9 4.6%

10 5.1%

43 21.9%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Jupiter

I care deeply, Irish culture is important and Eurovision is one of if not the greatest platform for showcasing cultures, we have sent nothing but bland identify less music for a long time I'm not begging for tin whistles and fiddle de dee bullshit

Irish culture was put down and shamed for centuries it should be promoted, nothing is Irish about Latin sounds

Would you have examples of current artists and/or songs that you think would represent Irish culture well?
(Genuine question, bcs I'd like to give them a listen if so :) )

anabanana2000

Would you have examples of current artists and/or songs that you think would represent Irish culture well?
(Genuine question, bcs I'd like to give them a listen if so :) )
If you looking for something with a bit of "modern Irish-ness", check out anything by The Scratch, I'd recommend starting with "Punisher" or "Another Round".
They've a good mix of old & new trad music

Romeo

I have a feeling she will go too far on the staging. I have a feeling it might be “vampires are alive” staging. She needs to work on the performance. The studio version is better than the live one. I don’t know if she cannot perform live or the song isn’t right for her

ClassifiedCat

I care deeply, Irish culture is important and Eurovision is one of if not the greatest platform for showcasing cultures, we have sent nothing but bland identify less music for a long time I'm not begging for tin whistles and fiddle de dee bullshit

Irish culture was put down and shamed for centuries it should be promoted, nothing is Irish about Latin sounds
I very much disagree with you as an Irish person that's half Latin myself. The issue isn't with sending songs from diverse genres, it's from sending songs that are bland and stale and without an identity. I personally would feel very seen as a Latin person in Ireland to have an Irish Latin person be Ireland's representative on an international stage with a Latin style of song. Recognising that the Irish music industry is diverse and growing into so many different sounds, reflecting upon the increasing diversity of the country is something I would be ecstatic to see RTÉ, and ideally, the Irish public, reward diverse sounds from Irish artists - especially in the face of the far right's rising presence in the country over the past year.

We can show our culture and also recognise that other cultures now exist here as well, and giving them all the space to grow within the framework of a national final would be great. Hearing afro-fusion for the Czech Republic in 2020 and Norway in 2011 was amazing for example, why not some Latin music from Ireland? We had a band with Latin influences from Poland in 2004 as well. I still would prefer to send Bambie over Qbanaa, but I would have been ecstatic to have musical diversity outside of the Irish realm represented too.

anabanana2000

I have a feeling she will go too far on the staging. I have a feeling it might be “vampires are alive” staging. She needs to work on the performance. The studio version is better than the live one. I don’t know if she cannot perform live or the song isn’t right for her
I actually think it will be the opposite, maybe even a little subtle, Bambie has said the staging will be “romantic”
Also they can 100% perform the song live too

Cathan

When the bookies odds for the SF came out Ireland had only a 47% chance and were only 12th whereas Poland & Serbia were between 6-8 and each had 73% & 75% chance of qualifying, Ireland has now managed to overtake both and are now 7th with a 76% chance of qualifying (with the odds still shortening).

This just shows how badly the bookies f**ked up initially with their odds, hope they have fun paying out all those Ireland Q bets, including mine!!

Romeo

I actually think it will be the opposite, maybe even a little subtle, Bambie has said the staging will be “romantic”
Also they can 100% perform the song live too
Before the NF I liked the song. The studio version was good. When I saw her on the NF it reminded me of Linda Bengtzing in MF one year when she just looked like she didn’t know what she was doing and just running around crazily. It was just a bit too much.

I’d like to see Ireland back in the final because they don’t always get the points they deserve. Maybe 2024 could be the year and she could pull it off on the night

Etanna

this looks very promising! Out of all the ones from today I'm probably the most curious to see Ireland in full.

DirtyFalcon

I really like Ireland pictures. The song has grown on me since Bambie won her NF. Unfortunately, i still believe Doomsday Blue is part of those songs that the bubble loves but the general audience find it weird or too experimental. I would take as an example Serbia 2023 and France 2022. Bambie might qualify but i'm not sure this would do very well in the end.

Top Bottom