Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
So...They uploaded a revamp...Deleted and re-uploaded the revamp...And deleted the revamp?

A revamp that is unnecessary all along and doesn't turn around the faith of a mediocre song?

What is this mess?

Yes, what the F is ESC channel doing.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
I think it is telling us to not vote for Israel - just like how the song is telling us to not have a care about it.

Israeliboy

Amazing work and great version. It sounds a completely different song now. I'm proud!

Iker

Veteran
No there are just rumors, would not be a great move from her to talk negatively about the song that has been selected for her.

There's a bit of evidence though. There was a video where she did a little carpool karaoke and sang the three songs for her selection and she was visibly not that into Set me Free and Ue La La (didn't even know all the words). She was the most energetic with La La Love and knew the whole song.
Wow, she did not even remember the lyrics of her own song, lol. But it can happen to anyone ... but it's not like Eden has recorded 200 tracks in her career to justify that.

Our 'diva' Edyta Górniak is notorious for forgetting the lyrics btw. It is weird how she still has a star status in Poland despite having maybe one minor hit in last 15 years. But she slays live vocally, it has to be mentioned. Her studio material overall is pretty disappointing, not matching her ginormous talent sadly and high expectations (I mean she was trying to make some international career but it has never fulfilled) and now she's too old already.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Plsss, they totally destroyed that key change and added some Blas style totally uncalled for high pitched notes. Why?. I legit prefer the older version this replaces. This just feels like they thrown some random stuff in to beef the sound but it just sounds meh to me. This is the literally the real life version of the term "polishing a turd", you can try to refine it but it's still a steaming pile of crap at the end. Eden's ESC journey is so massively disappointing with downgrade after downgrade. Gonna lower my score.

Gitte

it's kinda catchy though. Mediocre catchy but catchy. I was singing it in my head when riding home on my bicycle. So it's not TOTALLY forgettable.

Biste

Those screeches at the end are destined to go wrong, Milim style.

Also I cannot unhear her singing "Pelvic harmony" at the start :rolleyes:

crashworld

Veteran
Anyway, no matter what they do to the song, no one will be pleased.
But at least, they have done a great job on the revamp music video to make Eden the key focus and showcase her charisma & charms.

To me, as long as Eden is able to showcase her performing capabilities to the fullest, I will be contented.
From this point onwards, it's should be all about Eden and the Israeli delegation needs to play the promotion plan right to ensure that.

Yoozek

If she slays these new notes and has a proper performance, it's an easy TOP5 material. If she fails to deliver or has weak performance - she still can finish 15-17th in her SF.

This, Switzerland & Malta are the real contenders for win this year.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Why does this sound so messy ? They added layers that were completely unnecessary, and drown the raw material that was decent enough in the process. They even ruined my favorite part(1:22-1:40 in the original version), now it's so polished it lost all charisma. Clearly disappointed, Eden was in my top 10 but she'll likely leave it once I'll do my re-listening of all the songs.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't know why the ESC official youtube channel deleted the revamp music video and re-uploaded it again.

Here's the new link:

Edit:
The official ESC youtube channel is acting up. They brought back the original link for the revamp video.

So they brought back the link to the 2nd upload of the revamp on the ESC YouTube channel.

Mimmon

Veteran
So...They uploaded a revamp...Deleted and re-uploaded the revamp...And deleted the revamp?

A revamp that is unnecessary all along and doesn't turn around the faith of a mediocre song?

What is this mess?
I think released to early...they said 16:00 CET but yeah thats F from ESC

Iker

Veteran
Sadly I have to admit that I disliked the revamp after listening to it 5 minutes ago. It is more drastic than I had imagined it to be, the song feels gimmicky now. There are deeper basses which in theory I should like (I love for in song 'Maneater' of Nelly Furtado) but the whole thing feels so off now to me. Ok, we get it ... gurl can hit that whistle register but it really seems forced in. Just because you can does not mean you should.

And this piece of music feels artificial now, they nearly killed all the charm it has got for me.

Last edited:

Iker

Veteran
Eden is this year's Benny Cristo xrofl
It's a major revamp that kills the song for me too just like with Kemama. But apparently there are people who consider this version better, so maybe it is more competitive now? Even if musically feels more soulless.

Iker

Veteran
This is... Pointless. It sounds the same to me, bar the key change and a bit more Dua Lipa production.
It sounds pretty different to me. And noticeably worse, instead of better. "I'm a, I'm a" part has a different melody, there is no generalised key change at the end but we have a long whistle note and high-pitched belting before that. Also bass section sounds more heavy and deeper / louder (not sure how to describe it), and some oriental sounds has been removed too.

DanielLuis

I really dislike the changes. It seems like they threw everything at it, including the kitchen sink, to see if something sticks, but in the end it just feels like a disgruntled mess. I can't stand that "I'm a I'm a" part. Maybe it'll grow in me in time but I'm really disappointed.
Anyway, this whole year for Israel has been a mess and I'm really sad for Eden, because she truly deserved a banger.

Top Bottom