15 8.5%

18 10.2%

10 5.7%

7 4.0%

8 4.5%

5 2.8%

12 6.8%

• Total voters
Anyone noticing the "Mel Gibson-'Joke' " from Petra Mede? The temperature in the room suddenly exploded in the room and when she tried to do another joke with the shades, the Israelian stiffly replied "I have my own!", which made her look like a very strict school teacher. Funny stuff.

Israeliboy

So almost 24 h have passed and my official reaction to this:
"I'm totally proud of Moran, me and my mom watched the performance I almost couldn't talk, my mom asked me why, I told "This is what I waited for 8 years since Shiri Maimon, a female ballad with a strong voice singing in Hebrew. Moran didn't make it, I'm proud of her, not, this is not cause I really want to show - IT'S OK SO WE DIDN'T MAKE IT, NOT A BIG DEAL. NO, I feel very good for real for first year, cause this year I think we did our best, we didn't send Dana with weak voice and average song and neither Izabo with strange song, we sent an Israeli ballad with a great person that has an amazing voice and we have much in common (age, army, nationallity etc.). Yes, an another year when they declared who are the qualifiers, In 2011 I was so upset, in 2012 I could understand why, in 2013 I just didn't react much and moved on. I still wonder if the contest is political and destroy our chances to even qualify or maybe Israel making wrong decisions. I know some of you guys would tell me that your countries didn't make it to finals more times than Israel, but this is not the case, I think that when your country has no diaspora, neither neighbours, your chances are insignificant, and this is what makes me go crazy. I hope I'm wrong, and I wish Israel better luck next year, but I will never forget Moran's unjutifield failure!"

Israeliboy

^A very big one :/ All here going crazy cause this time we had perfrect performance :/

A-lister

Veteran
^A very big one :/ All here going crazy cause this time we had perfrect performance :/

I would totally get if you'd withdraw after this treatment :(

However I really hope you stay, I enjoyed your selection this year and Israel is one of my all time fav ESC countries... would feel weird without you.

And also, if Israel withdraws there's a risk those North-African/Middle-Eastern countries that are members of EBU but won't enter because of Israel's participation will make their debut, and it would be a catastrophe for ESC :(

hijirio

Veteran
The new voting system will give us a full insight into the voting. All votes will be revealed as per the EBU....broken down by country.

yes, these are two examples cause I don't want to go through the list of songs but if you need more: Serbia 2012, Serbia 2011 etc.

and we were talking about the juries, not sure why the televote outcome is relevant. Anyway, please don't make every topic about the evil juries or we need to start moving your post over to the appropriate thread.

I watched a press conference like a week ago and Jon Ola Sand said they don't publish split results per country cause it may prompt some countries to spot in which countries it is easier to affect the televoting and send there people to abuse it.
Maybe they changed their mind in a week. Can you show us a source, please? :?

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
So almost 24 h have passed and my official reaction to this:
"I'm totally proud of Moran, me and my mom watched the performance I almost couldn't talk, my mom asked me why, I told "This is what I waited for 8 years since Shiri Maimon, a female ballad with a strong voice singing in Hebrew. Moran didn't make it, I'm proud of her, not, this is not cause I really want to show - IT'S OK SO WE DIDN'T MAKE IT, NOT A BIG DEAL. NO, I feel very good for real for first year, cause this year I think we did our best, we didn't send Dana with weak voice and average song and neither Izabo with strange song, we sent an Israeli ballad with a great person that has an amazing voice and we have much in common (age, army, nationallity etc.). Yes, an another year when they declared who are the qualifiers, In 2011 I was so upset, in 2012 I could understand why, in 2013 I just didn't react much and moved on. I still wonder if the contest is political and destroy our chances to even qualify or maybe Israel making wrong decisions. I know some of you guys would tell me that your countries didn't make it to finals more times than Israel, but this is not the case, I think that when your country has no diaspora, neither neighbours, your chances are insignificant, and this is what makes me go crazy. I hope I'm wrong, and I wish Israel better luck next year, but I will never forget Moran's unjutifield failure!"

I perfectly understand what you mean. I felt like "Classy Israel" was back. xheart

However :il: was great last year too.

A-lister

Veteran
I watched a press conference like a week ago and Jon Ola Sand said they don't publish split results per country cause it may prompt some countries to spot in which countries it is easier to affect the televoting and send there people to abuse it.
Maybe they changed their mind in a week. Can you show us a source, please? :?

He said that? Wow it's all getting worse and worse... the new system MUST have total transparency otherwise it's completely flawed.

ESC has becoming so much worse under his command...

mono

israel was soooooo good. Moran was amazing and delivered perfectly. WHY ARMENIA? WHY?

LakZaNokte

seriously? xrofl2

oh yeah, this really is going nowhere xbow

Yoni

We could get bombed by Iran and IBA will sitll find a way to particiapt ein ESC :lol:

trust me, IBA will NOT withdraw from ESC, they think of it as a chance to "show Israel to Europe", they said that on JESC, so ESC is for sure :lol:

About Moran, Can't say I didn't think we deserved to qualify, I do think the performance could've been much better, with os many missed shots (seriously, who takes someone like Doron Medley, who is a lyricist, as a DIRECTOR?) and that whale dress, gah.

It's a low point indeed, but from that we could only grow, IBA should really get their senses, make a FAIR National Final for once, and then we'll see.

overall I'm satisfied with the semi 2 results :)

Yoni

And also IBA has been taking much more **** years before :lol: (and well also ESC being one of the highest rating shows in IBA, they would never give up on that as well :lol:)

musicfan

Israel won't withdraw because the powers there see it as a useful way to promote the state politically, as we have seen in the past.

The song itself was forgettable like nearly all of their entries. Ten Li Siman would have been a better selection.

Yoni

Israel won't withdraw because the powers there see it as a useful way to promote the state politically, as we have seen in the past.

The song itself was forgettable like nearly all of their entries. Ten Li Siman would have been a better selection.

The state has really nothing to do with it, although it was used in several years to "improve" Israel's reputation in Europe, thankfully in the last 3-4 years IBA no longer thinks of sending peace songs and stuff like that, but trying to send a song that Europe will like!

CypriotGirl

Veteran
This song and the vocal performance was one of the best of semi 2. The main problem was the visual performance. You can't dismiss it because "it's a song contest", because it's the "EuroVISION Song Contest", and appearance plays its role. To see a young girl performing a classy powerful ballad with beautiful voice dressed so badly does not help at all. It was a waste of a beautiful song by a beautiful voice. Yes, the juries had to help this one for sure, but don't blame the casual viewers if they didn't vote for it, because the appearance ruined it.

I mentioned this long time ago, and I'll repeat it now. Especially in a ballad, the appearance of the singer plays a fundamental role on how the casual viewer will receive it. Remember Yohanna in 2009? Before the semi, her song was just another ballad among others, with nothing special. But her appearance with that beautiful dress and the whole performance blew our minds up. I remember very well what it did to me. Remember also Shiri Maimon? She looked stunning. I'm pretty sure if she was dressed like Moran, she wouldn't have come close to top 10 at all. You will think of Rona Nishliu last year as something opposite to that. Well, no. Her song wasn't a classy ballad. It was a weird song, and weirdness in her appearance worked possitively. That's all.

I'm sad about this song although wasn't among my personal favorites, but it's a song I'll miss from the final. And for Moran too, she should've had a better stylist.

musicfan

The Shiri Maimon song was a 100x better than this.

Thankfully they haven't sent political songs in recent years, though some may think keeping in Eurovision gives them the chance to do that when the time is thought useful. I really like to see it as a song contest and not a country contest anyway, but many everywhere obviously do look at as representing countries rather than simply the broadcasters who enter the song. Rather than just use a country's name as a shorthand for the song it is often used as making an entry symbolise a whole country. Stupid, but you see it all the time.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I'm so sorry Israel missed out on the final :'( Now I have to find someone else to cheer for :p

A-lister

Veteran
14th in its semi :(

I REALLY hope those "experts" in the juries have a good explanation for this!!!

I could deal with it not being a public fav, but if I found out that the juries could have saved this one I'll be really pissed and then it's obvious politics behind! xgaah

Israeliboy

All the neighbours votes yesterday were so so bad :/ gosh . . . I wonder how small countries gonna stay there. SOMEONE MUST CHANCGE VOTING SYSTEM!

14th in its semi :(

I REALLY hope those "experts" in the juries have a good explanation for this!!!

I could deal with it not being a public fav, but if I found out that the juries could have saved this one I'll be really pissed and then it's obvious politics behind! xgaah

I think it's her dress and due to the fact she wears big glasses that makes her look like a strict school teacher. I'm even inclined to say that she would have qualified without the glasses.

Her performance was not bad at all though.

Top Bottom