That's rich
That's rich
Yeah that's rich
When It's coming from you
That's rich

BYE BYE fool (ooww!)​

Mainshow

Veteran
"That´s rich" is freaking catchy and well-produced. I absolutely love the verses (it gives me some Marina vibes) - unfortunately, I think that the middle 8 part is annoying (I hate such way of decoding one´s voice).
Also, the chorus doesn´t kick in as much as I was hoping for BUT songs-wise, it´s the one entry Ireland should be going for because it´s more likely to see this qualify in May than the other three entries.
Dunno... maybe :7: to :8: ?

ESC94

Just listened to Brookes song. Well, it´s slightly less mediocre than the three previously released songs but still not great, after one minute the song gets boring and I just wait for the end. xbored

Last edited:

elanyvx

If Ireland continues like this it will fail in every edition. Is it possible that they do not find an artist who can differentiate themselves from the others in competition? Not to mention the songs, they are standard and in English, pretty much like the other selections. If we admit that Australia/Malta are now strongers than them from every point of view, the United Kingdom is already a finalist so it is a separate matter.

320 songs received and the 4 songs selected so far are stuff already heard, without any particular highlight.
Don't they have something more recognizable in Ireland? They could sing in Irish, there are so many musical instruments that they can include in the song, something more interesting and shock, an artist who can bring Celtic music to Europe, something folk, they have so many options.

It is useless to bring songs in English and the same as many others if the other countries dominate you in the rankings and in the competition.

mauve

Veteran
They could sing in Irish, there are so many musical instruments that they can include in the song, something more interesting and shock, an artist who can bring Celtic music to Europe, something folk, they have so many options.
Absolutely true. Celtic Music (combined with rock or whatever mixture) would be awesome! Instead we get uninspiring songs that nobody needs. :(

Koori

They could sing in Irish, there are so many musical instruments that they can include in the song, something more interesting and shock, an artist who can bring Celtic music to Europe, something folk, they have so many options.

From what I've read, their delegetion lead said during the podcast that there is no way they'll send something tradionial, related to country culture or unique because they are still searching for "international radio hit" xqueenbitch

I mean come on gurl it's been at least 10 years and you still found none...xhmmm

Sabrewulf238

From what I've read, their delegetion lead said during the podcast that there is no way they'll send something tradionial, related to country culture or unique because they are still searching for "international radio hit" xqueenbitch

So, I'm Loving Me and Real Love are candidates for their "international radio hit"?

face-smash-patrick.gif

Looren

Veteran
"That's Rich" is basic but actually okish ? Yeah it's just an okay song, am giving it a lil 7/10

shameless

I mean come on gurl it's been at least 10 years and you still found none...xhmmm
ITA. I don't know any country that was constantly as irrelevant as the reigning ESC champ once Jedward were done. I really feel for them because they're know a 2nd-mens-UK in the ESC which already says A LOT and have clearly been outnumbered by all the other english songs but it also seems to lack any vision of how they can come back to the top. We saw how the Netherlands and France as other traditional countries did it, Switzerland, Austria and Belgium also sort of so I just wish Ireland a couple of successful years in order to have their interest back in ESC justified.

njdevils94

Veteran
The 5th songs song by Patrick O'Sullivan from Cork is called One NIght, One Kiss, One Promise.

Remains Brooke or bust for me at the moment.

Top Bottom