Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
YAAAAY! I am soooo happy for Eden and Israel xcheer

This together with Ukraine was the best stage delivery of the evening, she has such charm, charisma and sass and I still think the song is a bop as well!

I was afraid for a while with all the anti-Israeli cr*p going on in the media that politics would be mixed, but in the end it's a song contest and this deserved to be top. 10!

Last edited:

theditz83

Veteran
She NAILED those whistle notes, outstanding work!!

For me, I was comparing the Eden and Albina performances, and Eden's was just for more fun and carefree, and with a more assured vocal delivery so I'm not surprised she succeeded where Albina failed.

A very deserved finalist, and so glad the bookies were largely wrong about this one qualifying xup

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
When this song was chosen for Eden, I lamented not only that one of the best all-around artists of 2020 would return w/a pretty dull song but that she'd be returning with something that didn't feel competitive. I should've trusted Miss Eden to bring the talent and the personality that I knew she could bring. She was great tonight, and a spot in the final is her reward.

Kairit

Ugh the production on this song. :love: I haven't listened to this much, but it sounded so good. What's funny is most of my friends that haven't heard the songs before put this at least in the top 3. I wouldn't be surprised if this was actually popular in the televote too.

crashworld

Veteran
OMG!! I am so happy! I went to sleep after the 'live' performances and didn't wake up until now! Thanks Eurovision God and all the people who voted for Eden!!!

Ezio

Veteran
I didn’t expect Israel to pull through after their performance, but I knew they put the nail into the coffin for Croatia.

Eden is very charismatic, a star. Albina looked like a random person on stage.

israel had the better stage design. Although similar, Croatia gave a very basic Lion of love performance.

the backup dancers of Israel were also better, the dance moves more allusive and lecherous and they looked super cute, while the Croatian robocop dancers with their twirling hand moves were unemotive. It reminded me of the flop that was Slovenia 2013. Straight into love and out of the competition.

and the ultimate nail in the coffin were those effortless whistle notes. Bam bam bam. What a joy to watch. Israel was fresher and more playful and the appeal is obvious.

crashworld

Veteran
I think maybe they are right to follow the Dua Lipa sound. I got a feeling this is what made people click as a song.
I mean Eden did look stunning, perform the best she could (you can tell she is still kinda nervous), but the whistle notes moment, the cheers went off! LOVE IT!!

Now I don't care how she do in the Grand Final, a top 10-15 finish will be great, but I don't ask for much already as long as she is not the one who breaks the Israel qualification chain. Love you Eden!

pardoESC

By the way, from the smile of the facilitators, I realized that Israel is qualifying.

A-lister

Veteran
I didn’t expect Israel to pull through after their performance, but I knew they put the nail into the coffin for Croatia.

Eden is very charismatic, a star. Albina looked like a random person on stage.

israel had the better stage design. Although similar, Croatia gave a very basic Lion of love performance.

the backup dancers of Israel were also better, the dance moves more allusive and lecherous and they looked super cute, while the Croatian robocop dancers with their twirling hand moves were unemotive. It reminded me of the flop that was Slovenia 2013. Straight into love and out of the competition.

and the ultimate nail in the coffin were those effortless whistle notes. Bam bam bam. What a joy to watch. Israel was fresher and more playful and the appeal is obvious.

This!

Putting personal taste aside, I'm a bit surprised that people think Albina's performance had more universal appeal than Eden's, Croatia's was simply pretty joyless and static (a bit like the entry itself to me).

Oh well, as I mentioned in the Croatian thread already though, I don't think Israel is the reason Croatia is out, but if we are to compare these two then Israel really stood out on the evening. I might be over-optimistic here, but I have a small feeling Israel might have done better than also the other bops Azerbaijan and Cyprus, but will have to wait and see the results for that. I however wouldn't be surprised if it beat Croatia in both televotes and jury votes.

crashworld

Veteran
To be honest, I think the Eurojury results is on to something. I got a feeling Israel got a strong jury support, perhaps Eden is smart to include that record-smashing whistle tones in the revamp. I mean from the 'live' performance, there were loud cheers when she did the high notes and then "boomed" the whistle notes came, it got a little crazy. I am so proud of Eden, I can never say that enough. She is the only performer that beat the SF 1 qualification betting odds (she dropped out of the betting odds during the dress rehearsal).

Iker

Veteran
She did, I told you people. :) And after the performance, I felt 90% sure she will Q. This was the Q I was most happy about.

I had a blast yesterday, this was a very good performance. Very sassy & upbeat. People got crazy for it in the audience. And the song is a playful bop actually.

Last edited:
Top Bottom