Contact us

Is Eurovision turning safe and "middle of the road?"

AlekS

Veteran
^ No, you said that they took somebody's place. Have some respect to me and people who liked/voted for those entries ;)

FallenAngelII

What happened with the "Euro" concept? What happened with native languages? Local styles?
Why do you keep making it sound like all you need to do well at Eurovision (or at least all you should need to do well at Eurovision) is a song with an "Euro" concept, sung in a native language and with local influences?!

Why do so many people think that that's all it takes to make an entry a good enty, or at least a good Eurovision entry? Like "Hey, you singing in your native language with an etno-pop song? Here, have an automatic qualifier spot!".

Eurovision is REALLY turning safe and bland as hell.
In your opinion.

The Anglo/Western-centricism brought back by the juries mixed with their liking of safe and disney ballads have brought Eurovision back in the 80's.
You complete ignored the post where I point out that the juries sometimes favour etno more than the televoters! Just because they didn't favour, what, 4 ethnic entries you liked doesn't mean they're intolerant towards etno in general.

LakZaNokte

So what do you think? Have the fun declined? Is the level lower? Is the music still interesting?
it's a thin line between fun and bulls***.

I swear, few yrs ago, "boom boom chaka chaka" and "haba haba" would have been not only in the finals but in top 10.
those were the years when anything stupid (but "catchy" :roll:), even without any real quality regarding vocals, music or lyrics, did well.
and what are songs without vocals, music and lyrics? fun or bs?

u can make great song that would be fun and modern and "out of the box" without making it stupid.

Top Bottom