I am the road
There's only one way to go
This is the way back home

I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces
Only one way to go
This is the way back home
I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces (I've been trying)
Only one way to go
This is the way back home​

Last edited by a moderator:

CaraMia

I'm so expectant for this live performance! Eurovision fans may know this as a "Silvan Areg" kind of performance, but how did we react when we saw that performance for the first time? "Even if I don't like this song, I agree that it deserved to go to the final!". I think random people seeing something like this at home for the first time will be highly impressed by the originality and Ireland is going to be rewarded for it! Even if Lesley (slightly) messes up vocally, if everything else is smooth (for example, her outfit and hairstyle seen appropriate in the rehearsal) this will easily fly into the final with a performance like that. It was definitely my favourite rehearsal of this first batch!

rasmuslights

Veteran
I'm so expectant for this live performance! Eurovision fans may know this as a "Silvan Areg" kind of performance, but how did we react when we saw that performance for the first time? "Even if I don't like this song, I agree that it deserved to go to the final!". I think random people seeing something like this at home for the first time will be highly impressed by the originality and Ireland is going to be rewarded for it! Even if Lesley (slightly) messes up vocally, if everything else is smooth (for example, her outfit and hairstyle seen appropriate in the rehearsal) this will easily fly into the final with a performance like that. It was definitely my favourite rehearsal of this first batch!

same I think this should qualify, one of the few who actually tried to do something new yesterday.

Sabrewulf238

Them vocals... :( I know there's a chance she didn't go full out and that she still does something about it, but if I had concerns before, now I am really worried.

If she manages to rectify this issue, I am pretty sure :ie: is qualifying.

Alesia Michelle was talking about it on her channel, she was saying that this isn't meant to be a vocal rehearsal. (and that Lesly was holding back)

This is just a technical rehearsal so she knows where to stand and what to do on stage.

Carian

Guys, I must say this sounds better live. I did not get that haunting feeling I was telling you a few days ago. Maybe she is not the best vocalist of the year, but she is very cute.

Grinch

I fully support the idea of preparing a performance for tv audience.
In 2019, 182M viwers tuned in to ESC, this year the number will probably increase.
But there will be only a few thousand people in the arena.
It's the best thing to do.

Go Lesley xclap

A-lister

Veteran
This is the first time in years that I really feel excited for an Irish entry so I really hope this will somehow manage in the end and that she will make it vocally when it counts.

Brandt

I am in love with the snippet we got from the second rehearsal. There is a possibility that she won't be in the final, sadly, but fingers crossed for the best.

VikingTiger

After seeing the clips of the second rehearsal I guess I am even more convinced Ireland will not be in the final this year. Timing and vocals need to be much better if Lesley want to joing the lucky 10 from this semi.

Ezio

Veteran
The clip is supposedly not indicative of the performance at all.

0scar

I don't really like the part in the second rehearsal clip where she runs between the two flipping papery story telling things (horrible description but I'm not really sure what to call it), but the houses and trees are really cool. Looking forward to see her full performance

Pål Nordahl

Really want to love it... but don’t know if I do. We’ve seen only 30 seconds out of 3 minutes so I’ll reserve judgement until I see the entire production. At the very least it’s great to see them trying something different. Hope it works!

JChan

I really enjoyed the rehearsal snippet-- I thought it was ambitious, eye-catching and a total 180 from the spinning diner table of 22. My only real concern is her vocals, her voice sounds really discordant with the backup singers for some reason.

Top Bottom