That's rich
That's rich
Yeah that's rich
When It's coming from you
That's rich

BYE BYE fool (ooww!)​

Ezio

Veteran
Happened in 2013 but it's been a minute.

The only way I could see Ireland qualifying is an unexpected push by juries, you know how they sometimes support an entry that you never thought they'd go for? But other than that, it looks like another uphill battle for the country I'm afraid. I was so disappointed that the Irish broadcaster learned NOTHING and went straight back to the format that didn't work seven years ago, it's as they have truly given up.

If you watched my Reaction video you know that I'm not a fan of this entry, as a matter of fact it was probably my least favorite of all six options. Brooke sounded fine live and has some stage presence but this is definitely their worst effort IMHO since Nicky Byrne.

Hey Matt :)

2013 was an odd one. Ireland didn't bottom in neither the jury nor the televote. The actual last place might have went to Spain with the set of rules in place now?

And now I need to react to your reaction video with my new youtube nick *g*

ESC94

Hey Matt :)

2013 was an odd one. Ireland didn't bottom in neither the jury nor the televote. The actual last place might have went to Spain with the set of rules in place now?

And now I need to react to your reaction video with my new youtube nick *g*

Sadly we´ll never know because we only have these useless average scores and EBU refuses to release the exact scores. :mad:

Ezio

Veteran
Sadly we´ll never know because we only have these useless average scores and EBU refuses to release the exact scores. :mad:
We need to campaign for the release of the actual results :D

Ezio

Veteran

Fluke

Should i laugh or should i cry? Not only is this in the exact same genre and type of artist as their last two entries (or three, depending on how you see it), that both ended up LAST PLACE, it somehow manages to be even worse both in vocals, songwriting and annoying production. This is so unspeakably horrible, it's easily the worst ESC entry of the last 10 or 15 years, aside from deliberate jokes like Dustin the Turkey.... and what country was that again?

Just, why?!? Is somebody betting a huge sum on them making last place again? Couldn't they at least try something different that the exact thing that made them score TWO last places in a row? This is literally straight out of some British/Irish comedy - particularly that certain one, you know which i mean. That's literally happening, except with pink-faced girls instead of old geezers....

Bmbriga

Since Brooke performed "That´s Rich" on 7th April, 2021 live on Instagram, I think that she has to/will be disqualified.
I really don't understand what's wrong with these people. You can count the rules on one hand, and one of those is that you should stick to September 1st.

I came across some interview with the Jordan and Emma (they took part in Chech NF) and she said they wanted to submit another song, because they already had music video for it, but remembered they played it somewhere and there was a recording of it on YT.

Even if Brooke stays in competition, she's bending the rules and for what exactly? That's rich? It's not really a master piece worth the gamble with possible disqualification.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The EBU made a slight adjustments to the rules a couple of years back. If there was limited exposure of the song e.g. a random Instagram release with only a small number of views, that would no longer be considered an issue. I can't say how widely the song and clip was viewed and distributed but my guess is that hardly anyone saw it so the EBU will most likely not worry about it.

AlekS

Veteran
The EBU made a slight adjustments to the rules a couple of years back. If there was limited exposure of the song e.g. a random Instagram release with only a small number of views, that would no longer be considered an issue. I can't say how widely the song and clip was viewed and distributed but my guess is that hardly anyone saw it so the EBU will most likely not worry about it.

marty

A single live performance on insta is not a release. ebu just changed the wording from commercial release to release according to that ukrainian interview.

lacrymea

I gave it a :7: for being cute and for the New Order homage in some parts of the track. Loose the styling altogether, please.

Ali_

Should i laugh or should i cry? Not only is this in the exact same genre and type of artist as their last two entries (or three, depending on how you see it), that both ended up LAST PLACE, it somehow manages to be even worse both in vocals, songwriting and annoying production. This is so unspeakably horrible, it's easily the worst ESC entry of the last 10 or 15 years, aside from deliberate jokes like Dustin the Turkey.... and what country was that again?

Just, why?!? Is somebody betting a huge sum on them making last place again? Couldn't they at least try something different that the exact thing that made them score TWO last places in a row? This is literally straight out of some British/Irish comedy - particularly that certain one, you know which i mean. That's literally happening, except with pink-faced girls instead of old geezers....
I'm not a fan of this song but other than a broad umbrella of pop music this isn't the same genre of Maps or Story of My Life.

cegs5

I like the melody and instrumrntation, I really do, but the performance was so amateur… somehow I can’t hate on this, it has some inspuegabile charm.

Shaney1995

I like the melody and instrumrntation, I really do, but the performance was so amateur… somehow I can’t hate on this, it has some inspuegabile charm.
The performance was meh but largely down to the fact it was on a late night talk show. She needs to be able to perform on a big stage with full production

Shaney1995

Imo, RTE should consult with ESC officials, preferably before the deadline.
RTE is not very organized when it comes to Eurovision anymore. They seem to treat the competition with disdain of late because they never do well. They brought back a national selection .. only for it to be low budget and limited act wise. Then their national jury, all RTE connected voted against the public and international jury, but to no avail. RTE are just not very with the times and stuck in 2006.

But I wouldn't worry. The chances that this song will face trouble .. is nearly zero. Playing some of the song on an insta story last summer to a few hundred people for a minute isn't really anything of commercial worth or publicity. It's almost as irrelevant as singing it at a karaoke bar in a small town

Top Bottom