Contact us

Ireland

WorldVision

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
:ie: :ie: :ie:

howth_head_cliff_walk_icp.jpg

EurovisionSmile’s history in WV (2012-2024)

PARTICIPATED IN: 169 editions out of 181

1. PORTUGAL (47 editions)

DNQ – 19x

TOP 10 – 6,1,3,5,8,6,4,6,5,7 – 10x

2. SWITZERLAND (5 editions)

DNQ – 2x

TOP 10 – 2 – 1x

3. DENMARK (7 editions)

DNQ – 3x

TOP 10 – 3,8 – 2x

4. N.R.-W. (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 9,6 – 2x

5. PORTUGAL (30 editions)

DNQ – 14x

TOP 10 – 6,7,3,9,10,3 – 6x

6. BRAZIL (7 editions)

DNQ – 5x

TOP 10 – 4 – 1x

7. NORWAY (43 editions)

DNQ – 11x

TOP 10 - 1,2,8,1,2,3,3,10,8,1,1,8,7,2 - 14x

8. IRELAND (23 editions)

DNQ - 7x

TOP 10 - 6,10,7,7,7,6 - 6x
-------------------

TOTAL:

QUALIFIED: 103 times with 42 top 10's

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex1211ander

Re: Ireland / Tribute to the Cranberries

The Jury is:

RomanfromRussia (He sent the Cranberries to WV01)
EurovisionSmile (He gave his first 12 Points in WV01 to the Cranberries)
Whiteshoes & Staewi (Because I think my taste is something between them :lol: and they are part of #teamgermany)
Me (Current Ireland Juror)

We all will rank the 6 songs like this: :12: :10: :8: :7: :6: :5:

I hope you will enjoy our winner!

xwave

Alex1211ander

Re: Ireland / Tribute to the Cranberries

Thank you for supporting Dolores! I didn't expect to qualify with this kind of song because it is very special.

Here are the results of the National Final:

1st: No need to Argue with 45 Points
2nd: So cold in Ireland with 43 Points

3rd: Promises, Ode to my Family and I just shot John Lennon with 38 Points

Lonely last:
6th: Empty with 37 Points

Thanks to my internal Jury for choosing the right song xcheer

MARCOMEN

Ireland | NF 115 | NF

WV 115 : NATIONAL FINAL

A national final is used to choose the song that will represent Ireland in WV next edition. 7 songs were selected :

1. The Kelly Family - Fell In Love With An Alien

2. Lindsey Stirling feat. Rooty - Love's Just A Feeling

3. Owsey - Thousands of Summer Twilights

4. The Script - The Last Time

5. The Kelly Family - Nanana

6. Karan Casey & John Doyle - Exiles Return

7. Celtic Thunder - Heartland

Voting system:

Rate each song on a scale of 0 to 10 by PM (decimal numbers are allowed here)
You can also give your opinions on the songs (optional)

Deadline : 27TH OCTOBER 17:00 CET

Voted : :de: :kr: :sc: :west: ::na :paci: :nwen: :hu: :jp: :rs:

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
[MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] you appear to have caught ClassifiedCat syndrome and have a full inbox when I am trying to vote :p

MARCOMEN

The deadline is set at 27TH OCTOBER 17:00 CET

[MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] [MENTION=16440]Mainshow[/MENTION] [MENTION=6452]CypriotGirl[/MENTION] [MENTION=14451]ferret[/MENTION] [MENTION=4368]Milos-BC[/MENTION] [MENTION=15700]JSSArcos[/MENTION] [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] [MENTION=15467]marc[/MENTION] [MENTION=16190]Gabor77[/MENTION] [MENTION=12072]Amir[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=10140]cegs5[/MENTION] [MENTION=13948]fer20[/MENTION] [MENTION=12992]Fierro[/MENTION] [MENTION=16567]Zonne147[/MENTION] [MENTION=15499]Ausesken[/MENTION] [MENTION=14119]Mike[/MENTION] [MENTION=4663]theditz83[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=4911]kopachka[/MENTION] [MENTION=15942]Journalist[/MENTION] [MENTION=9149]Shmelsasha[/MENTION] [MENTION=15047]Alevender[/MENTION] @EveryoneElse your votes would be very welcome. :D

theditz83

Veteran
I'll vote on Saturday [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] - could you perhaps help with my NF? I'll PM the songs over to you, if you had the chance to listen and vote by tomorrow xlove

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:paci: has just voted. I'm starting to notice with your NFs Oualid that there's always one song that slays me hard beyond the others, it usually ends up winning your NF and then doing very (sometimes extremely) well at WorldVision. So having said that, go my 10/10xqueenbitch

MARCOMEN

The deadline has passed. 10 voters have decided the winner.

Thank you so much :de: :kr: :sc: ::mida ::na :paci: :nwen: :hu: :jp: and :rs: for voting xheart

Final scores :

JSSArcos

What can I promise? LOTS OF DIVERSITY ... it will be a little bit of everything, within the genres I have already sent, but mainly Folk, Indie and rock. Maybe explore a little more just the instrumentals, can i promise some "pearls" too :)

and for WV # 124 ? I haven't had time to research many songs, but I already have in mind what to send to the WV124, it will be a very epic folk ballad (with spoilers ) :LOL:

Why did I decide to move to Ireland? After a unique and great experience, where I to get my 2 win in the contest, I felt that I needed to change, I felt that I needed to change, as I mentioned, this change is mainly due to 3 bands, which I really love

If you have any questions / curiosity write (y)

the last few weeks have been very busy, but I want to thank everyone here who congratulated me for this change (on the topics or by private message), you are all amazing people, THANK YOU xheart

@Milos-BC Thank you for continuing my work in Finland, I believe I will love what you are going to send, I look forward to it, I hope you continue enjoying my entries

Milos-BC

Great intro, really loved it. I also love that we share a similar philosophy when it comes to our own entries. I will proudly continue your work in :fi: and I will ensure that the legacy you left there is a lasting one. Also looking forward to your entries in :ie: , I am sure I will enjoy them.

Milos-BC

Thank you xheart
I also just saw that you sent Nightwish !! xheat always an excellent choice (of my favorite metal bands), the album "Human. :II: Nature" it's really very good

Thank you so much, I am glad to hear that you like the :fi: choice :D I agree, the latest Nightwish album is really good and I wanted to have my favorite band as a debut entry :D I was struggling between two songs but Pan is my overall favorite on the album so I've chosen that one. Really glad to hear those words :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
I had high expections to what your choice concerns. And you didn't disappoint me at all, João. I have this song stuck in my head for a few days already! :D The words to define are, IMO, pure beauty! xlove 🥰It deserved much more than it got, ofc. But it's the effect that the song has on others that counts from the 2nd place down. And I'm a big fan of it. I don't remember of ever listening to it before. Considering its lyrics and the characters involved in a TV show I loved to watch so much, this simply leaves me speechless, I confess. 🤩

JSSArcos

:ie: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING OUR ENTRY :ie: xheatxhug

WV#124 Miracle Of Sound ft. Karliene- Only Us
-) 14 Place
-) 109 Points

:12::no:
:10::svea::pome:
:8::nrwe::lv:
:7::cali::hr::fi:
:6:
:5::tr::uk:
:4::ca::ba::nl::neus::cy:
:3::al::is:
:2::be::sc:
:1:

JSSArcos

I had high expections to what your choice concerns. And you didn't disappoint me at all, João. I have this song stuck in my head for a few days already! :D The words to define are, IMO, pure beauty! xlove 🥰It deserved much more than it got, ofc. But it's the effect that the song has on others that counts from the 2nd place down. And I'm a big fan of it. I don't remember of ever listening to it before. Considering its lyrics and the characters involved in a TV show I loved to watch so much, this simply leaves me speechless, I confess. 🤩

I'm so happy to know that you liked it :love:, I agree with everything you said, I didn't know this song specifically, but as soon as I heard it, I kept it in my head, it has a very captivating melody. Incredible words on your part, thanks for this reaction, this is the most important for me xheart. Yes, my draw didn't help :(

I already wanted to write on your thread Norway, but I haven't had time yet. Speaking totally of the heart, for me it is one of the best songs from WV (since I participated, of course), when I first heard in the semi, I knew it would be my 12 in the Final. This is so wonderful. everything is perfect in music, its high moments are purely epic, and when the melody is low, we have moments of art with only instrumental, with a perfect combination in both. Merethe Soltvedt's voice is strong, powerful and beautiful.
Thanks for showing me this, THANKS xheatx12points

Top Bottom