6 3.9%

13 8.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ayzelto

This is still not doing anything for me. If you don’t have a typical structure in a song, at least make the whole package with a bit of sense. I was expecting something much more solid from someone who’s already so famous, and obivously a lot of investment has been made. It’s a fact it’s being overhyped by their own nation in polls or betting odds, but the final result won’t be even close to that. Even Malta 2021 had a clear path (like it or not), but this is just meh everywhere. I’m sad as I was expecting to be the bop of the year, and finally the UK took the price out of nowhere. After saying all that, she may qualify but her final result should be around 20th place. Let’s see…

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

When Noa Kirel was picked I initially thought that Israel would be among my favorites this year, unfortunately this is pretty much en par with her other English language songs in the sense that it's kinda bland and lack character, simply an inferior copy of other female Pop songs and it's unfortunate because I really dig Noa's Hebrew tracks and I think she has star potential, but unfortunately they waste it on a pretty mediocre song. The chorus is really bland I'm afraid, some tired message of "empowerment" in a budget Sia/Katy Perry blend. The song is a bit disjointed as well, the rest of the song is better than the chorus interestingly and the breakdown is undoubtedly its strongest asset (watch that being the part they pick for the reprise of the entries come May)... oh how I wish they built a song on the breakdown instead, that would be so cool. Wasted opportunity Israel again, you send these great performers and stars to Eurovision but give them bland entries... WHY?

Last edited:

TiagoFS

Sorry for the fans but this one is terrible. I don't even know how many songs in one they have tried here. 0 pts.

Ezio

Veteran
Agathe Bauer Ofen Junikorn, Bauer Ofen Junikorn,

Can’t stop singing it.

Ajeje Brazorf

This gets worse and worse for me with every listen, I hate stuff that is so blatantly engineered for the Eurovision stage rather than be an authentic piece from the artist, the announced dance break is absolutely dire

I don't dislike the song per se, but yeah: announcing a dance break in a song before it happens doesn't seem to be a great idea... It is like she said: "Look I'm gorgeous, and you didn't even watched my best moves. Now let's stop the song from its natural flow so that I can actually show you". That part, I didn't like it. At all. The rest is not that bad...

Ezio

Veteran
I get more and more obsessed with this song, I had it in my head all day long

crashworld

Veteran
She dropped a remix for the song.

The song grew on me tremendously after multiple spins. Now sitting comfortably in my top 3. The lyrics are meh, but I am not fussed. The only issue I really have is the ending especially "You wanna see me dance" and then the laugh, I thought it's cringey as F. I am upgrading this to a :10:.

Ezio

Veteran
This song knocks it out of the park for me. I can't get it out of my head, out of my bed, out of my home. I am so addicted by this master piece and I hope Israel sends me a free ticket to Eurovision 2024 for my promotion work on the interwebs. Because I need to go to Israel and survive the end times there, help me KAAN.

escEndre

We have had an interview with amazing Noa Kirel, that will represent Israel in this years Eurovision Song Contest with her song "Unicorn"!

She was the first artist that was confirmed in this years Eurovision. Get to know her here! What do you think of her song? :) xheart

Please subscribe to our YouTube-channel to get the newest interviews with the Eurovision-contestants! xheart

simori95

I am in a love/hate almost love relationship with this one. It’s an elevator song, regularly commuting between my 15th and 6th, but it’s more and more stable in my Top 10. it’s just made less phenomenal through the phenomenal-femininal part for me, ironically. But I love the melody and instrumentation of the „regular“ part and I listen to it more and more these days.

Ishar would hate it

SpiritofKeiino

I find it very hard to predict how this will go with the juries. I'm leaning to them rewarding it with some points if the vocals and performance are decent, but the song is a bit messy so may put juries off. I'm leaning 8-12 with juries.

Ezio

Veteran
I just learned that a unicorn is a single female who is into couples :eek:

Chorizo

I’m a little disappointed the unicorn isn’t vomiting a rainbow, but maybe they will do that on stage. It’s a solid entry, yet it’s missing that special something to get me really interested. 6 points.

12Points

the kpop blackpink-ish dance break at the end was kinda cool but the way the song is like 3-4 songs mixed into one disjointed piece just for some bigass performance is kinda meh (they probably will milk it tho), i actually really like the part before the second fenomenal, and too much unicorn on the lyrics lol

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
The song has now overtake Austria and is my no. 2 this year. I think likely once I see her perform the song at the ESC stage, it is likely going to overtake Poland's Bejba Solo to be the top of my ESC 2023 list. The song is jarring, but after multiple listens, it becomes palatable since I am pretty into K-Pop recently.

Looking at that the song is now at 2.51min, she has about 10s to hit the allowed length. I wonder if they will do a Chanel and give a different edit for the performance, just to spice things up abit. I really hope the ESC performance is going to amazing, because it seems like Noa is capable to bring it.

Ferryman

Stuggi (for April), Liverpool/Stockport (for May)
Today, I have been mostly watching Israel.

Noa: You wanna see me dance?

Me: Actually, not today, thank you very much. Maybe some other time if you don't mind?

Noa: You wanna see me dance?
Me: My dear lady, I do believe that this is a *song* competition.

Noa: You wanna see me dance?!
Me: Oh, alright, whatever. Anything for a quieter life. But please realise that this isn't going to increase your chances of getting my vote.

Also, don't you think that the poor boy in the video has turned up to the wrong shoot? I'm sure he had a contract as an extra for Malta.

Top Bottom