Set me free
Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zonne147

I'm probably going to be butchered, but after reading Feker Libi's lyrics, again... I don't think Feker Libi is any better lyrically than these songs. It might seem better because there's multiple languages in the song.

Ironically, La La Love seems to be the most lyrically sensible song in this group of three.

I don't usually care very much for the lyrics, but I did the exact same thing and I also agree, as much as I love Israel 2020, I don't really understand people that loved Feker Libi + do not like these three songs + use the lyrics as an excuse not to do so, since last year no one has complained about them and for me they sound equally messy, polarizing and quite... uninspired?

Maybe a reason for that is the fact there's multiple languages, anyway I stand by my point.

crashworld

Veteran
I don't usually care very much for the lyrics, but I did the exact same thing and I also agree, as much as I love Israel 2020, I don't really understand people that loved Feker Libi + do not like these three songs + use the lyrics as an excuse not to do so, since last year no one has complained about them and for me they sound equally messy, polarizing and quite... uninspired?

Maybe a reason for that is the fact there's multiple languages, anyway I stand by my point.

I guess the goodness in "Feker Libi" & Eden's ability to sell the song have effectively outweigh the basic lyrics of the song.
But there is basically nothing amazing in the 2021 songs which perhaps then highlights the weaknesses of songs more (ie. basic lyrics) if you know what I mean.

But "La La Love" lyrics in the chorus are definitely a big no for me. It's way too tacky and insensitive. "Ue La La" has basically nothing much going on in the lyrics, so nothing for me to hate in that aspect. "Set Me Free" while basic as it is has got the best lyrics out of the 3 songs.

Mainshow

Veteran
I agree ^^ unfortunately, "Set Me Free" is the least memorable and instant one, though.

HayashiM

Veteran

I did not love Feker Libi last year, but I thought it was fun despite its lyrics and Eden could still sell it - an interesting mixture of languages and changing beats I'd happily dance to. "Ok kids, I guess I am not 100% the target audience, but I could still find a spot in a corner of this party without feeling utterly embarrassed".

This year, some of those elements are perhaps still present and of course, Eden's performance saves a lot. But I don't fell like dancing anymore and the language mixture becomes less charming and more annoying - so those trashy lyrics cannot hide anymore under the surface.

It's become Superg!rl teenage party sung by a better perfomer.

EscGeek

Veteran
Feker Libi, Rakata, a winning song of this year.. it's all the same to me. So i'm the only one who wouldn't call it a downgrade xyes.
"Set Me Free" is even an upgrade, but i know it won't win.

I know what most of you are missing this year: amharic language. So my suggestion to israel is to add some amharic to the mix. There's more than enough time. xbeach

Looren

Veteran
I enjoyed "Feker Libi", I also enjoy "Set Me Free" and "La La Love" but it's sure that none of them will be in my ESC 2021 top 10

Zonne147

Based on how you judge the songs, you've got very good points @crashworld and @HayashiM.

The only reason I don't agree with you is a matter of taste - I don't find La La Love and Set Me Free as meh as you think.

Feker Libi is probably a lot more impactful than La La Love because of: mix of languages + the structure + it's a lot more ethnic, but despite all the love it gets in our forum it's a quite polarizing hot mess (still a mess) while La La Love makes a lot more sense as a song to me and it's a lot safer, which is both good and bad as we all know.

I still think and I've always said none of them tops Feker Libi but for me, but I don't think La La Love and Set Me Free are that bad either. Ue La La is just not for my taste so I won't talk about it.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I love that we've had 2 songs in 50 minutes.

Top Bottom