Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

crashworld

Veteran
I read from the youtube comments, apparently at the end of the song where Eden said her thank yous
("Toda raba, shukran, ameseginalehu, thank you very much Europe"),
she actually said them in Hebrew, Arabic and Amharic (and of course English at the end).
A little nice homage to "Feker Libi" (the Eurovision song that never was).

tsegaye

I got emotional yesterday seeing Eden perform since my (TMI warning lol) passed mother was Ethiopian. So she was the qualifier I got most excited for since I almost counted her out. Making Ethiopians all over the world proud!

I think this could do quite well, since it's just an effortlessly happy song and performance. The juries probably awarded her for the high notes, but I think she got the most support from the televotes actually. I'm predicting around 15th in the final, but wouldn't be surprised if it placed even higher.

VikingTiger

In all my predictions Isreal was a NQ.
I was certainly very wrong about this one. But I am sure it was Eden herself that saw to it that Isreal qualified. She did a very good job on stage! The song came much more to live that watching the video.

A-lister

Veteran
Am I the only one wondering whether people interpreted the title of the song as the singer's stance on current events in :il:?

Ehm? That's oddly far-stretched, I don't see how one can interpret this as political...

Based on how Eden and the team has been describing the song, and also just by listening to the lyrics, composition and context it's being performed, it's more a mixture of coming out from this awful year of Covid and lockdowns and self-empowerment.

pardoESC

Song number 3? Israel is not made a particularly easy life .. On the other hand the last time we were, "song number 3", it's the Golden boy, so maybe there is room for optimism

crashworld

Veteran
If Eden can hit the left hand side of the scoring board, it's already an achievement for a song that is vastly overlooked by the fandom.
Every predictions that I am seeing has Israel finishing in the bottom 5 (disheartening to see), but I am very happy that Eden beats against the odds and got a place in the grand final.

Eden's best bet now is with the juries and the general public. The majority of the ESC fandom is not going to give the song a vote.
This is the last lap for Eden, so all the best to her and may she gives a stellar performance tonight! :)

A-lister

Veteran
Gooo Eden and :il: , prove everyone wrong and at least manage a mid-score!!! xcheer

BDSers will cry, I would love to see the tears of evil xqueenbitch

crashworld

Veteran
Eden came no. 5 in SF1!!!! OMG!!!
Too bad she didn't land in the left hand side of the score board in the grand final.
But as long as she is not in the bottom 5, I take it!

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
While Eden didn't do too well in the final (I predicted that), I just want to say to all people who thought she was the "weakest link" with the bops in SF1 and "stole" Croatia's spot, well she was #5 with televoters (above Azerbaijan, Cyprus and Croatia) so yeah... suck on that!

crashworld

Veteran
She came in both in top 5 in jury and televote. The running order in the grand final hurt her. I'm wondering if the political situation did hurt her televoting results in the grand final. I mean 20th place? Even worse than that atrocious Moldova?

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
She came in both in top 5 in jury and televote. The running order in the grand final hurt her. I'm wondering if the political situation did hurt her televoting results in the grand final. I mean 20th place? Even before than that atrocious Moldova?

I dunno, the running order certainly hurt her, but unfortunately I think her performance was worse and less impactful than in the semi, she seemed a bit more nervous and a bit stiffer and vocally also a bit weaker...

At least she didn't receive 0 like some other countries, but yeah with the heavy propaganda against Israel in the media currently, it could have affected negatively, but I try not to think too much about that, considering everything she did better than some expected and I think we have to be happy with that, at least the juries proved (surprisingly to me) that they were enough pro to leave politics to the side somewhat.

Especially I am happy to see that Sweden treated her fairly in the semi (both jury and televoters), even with our media completely bombarding anti-Israel stuff on the daily.

crashworld

Veteran
True. But I think they more or less expected not to do well. I hope Eden takes it easy with the results. Looking forward to her future works!

Carian

I was shocked to see that she got televote points from all countries in the semis (except Slovenia). I expected at least some backlash given what's going on down there.

crashworld

Veteran
Gotta thank Azerbaijan public for giving Israel 12 points in both SF1 and grand final. No wonder Israel's music video has tonnes of Azeri commenting.

NeoTen

That whistle note (although better in the semi) was the best I've ever heard in Eurovision, really sad she didn't finish top 3. I mean the average guy I know spends 5 to 10 years learning it.

crashworld

Veteran
I would like to express my support for Eden and her bumpy journey in Eurovision.

She won "The X Factor: Israel" and "Rising Star" to earn her place as the Israeli representative in Eurovision. Recorded 4 fantastic songs in 2020 and performed all 4 with her best effort in the National Selection. Got the winning song that is well-received by the fandom, but only to know the news of the cancellation of the contest "live" on National TV. And then got re-selected as the entrant for 2021 again "live" on National TV.

Recorded 3 music videos and songs for her 2021 selection. Won with the song that is least receptive by the fandom. Involved in the revamp and did a brand new video, only to get lukewarm response. People discrediting her because of what's happening back in Israel, most of the people doubting her ability to even qualify and even "accusing" her of robbing the favourites. But only to emerge as the top 5 in her semi-final (no. 4 in jury and no. 5 in televotes).

Even though she ended up at no. 17 in the grand final, but I am still proud of Eden for her tenacity and continued to show her A-game despite the unfavourable circumstance.

Eden, thanks for being a true star and be the positive beam of light in the contest for the past 2 years. I will look forward to your future works.

Top Bottom