17 9.7%

24 13.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 12761

I hope they don't leave Eurovision if they don't make it to the GF this year. I hope they send something in irish language!

SarahM

I hope they don't leave Eurovision if they don't make it to the GF this year. I hope they send something in irish language!
TG4 (Ireland's Irish Language broadcaster) organise the acts for the Junior Eurovision, that's why these acts perform in Irish. I would be interested to see what TG4 would do with Ireland's Euro Song Selection if given the chance. RTE don't seem to treat Eurovision seriously at all. Echoing @HarryUK's point that they just shove it onto the Late Late Show like an after-thought.

anto475

TG4 (Ireland's Irish Language broadcaster) organise the acts for the Junior Eurovision, that's why these acts perform in Irish. I would be interested to see what TG4 would do with Ireland's Euro Song Selection if given the chance. RTE don't seem to treat Eurovision seriously at all. Echoing @HarryUK's point that they just shove it onto the Late Late Show like an after-thought.
I think TG4 would work wonders with it, they do so so much with such a small budget

SarahM

One thing is for sure, ditch the Late Late Show format. I think Marty Whelan and Panti Bliss should host a dedicated program to select the Irish entry next year. I think Brooke had a bit of an uphill battle this year trying to promote her song, as many Eurovision fans were comparing her Late Late performance to other countries entries. Her music video was filmed in her garage, as RTE's budget would not cover a proper video.
I hope RTE consider the importance of promoting the Irish song from the get-go, not just in May!

StephenMuckle

I wouldn't mind seeing RTE team up with the Greek maestros Dimitris Kontopoulous, Ilias Kostas, Alex Panayi and the staging guru that is Fokas Evangelinos. They have worked wonders before and I actually think Ireland would suit their style.

rasmuslights

Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing RTE team up with the Greek maestros Dimitris Kontopoulous, Ilias Kostas, Alex Panayi and the staging guru that is Fokas Evangelinos. They have worked wonders before and I actually think Ireland would suit their style.

lol worst esc group of songwriters for sure...

at least go for borislav milanov or alex p. if you'll buy a song.

HarryUK

Get Philipp Kirkorov over whilst you're at it

Give me some some... shamrock

dixenborg

My thoughts on Ireland are:

1. Go the Dutch route. Get a good artist with a good song, not something consciously crafted for Eurovision from a perspective that doesn’t even appreciate what Eurovision is in 2022.

2. Keep it authentic, don’t buy something in from abroad. Why not something in Irish?

3. Don’t have a national final. National finals are great if you have the songs and artists to guarantee a decent outcome but it’s better to focus your energies on one viable project.

4. Keep it a million miles away from the Late Late Show. Shift. The. Narrative.

5. Let the context be a celebration of modern Ireland. Have a special show to reveal the song. If Panti is there, let her actually say or do something with weight, with depth, with humour and spark rather than thinking “drag queens are so Eurovision, let’s just stick Panti in there”.

Ianp16

Do we reckon Ireland has the resources and strength to turn themselves around like the UK did this year? I hope so.

Mainshow

Veteran
Hopefully!

Ireland has been putting off quite some effort in recent years but compared to other entries it was simply not enough. Even "Togehter" - despite being truly beautiful - wasn't competitive at all.

"That's Rich" didn't perform poorly either. If the song had been more competitive and slightly more unique, it could have qualified.

They simply need to be bolder and braver regarding their selection processes. The national final was as bad as the German one this year.and the juries voting down the only solid entry was a disaster! Apart from "That's Rich", all songs were dead and changeless upon arrival

elanyvx

HarryUK

This is a bit like asking the Loose Women panel in the UK to select our entry

Why are Ireland always shooting themselves in the foot

Top Bottom