17 9.7%

24 13.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Cathan

Loads of excuses as expected but Kealy is basically a lame duck part of a much bigger problem higher up at RTE. He pretty much confirmed it will be a late late show NF again. He was hoping to have a NF outside the studio soon but due to all the chaos this summer that simply isn’t possible now. Apparently he did make a pitch of doing a NF over multiple weeks which would be more cost effective for the broadcaster but that didn't get the thumbs up, He’s basically a one man band when it comes to the Eurovision core team.

The response to Ireland's abysmal qualification record of 1/10 was particularly cringe saying "anyway of looking at statistics, if you go back a few more years we'd have 3 qualifications then." He was being flippant and I am paraphrasing but still oof.

Due to lack of funds RTE doesn't have podcast or social media specifically for ESC. Kealy also says the broadcaster doesn't have time to make an social media specifically for Ireland at ESC due to other projects he's currently working on that are taking up his time at the moment like Rose of Tralee and the New Year’s Eve show concert but he would like to have one.

As a result of being busy with other things he only starts get to hearing potential songs for Eurosong in DECEMBER! (n)

Ultimately firing Kealy would be fine with me but I don't see anything changing until RTE has a complete makeover further up the chain. At the moment I don't think they care at all and are doing the bare minimum. Sadly it's clearly considered a low priority on their list of programming.

The televote results of :ie: in the first semifinal:

8th place - :no: :mt: :3:
9th place - :pt: :2:
10th place - :lv: :ch: :1:

11th place - :se:
13th place - :hr: :cz: :md: :de:
14th place - :az: :fi: :il: :it: :nl: :rs: :fr:

Last place in : :az: :fi: :il: :it: :nl: :rs: :fr:
Technically 2nd last in France & Italy as they could vote for 15 countries.

Top Bottom