You think i dressed up for you?
That's rich
That's rich
Yeah that's rich
When It's coming from you
That's rich

BYE BYE fool (ooww!)​

Fluke

Ireland if any country should send a rock band. Something like Italy or Portugal this year could potentially do really well. But then, i get a feeling many of the Irish higher-ups really doesn't want that :unsure:

Fluke

Last in the semi, two times in a row. Can't they tell something's really wrong? Do they really want to lose, or do they just not want to change?

Sabrewulf238

Some ideas that I'm pretty sure RTE are not going to do but whatever....

1. I think we should go back to a national final selection. A lot of the songs that performed strongly this year had already gone through a national final selection (of some sort) in their home country.

2. The national final selection should have no less than 10 songs. If Iceland, a country with a smaller population than us can manage 10 songs, we can too.

3. The national final should have a wide variety of genres. RTE need to get comfortable with going outside their comfort zone and give a greater diversity of acts a shot at representing us. (and if they can't do that, maybe they should take one for the team and hand over the reins to a different broadcaster)

4. When choosing which artists/songs will compete in the national final, an emphasis should be placed not only on the song itself but the live performance capabilities of the artist. There have been some national final acts in the past that really had no business being up on that stage because they couldn't perform live on a teeny tiny stage let alone the massive one at Eurovision.

5. and lastly, for goodness sake give us an actual national final and not some Late late show afterthought.

If we want to do better at Eurovision we need to act like we actually want to do better. Taking shortcuts isn't going to cut it!

rasmuslights

Veteran
Last in the semi, two times in a row. Can't they tell something's really wrong? Do they really want to lose, or do they just not want to change?

I think Lesley was the biggest problem.. I loved the staging but her vocals just weren't all that..

rasmuslights

Veteran
Some ideas that I'm pretty sure RTE are not going to do but whatever....

1. I think we should go back to a national final selection. A lot of the songs that performed strongly this year had already gone through a national final selection (of some sort) in their home country.

2. The national final selection should have no less than 10 songs. If Iceland, a country with a smaller population than us can manage 10 songs, we can too.

3. The national final should have a wide variety of genres. RTE need to get comfortable with going outside their comfort zone and give a greater diversity of acts a shot at representing us. (and if they can't do that, maybe they should take one for the team and hand over the reins to a different broadcaster)

4. When choosing which artists/songs will compete in the national final, an emphasis should be placed not only on the song itself but the live performance capabilities of the artist. There have been some national final acts in the past that really had no business being up on that stage because they couldn't perform live on a teeny tiny stage let alone the massive one at Eurovision.

5. and lastly, for goodness sake give us an actual national final and not some Late late show afterthought.

If we want to do better at Eurovision we need to act like we actually want to do better. Taking shortcuts isn't going to cut it!
nah don't agree..

all you need is a good internal selection, I'm sure one good indie Irisih artist would do it... It's up to RTE tho.. a nf won't solve this..

Sabrewulf238

nah don't agree..

all you need is a good internal selection, I'm sure one good indie Irisih artist would do it... It's up to RTE tho.. a nf won't solve this..

I'm not really arguing that an internal selection can't provide a strong song (I mean I'm pretty sure Switzerland was an internal selection this year/last year), I'm moreso arguing that I don't trust RTÉ to be the one outright choosing our song.

I'd rather their job be shortlisting a selection of songs (that don't include a turkey) and letting the public figure out the rest.

seagull

Do not use the Late, Late Show as your NF, whatever you do, for the love of God.

I actually think, weirdly enough, that RTE is in a better situation than the BBC is. They are least went with an interesting staging concept, something that was genuinely different performed by someone who was at the heart of the creative process from the beginning and wrote the song, but it just didn't quite come off on the night, The BBC had giant trumpets. Take heart from that at the very least!

Ianp16

Wasn't it Lesley that was also the person behind the staging of her song? Her instagram posts keep referring to "my vision" and RTE giving her the encouragement to pursue it.

I think Ireland, like the UK, are trying harder, they just aren't making the right choices and giving the right people the opportunity.

A-lister

Veteran
The 2021 song was one of the best ones of that edition, one of the best Irish entries in years as well, so the song wasn't an issue. However the staging was a hot mess though and Lesley came across as a mid-age children show host with the odd scenography, close-up shots and mimicks and it didn't fit the song at all (it would have fitted the 2020 song more that sounded juvenile, but 2021 entry wasn't a juvenile song).

rasmuslights

Veteran
The 2021 song was one of the best ones of that edition, one of the best Irish entries in years as well, so the song wasn't an issue. However the staging was a hot mess though and Lesley came across as a mid-age children show host with the odd scenography, close-up shots and mimicks and it didn't fit the song at all (it would have fitted the 2020 song more that sounded juvenile, but 2021 entry wasn't a juvenile song).

I loved the staging but Lesley as a performer really isn't convincing ...

AlekS

Veteran
*I summon the mess of epic proportions* xbow

I adore her as a singer (esp the 90's), but in the same time she's deeply psychologically injured person with serious mental problems that she's fighting through her whole life.
Her vocals aren't good like previously, it will be a huge win if she won't do anything to herself until May or burn Israeli flag, or disappear without a trace 1 day before the rehearsals :lol:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
*I summon the mess of epic proportions* xbow

I adore her as a singer (esp the 90's), but in the same time she's deeply psychologically injured person with serious mental problems that she's fighting through her whole life.
Her vocals aren't good like previously, it will be a huge win if she won't do anything to herself until May or burn Israeli flag, or disappear without a trace 1 day before the rehearsals :lol:

She's a mess, and a one-hit wonder with a Prince cover.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Top Bottom