1 0.8%

3 2.5%

7 5.8%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Israel-scaled.jpg

aef

This is not my kind of music at all but I really appreciate the effort! For now I'll give it 7 points but maybe I'll get more into the song soon... It has the potential for it.

Okay so actually I'm already into it right now! She seems quite likable and I like her vocals! I'm upgrading to 10 points!

Nemo89

No it's fine, everyone are entitled to their opinions, I was just trying to "get" your point of view that's all, but I think I get it better now.

I have no idea, I think music these days are generally short-lived since we live in fast-moving times. Frankly though, ESC entries rarely leave an impact on the general music scene. Outside of the ESC bubble, I'd say that from the past decade/s we have only a handful of entries that are remembered to this date by the general public.
We can say that the real and only planetary stars that survived the ESC are the ABBA. Those who were talents xbow and perhaps were other times ... more hectic than today but where we stopped for a few moments to enjoy life and emotions. I am of the opinion that if UK had convinced the "Queen" to compete in the ESC ... it would have been trouble for everyone! xbowx12points :lol:

It was nice to share opinions together :gimmefive:

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I, comparing "Fuego" to "Feker Libi", made a compliment to this song. I am sure it will move the energy of many euro-enthusiasts. It is a prediction dictated by my observation of the European public of these years.

However when I speak of "lack of originality", I do not express that a singer must invent a totally new song but show a "new product". The product is a very strong copy of the music of Rihanna and Shakira. You can't deny it.

The music is catchy but it happens that in the frenzy it loses a little control and gets lost.

For me it's a :6:
The only thing common with Rihanna here is color of skin, really. As a fan of Ri, it never crossed my mind Eden or Feker Libi reminds me Rihanna or her songs, and they definitely not.
As for Shakira, it reminds Waka Waka being African stylized but thats all from Shakira Israel entry has

Nemo89

The only thing common with Rihanna here is color of skin, really. As a fan of Ri, it never crossed my mind Eden or Feker Libi reminds me Rihanna or her songs, and they definitely not.
As for Shakira, it reminds Waka Waka being African stylized but thats all from Shakira Israel entry has
I noticed some small similarities but probably I can also be wrong. It must also be said that in music there are many similarities and plagiarisms. But if you agree with me that "Feker Libi" has a distant but marked resemblance to "Waka Waka" we cannot say that is 12. It is my opinion. Then I respected everyone's tastes.

Not wanting to dance anymore, but I must dance
The product is a very strong copy of the music of Rihanna and Shakira. You can't deny it.

This would be a valid point if Shakira hadn't used the hook from Las Chicas del Can (whom also used the melody)

And they both used the melody from a Cameroonian group

So if anything, you presume it's a copy because Shakira's version is the most well-known version of this style of music you've heard (which is why people kept saying Haba Haba was a Waka Waka copy)

Loindici

Veteran
I never knew Ethiopia participates at Eurovision

:8: points

Nemo89

This would be a valid point if Shakira hadn't used the hook from Las Chicas del Can (whom also used the melody)

And they both used the melody from a Cameroonian group

So if anything, you presume it's a copy because Shakira's version is the most well-known version of this style of music you've heard (which is why people kept saying Haba Haba was a Waka Waka copy)
my thought is not to denigrate the song but to say that among the songs listened to is the least original. Each song has its bases to draw on. The talent lies in making the music new even if it is not new. My thoughts, even if Shakira has taken inspiration from other artists, is always valid.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
OH MY GOD WHAT AN AMAZING CHOICE

12 points, of course!

NikolaiMoller

Veteran
Just watched the performance again. And thinking now she only has ONE song to focus on.

Israel can win again xheat

Ezio

Veteran
For me this song fits perfectly in the middle of the pack. It's not great and not terrible neither. It starts decently, but turns into a hot mess, that is still endurable. The song is not very catchy and her voice sounds thin. She will be slayed by Destiny from Malta.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Got home and caught the live performance. She sounded great, and I like the general framework for the stage setup. One thing I will say I would love to see is a little more - a little more grandeur, a little more chaos. But it's a very strong performance.

pardoESC

Well, I personally, happy about the choice (my choice:p). Hopefully, at least, the song will qualify for the crazy semi-final that Israel has faced.

Like I said at the beginning, I don't see much of a chance for Israel to win (no matter what the winning song). It also looks the same way in the betting tables, so it makes me more pessimistic.

But I think this song has all the elements to at least qualify for the final. But now it's not up to me anymore, it's up to you, Europe.

nunaney

Well, I personally, happy about the choice (my choice:p). Hopefully, at least, the song will qualify for the crazy semi-final that Israel has faced.

Like I said at the beginning, I don't see much of a chance for Israel to win (no matter what the winning song). It also looks the same way in the betting tables, so it makes me more pessimistic.

But I think this song has all the elements to at least qualify for the final. But now it's not up to me anymore, it's up to you, Europe.

I think her chances of qualifying are pretty good. Belarus, Slovenia and Croatia are easily beatable. Possibly Belgium too. Just gotta beat 3 more.

crashworld

Veteran
Her competition will be Lithuania, Ukraine, Norway and potentially Russia & Azerbaijan. Although don't know Ireland, North Macedonia and Cyprus entries, and even if they are awesome, she is still pretty much comfortable in the top 10.
She should be able to sail through to the finals smoothly if they iron out the staging issue.
They need to give her a better staging to elevate the song even more.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I wasn't feeling too good yesterday evening so went to bed early. Woke up all bleary eyed just then and grabbed my tablet in the dark to find out Feker Libi was Eden's song. I did a half dead fist pump of joy for what a wonderful, cute little song it is. Thank you Jesus for guiding the Israelis away from Roots. A disaster in my top averted (that literally would have been my bottom of the year which would have been a shame considering how much I like Eden).

I was going to give 10 points but 8 is more in line with my feelings for it and how I've ranked other songs this year (plus gives it some room to grow). It's a super sweet little ethno bop with Eden herself being the best thing about it. She's so loveable. They'll need to make the performance a bit stronger for Rotterdam but of course there is time.

Uto

Veteran
With the songs that have been released I would say Israel is comfortably beating Belarus, Croatia and Slovenia. The latter may get a jury boost, but the televote appeal of Slovenia is basically zero so they're out. Australia I rank higher, but seems like it will suffer if the performance isn't vastly improved from the Ozzy NF. Can't bank on that either way. The other entries should be out of reach for Israel, although the amount of alternative votes can not support all three of Belgium, Ukraine and Lithuania. One of those three is going to suffer. I think it will be Belgium, but they will just ride the jury to the final.

Entries that are still incoming feature Sweden and Russia, both likely to rank higher than Israel. If only two other countries are sending a good banger Israel is immediately in serious trouble. There's Azerbaijan, not the banger type of country, they go for regular pop, but they could steal some votes. North Macedonia also isn't generally into bangers, they should be safe. Malta has a singer they are likely to give a ballad. So that leaves Cyprus and Ireland as countries to beat. I think Israel is basically in the clear here. Their chances of survival should be comfortably over 50%, but not by a large margin. They really need a very engaging staging performance to really get it to stick. The fact that they are very likely to close the show might give them a boost.

crashworld

Veteran
I rewatched all 4 performances again. You can clearly see she is most comfortable with "Feker Libi". Not sure is it because it's the last song of the evening so she has already loosened up and seems more relaxed.

She sounded nervous on "Savior In the Sound" (though still sounding great) but the nerves perhaps had pretty much killed the chances the song had.

"Roots" came alive on stage, due to how tight the dance routine is. And she looked really fierce and I was pretty much ready to have it win the competition despite it being my least favourite out of the 4 (but by no means that song is bad, it still blows out almost 3/4 of the entries we have so far in this year's edition).

As for "Rakata", I feel really pity for it. It's still my favourite out of the 4 tracks based on studio version. But the staging pretty much let the song down. And due to it having relatively longer instrumental breaks, it needed a very competent performer who is very comfortable with a dance routine. Though Eden gave her all but you can still see she struggled and was almost out of breath towards the end. But fair play to her for able to do it given how short the breaks in between songs and having to learn the routine within a short period of time. Perhaps if given more time and more appropriate staging, she would have been able to nail the routine and the performance would have been able to match the vibe of the song.

All in all, we have to agree Eden is such a trooper giving her all in every single performance. That's the issue with national song selection, we are bound to miss good quality songs especially when all of them are so good. Just makes you feel like asking Israel to give up the other 3 to other counties and have them do them.

ag89

Ok, it's a cute song, but for me Roots was a proper package and by far the best song there. This was (the chosen song), at least for me, surprisingly basic despite it has so many elements.

It will stand out, but I am not expecting Israel to win or to make significant damage this year. A decent score yes, but fighting for the top: I don't think so.

ag89

I never knew Ethiopia participates at Eurovision

:8: points

Now you know.

Joke on side, your comment is not nice. The girl is from Israel: Israel, just like many other countries, comes in many shapes, sounds and colours. Ok?

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm
Top Bottom