Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
Better than the precedent version ! But it's totally not my type of song, overall it's not bad but clearly not competitive enough for ESC

Looren

Veteran
Well here is my final ranking before the show :

Not bad :

1. Set Me Free : Well it's not bad but I'm not feeling it, the only moment that gave me some feelings is the "Set me freee"
2. La la love : It's just ok

My ears are bleeding :

3. Ue La La : NO NO AND NO

Overall my favorite is "Rise Up Today", sad that it didn't qualify

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
ok having heard all 3 of Edens versions in studio. I have to say that I really like this line up a lot. Ue La La & La La Love are the best 2 with Set Me Free 3rd, although I love the Set Me Freee part of the song. The ethno elements they added to them worked super well.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The new version of La La Love has delivered. It needed that extra bit of spice. I really like it now.

AdventurousEntireEeve-small.gif

Not into the other two at all. Set Me Free I find middling, despite even that key change, and Ue La La is just far from being my kind of thing generally to begin with. It's too monotonous.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
La La Love has kind of a middling start, but when that first chorus begins, it takes off to space, my wig in tow.

The other two are...fine.

All three, I will say, are lifted by Eden Alene, who is a wonderfully charming and charismatic and other positive adjectives that begin with ch performer.

Zonne147

After listening to the final versions, I think both La La Love and Set Me Free have improved - the weak parts of each song are not there anymore, especially for Set Me Free, the last bridge got a major change but I'm still not 100% satisfied with it.

Nothing can save Ue La La for me.

With that being said, I'm supporting La La Love but I'd also be totally fine with Set Me Free.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
If "La La Love" wins as well, that title will have given us two absolutely iconic Esk sings

PotableRedChickadee-small.gif
6ac161e6aa00e8489369a63f4f7a388ec4e7f094.gif

Queens xheart

EscGeek

Veteran
"let me take you higher, set the base on fire, 2021 degrees" <-i love that line xdance2

The instruments in "set me free" & "la la love" are even more prominent than before. Well done.
"Ue la la" sounds better too.

I predict "la la love" just because how much fun Eden had in the car singing it. Those infectious lyrics are really doing it for me but i understand that some people might wanna keep a safe distance from it. xrofl

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
If "La La Love" wins as well, that title will have given us two absolutely iconic Esk sings

PotableRedChickadee-small.gif
6ac161e6aa00e8489369a63f4f7a388ec4e7f094.gif

Queens xheart

Thank God Maxim Zavidia didn't win the Moldovan selection with a song titled like that and ruin its legacy

hijirio

Veteran
1. Ue La La (Even though I think it still needs another revamp????? The screamy part in the last 1 minute sounds a bit #messy
Otherwise everything is purrrrrrrrfekt. I think this has the biggest staging potential. Eurovision Gods, please make this one win xpray )
2. La La Love (Much better than the demo, i like the ethnic elements. This one will probably win.)
3. Set Me Free (It's good.)

My top 3 didn't change after hearing the full versions, but the gap between ue la la and la la love is definitely much narrower now.

Sammy

Veteran
Musically I prefer La la love now over Ue la la.
I'm just not so sure what to think about it when I picture the crowd chanting "I just wanna infect my generation" given the actual situation.
Of course, I know, that it's a metaphor and I'm far from the PC-morality-discussion here, but it could still be a bit odd...

Last edited:

Mrm

Veteran
After I heard final versions, I'd pick "Set me free", but I do not like it at all..I want her 2020 entry back.. :(

crashworld

Veteran
Can you imagine what the revamp would have done to "Shoulders" if it has been selected?

"Set Me Free" is still my favourite, the revamp did take away the repetitiveness of the original version towards the end. But other than that, nothing too major to improve or destroy the song.

"La La Love" definitely elevated with the revamp, but I just cringe so much with the lyrics that I just can't.

"Ue La La" still doesn't do anything for me. I just hope it doesn't end up being the winning entry.

But of course, this is my opinion before the actual performances. Need to see how Eden sells the song during the actual performances and the staging, so things can change. Just like how they sabotage "Rakata" with the staging.
Still feel that the quality drops significantly. All the 4 songs from the 2020 selection pawn the 2021 ones.

Last edited:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I am absolutely in the minority here, but I can't find myself liking any of these songs ... they don't do anything to me. :unsure:
Nah you're not alone. It's not that I'm against any of these songs, it's just that I can't find anything striking in any of them. Tbh I wouldn't even know which one to chose as a favorite :lol: I guess I need a few more listen as for now they're just... there.

Loindici

Veteran
OKAY FOR ME ISRAEL IS PULLING MY WIG TO THE SKY. I'm hearing the final versions and I must say I'm happy with them.

It's between Set Me Free and La La Love for me, their revamps are elevating the song to the right direction. Ue La La is becoming even more Pelageya so it's still not my cup of tea. All of these are actually not that 'great' when it's not sung by Eden's voice, sadly, she took a big part on creating the charm on the songs.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
La La Love needs a major Tick Tockesque revamp so that I can properly root for it.

Set Me Free is a nice track but it will most likely be eaten alive. Ue La La is something.

Hope the live performances help me liking them more, because to go from the iconic Feker Winbi to any of these is a downgrade. xcry

Top Bottom