1 0.8%

3 2.5%

7 5.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Israel-scaled.jpg

Israeliboy

With all the middleastern sound, pop, how can people compare it to Haba Haba?
Would you compare Waka Waka to Haba Haba? think about it

Israeliboy

Esc fans did exactly that back in 2011 xrofl
That's sad. Like being with a lack of knowledge about African music. More than this, it's like comparing "My number 1" and "Fuego" cause both got middleastern sounds :/

EscGeek

Veteran
That's sad. Like being with a lack of knowledge about African music. More than this, it's like comparing "My number 1" and "Fuego" cause both got middleastern sounds :/
I'm sure there are many cultural differences between Kenya and Ethiopia. We just like comparing songs. I'm guilty if it too. xshrug

Uto

Veteran
Israel is now just an automatic qualifier given that both Cyprus and Ireland are weak and beyond repair.

crashworld

Veteran
Israel is now just an automatic qualifier given that both Cyprus and Ireland are weak and beyond repair.

Actually I never have doubts on Israel's qualification to the finals. This song is just too good to miss out the final competition. My only worry is that it may do a Miki ala Spain 2019 in the finals. Both songs are feel good songs with positive message that will get people to dance, but jury may kill its chances to do well. If it's up to me and if the remaining 10 songs that are not yet revealed or selected (I didn't follow the NF for the other countries) are not on par, I am going to place this as the winner.

Uto

Veteran
Actually I never have doubts on Israel's qualification to the finals. This song is just too good to miss out the final competition. My only worry is that it may do a Miki ala Spain 2019 in the finals. Both songs are feel good songs with positive message that will get people to dance, but jury may kill its chances to do well. If it's up to me and if the remaining 10 songs that are not yet revealed or selected (I didn't follow the NF for the other countries) are not on par, I am going to place this as the winner.
Well Israel had the problem that, with semi 1 featuring a lot of high quality songs from relatively big countries and good vocalists, that their jury appeal is always going to be thin. This means you need to beat a lot of opponents convincingly in the televote department to get a large enough point differential to act as an offset as Israel doesn't really have any natural allies (no bloc votes). As it stands now they should be in the clear, I see no other big bop coming so they're going to take most of those votes. Russia might cause some trouble and we don't know what Azerbaijan has lined up, but they should survive that.

Remembrance

It's a song of two halves for me; I don't like it when the chorus kicks in, but the rest of the song (before and after) is fine.

Good luck, Israel :)

Kaz

I'm actually surprised that Israel hasn't received very much hype so far and is still relatively low in the odds. If there's any justice in the world, Eden will place in the top 10.

And now that Dotterdam isn't happening, I have 20 votes to re-allocate ;)

crashworld

Veteran
I'm actually surprised that Israel hasn't received very much hype so far and is still relatively low in the odds. If there's any justice in the world, Eden will place in the top 10.

Same. The reactions to Israel's entry have been vastly positive, so I am puzzled why there is no hype at all.

I guess as one forum member mentioned, it's likely they have won 2 years ago and it's very unlikely they will win again.
But then again, The Netherlands got a higher odds placing than Israel. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I can officially declare Israel to be my top entry this year (with Germany coming second) as I doubt the remaining 5 entries will change that.

• Fuego
Reactions: Kaz

pardoESC

Same. The reactions to Israel's entry have been vastly positive, so I am puzzled why there is no hype at all.

I guess as one forum member mentioned, it's likely they have won 2 years ago and it's very unlikely they will win again.
But then again, The Netherlands got a higher odds placing than Israel. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I can officially declare Israel to be my top entry this year (with Germany coming second) as I doubt the remaining 5 entries will change that.
On the one hand, Israel receives good reviews from YouTube, on the other hand, are ranked 19th in the betting tables

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Haba Haba? it has also middleastern vibes, pop vibes . . . every African song from now and on will be a revamp of Haba Haba? I find it quite funny.
I was exaggerating with the revamp mention but it's ESC, and we don't see often songs with African vibes, and Haba Haba was the first thing came to mind. It doesn't change anything, I think :il: entry isn't good at all, while I liked Haba Haba, but it's just my opinion. I didn't insult your country in the end. I find your entry at least a bit interesting unlike our boring one.

Top Bottom