Set me free
Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

Schlagerman1

I get a little frustrated when hearing the three versions sung by Eden. She is such a star, such charisma and she really makes all three songs better, but the songs are just not good enough. Either they are over or underproduced.

"Set Me Free" has the best start, I really like the lyrics and the melody...but after the first chorus nothing really happens, it just sound the same for over 2 minutes...

"Ue La La" has a lot of potential, but it feels like it tries too much. The beat is modern, but I think this will fall flat when it comes to Edens beautiful voice, which the juries will grade downwards a bit I think.

"La La Love" is cute and is probably the one that fits her voice the best. The instrumental parts are cool, but it feels like the song just doesn't go anywhere. It is a typical song that would give you a good time for three minutes, but afterwards you would be like "Wait, what was Israel again?"

So I don't know. Eden is a strong performer, maybe she has the star quality enough to go through to the final. But if I am being honest, I would scrap all three songs and write something completly else and send that to Rotterdam. But if I have to choose, well go then with "La La Love" cause it fits her the best. Even if it sounds like an albumtrack at best.

Yoozek

Actually, I've changed me mind.

Out of all the 3 revamps, both "Set me Free" (more likey) and "La la love" (less likey - she's ACTUALLY SAYING "we had a tough year, but I have a message for a new generation, PARTY TILL THE MORNING, TILL THE SUN IS GLOWING") are actually not that bad.
The third one I'd describe like this: "be be be" which in Poland we usually say when our dog starts eating some random shit while on a walk. And we want him to stop.doing.that.

HayashiM

Veteran
Eden's presentation and revamp made those songs so much better, I can borderline enjoy them now which I didn't think I could... But the lyrics sadly can't change, sounding as if written by an aspiring teenage fanfiction writer. Overall - yeah, I think Eden is the first of the many "but this artist was much better last year!" incoming :(

mauve

Veteran
Nah you're not alone. It's not that I'm against any of these songs, it's just that I can't find anything striking in any of them. Tbh I wouldn't even know which one to chose as a favorite :lol: I guess I need a few more listen as for now they're just... there.

I am relieved to know that I am not the only one feeling that way. The songs are not really bad, but it's exactly as you say: there are no striking moments in any of them with that wow-effect. But who knows Eden Alene can make up for it by her staging.

crashworld

Veteran
I get a little frustrated when hearing the three versions sung by Eden. She is such a star, such charisma and she really makes all three songs better, but the songs are just not good enough.

So I don't know. Eden is a strong performer, maybe she has the star quality enough to go through to the final. But if I am being honest, I would scrap all three songs and write something completly else and send that to Rotterdam.

I agree, they are still pretty underwhelming to listen to (despite being revamped and a slight improvement from the demo versions) and they are just not that competitive or even come close to 2020's songs selection. It's like we are picking the less "weak" song to win instead of picking the best one (which was what happened to the 2020's songs).

I know the Israeli delegation usually take ESC fans' feedback quite seriously, so hopefully whichever winning song will get another tweaked. But of course, I do not want it to become a case of Czech Republic 2020 where the song goes through tonnes of revamps.

And on the point of scraping the 3 songs, wouldn't that cause an uproar in the home country?
Now I can only hope that Eden is able to sell the songs through her charms in the 'live' performance and the staging.
It would be really sad if she didn't manage to qualify to the finals.

Mainshow

Veteran
Eden already sold a mediocre entry last year. Seeing her perform will definitely lift up these absolutely generic and embarrassing entries. A pity she didn't get better songs. "Ue La La" has some very interesting and memorable parts but overall, it's way too repetitive and laziliy-composed/written.

So far:

Ue La La :4:
Set Me Free :3:
La La Love :3:

crashworld

Veteran
After watching the music videos, I feel INCREDIBLY frustrated. Whoever decided that concept for "Set Me Free" music video is ideal should be shot. That song requires a bright, fun fiesta video. Not that sterile, dark and cool vibe. That is the best form of sabotage.

The other 2 music videos are well executed to match the vibe of the songs.
At this point, personally, "Set Me Free" doesn't stand a chance against the other 2 songs.

If I remember correctly, Eden won't be performing those 3 songs 'live" like last year right? So the public will be voting based on the studio versions with the music videos.

If any of the other 2 songs win, Israel is highly likely going to end up at the right hand side of my ranking.
What a WASTE of talent.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Set Me Free felt like a sterile rushed MF reject to me either way so the music video just reflects that state of mind.

Eden not performing these mediocre songs live adds even more to the injury as I'm not crazy for any of them. :cautious: If I had to choose though, I guess I would go with "La La Love".

rasmuslights

Veteran
After watching the music videos, I feel INCREDIBLY frustrated. Whoever decided that concept for "Set Me Free" music video is ideal should be shot. That song requires a bright, fun fiesta video. Not that sterile, dark and cool vibe. That is the best form of sabotage.

The other 2 music videos are well executed to match the vibe of the songs.
At this point, personally, "Set Me Free" doesn't stand a chance against the other 2 songs.

If I remember correctly, Eden won't be performing those 3 songs 'live" like last year right? So the public will be voting based on the studio versions with the music videos.

If any of the other 2 songs win, Israel is highly likely going to end up at the right hand side of my ranking.
What a WASTE of talent.

I think set me free has one of the best mv. La La Love is also good, but Ue La La video looks cheap af.

crashworld

Veteran
I think set me free has one of the best mv. La La Love is also good, but Ue La La video looks cheap af.

The music video for "Set Me Free" itself is alright if it's for another song but it does not match the vibe of the song at all, which is why I am having issue with it.

"Ue La La" is an extremely cheap song so it deserves a cheap video. LOL.

Seems like it's going to be a 100% public vote, so we already know which song is going to win.
Guess I won't be supporting Israel this year. Need to find my new number 1.

Last edited:

Loindici

Veteran
I'm probably going to be butchered, but after reading Feker Libi's lyrics, again... I don't think Feker Libi is any better lyrically than these songs. It might seem better because there's multiple languages in the song.

Ironically, La La Love seems to be the most lyrically sensible song in this group of three.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm probably going to be butchered, but after reading Feker Libi's lyrics, again... I don't think Feker Libi is any better lyrically than these songs. It might seem better because there's multiple languages in the song.

Ironically, La La Love seems to be the most lyrically sensible song in this group of three.

yes hahah finally someone. Literally Feker Libi was as bad as these songs lyrically - "tonight is our story, we celebrate the glory -we have no shame" please.. haha... and yes La La Love is the best one lyrically and imo also musically out of these.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm also super happy that La La Love leads in likes on facebook page - maybe that means that Israelis like it the most? hopefully

MAD20

I never understood the hype for Feker Libi when Rakata and Roots, in my opinion, were much better. From this year I enjoyed Shoulders and La La Love, so among the three remaining I hope La La Love gets chosen.

AliceEsc

I also prefer La La Love. I wouldn't mind Set me free, but please no Ue La La. Anyway, I think I'll enjoy Israel's participation this year, mainly due to Eden's charisma, as I'm not thrilled for any of these songs.

Top Bottom