Contact us

Is it time to remove Juries?

Johnn

Lets not forget that, if it were down to the juries alone, :mt: 2011 would've qualified. I don't get how any normal juror could rank a song so highly given it's that cheap.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Lets not forget that, if it were down to the juries alone, :mt: 2011 would've qualified. I don't get how any normal juror could rank a song so highly given it's that cheap.

Although I dislike that song, it's the kind of cheap song that normally should appeal to the televoters, actually it's very similar to the song that won the televoting this year. The fact that that song was ignored by the televoters is another confirmation of the fact that it represented the wrong country.

Johnn

Although I dislike that song, it's the kind of cheap song that normally should appeal to the televoters, actually it's very similar to the song that won the televoting this year. The fact that that song was ignored by the televoters is another confirmation of the fact that it represented the wrong country.

I'm on about the juries though, not the televoters. :se: generally had more appeal, the singer was much hotter (regardless of whether you like him or not, he is seriously hot), the performance had plenty to it and was clearly well-rehearsed, and the song was really catchy, even with the verses.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
I'm on about the juries though, not the televoters. :se: generally had more appeal, the singer was much hotter (regardless of whether you like him or not, he is seriously hot), the performance had plenty to it and was clearly well-rehearsed, and the song was really catchy, even with the verses.

Sweden? o_O

Johnn

You said the televote winner. :se: won the televote (on the Wikipedia page, it looks like :az: did but :sm:'s jury votes were included). I presumed you were referring to :se: anyway given the comparisons with gender, upbeat song etc.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
You said the televote winner. :se: won the televote (on the Wikipedia page, it looks like :az: did but :sm:'s jury votes were included). I presumed you were referring to :se: anyway given the comparisons with gender, upbeat song etc.

I was talking about Russia this year, I was comparing Malta 2011 with Russia 2016.

RomanFromRussia

:ru: 2016 - Top 3 in most of pre-charts
:mt: 2011 - bottom-places in kind of every chart

So, maybe it's not only about diasporas, huh? If you dislike a song, it doesn't mean the song is bland or something ;)

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Thought you said that year rather than this year. But my case pretty much entirely still stands.

No, I said "this year". But yeah, afterwards I said "that song" referring to Malta 2011 but I guess that someone could be confused and thinking about Sweden 2011, sorry.

Top Bottom