum Yanımda Uyusun injustice // WV 58 what now?

So, I've tried with something alternative, folk ballad, rock, whatever genre Sezen Aksu song was... I've sent the biggest Turkish ESC name with such a sweet and haunting melody... And now with this live version of pop-rock(?) failed as well.

Any ideas? What should I do? Just continue pretending like I am completely fine with failing with so many great songs?

kopachka

Re: İstanbul - WV 58 artist inside

goksel_59.jpg

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Your entry for this edition was beautiful and I was sad to not see it pass. Your entries have been varied and interesting and no way do you deserve all these DNQ's in a row. I didn't realize actually how bad your luck has been here. Your last three entries i've loved (still regret how I didn't have points to spare for Sertab) and Yasemin Mori was awesome as well. Maybe you've got something safer (that you of course still love) that will be more easily received by the masses? I respect how you keep going for interesting hard sells but you obviously want to make the final, and I think you've earned yourself a safer entry. You can get away with it.

kopachka

^ Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot.

I am actually going through different phases in my WV adventure. There are times when I am perfectly fine with DNQ as long as I send stuff I like, and unfortunately there are times when I can't stand the fact I'm trying hard to present mostly less known gems, with no love back (in terms of points). Luckily, most of the time it's the first mentioned state of mind and it keeps me motivated for further participation.

Also, I am torn between thoughts when it comes to safe entries - I have in mind few of them, but it kinda kills the spirit for me. I agree with you that maybe I've 'earned the right' to send one, but there is just something that is blocking me. I don't know how to explain it in English, I can't even explain it in Croatian. Anyway, my WV journey in Istanbul might come to an end soon, but I am really happy I've stayed myself all the way through it and I didn't let my 'score-wish' side take over me. Otherwise, who knows when I would have an opportunity to discover songs like the three ones you mentioned? I also didn't know them when I took over this region, so I can say that overall - life-enriching point of view - my stay in Istanbul was successful, no matter how many DNQs I still earn ;)

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

kopachka

Re: İstanbul - WV 59

Is there a better feeling than discovering amazing artist and then sending it to WV? I think not! Or yes, but can't think of it now, because I'm overexcited for this one.

After Kaçın Kurası, Dargın Değilim and Sevduğum Yanımda Uyusun, this is the 4th time I'm sending a song I didn't know before I took amazing city of İstanbul.

Not sure how to describe their music style, but it was love at the first listening. Ladies and gentleman, I present you Eski Bando!

eski-bando02.jpg

Grinch

Re: İstanbul - WV 59

The name of the band reminds me of a beautiful song of Yasemin Mori, "Deli Bando" xheart

By the way, I thought you'd leave Istanbul that's why I didn't tag your name to the post of my suggestions. All of them are the ones I love, you should listen to a few at least :)

İyi şanslar :)

kopachka

Re: İstanbul - WV 60 artist inside

Sooooo my artist for WV 60 is...

Let's say she was the first artist that I started to connect with the amazing music of Turkey. And now I'll most probably send a song that was my eternal suggestion to different jurors - also, that song is my most listened song of hers. And it's nothing similar to my usual songs for ::ista so my colleagues from pot F might not have me in their votes :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Re: İstanbul - WV 60 artist inside

HYYYYYYYYYYPE

kopachka

Re: İstanbul - WV 61 short list inside

So it's gonna be my 10th participation with ::ista in WV61, so I decided to send a returning artist!

I contacted one secret juror and he/she helped me a lot with my choice. Thanks once again!

In the spoiler you can find 4 artists and only one of them will be my representative in WV61:

Feel free to post your wishes or predictions. ;)

Grinch

Re: İstanbul - WV 61 short list inside

Yasemin Mori please!

kopachka

WV 61

WV 61 İstanbul
Ayşenur Kolivar - Norhars Ellim
Album: Bahçeye Hanımeli, 2011.

Top Bottom