I am the road
There's only one way to go
This is the way back home

I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces
Only one way to go
This is the way back home
I've been searching all the wrong places
I've been trying too many faces (I've been trying)
Only one way to go
This is the way back home​

Last edited by a moderator:

Brandt

The live performance wasn't that good unfortunately. :( But it is the best stage performance I have ever watched, to be honest. She basically created a Wonderland of her own.

Grinch

I'm sad but not surprised. It was like Ireland tried too hard not to qualify and made everything to make sure of it.
Maps is still one of my favorite songs this year. I'll just keep listening to it on spotify and not watch the semi performance again :cry:

tuorem

The vocals killed this act imo.

And why did they end the performance with a plain colour in the background, wide shots and Lesley rushing towards the b-stage? That was rather anticlimactic.

As good as the idea was, I felt like it was too much for her. She looked nervous as if she feared she might not remember all the steps.

Too bad for Ireland.

Chorizo

The staging was interesting and innovative but all the extra time they got for setting it up didn't pay off for them. Next year, they should focus more on selecting a strong song again.

EscGeek

Veteran
I love the staging because of its originality.

I've heard her sing better before, but she did everything else right. Not a big deal regarding her vocals as i've just heard her performance for the second time and i'm already used to it. :lol:

And thank you Lesley for giving me "Story Of My Life" xmusic

Pål Nordahl

I thought the staging was genuinely great, but it was very uncomfortable to listen to Lesley's vocals. Disapointed but not surprised.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm sorry for Ireland, I kinda expect it to not go through, but still sorry as it's one of the best songs of this edition and for sure deserved to be in the top. 10. It's been a long time since I felt excited for an Irish entry so it's a bit sad.

The performance was a bit messy though, and I don't refer to her vocal delivery or energy which imo was pretty fine, but this whole elaborated staging looked a bit sloppy and I've noticed from previous years (and in particular in MF where these type of stagings have been occuring every now and then lately) that it doesn't really go well with viewers as it loses the "live" feeling of a song and looks more like a music video.

Oh well, will still remain in my overall top. 10 of the year!

theditz83

Veteran
This was my big disappointment of the night. I loved how creative this staging was, and the fact that they did all the prop movements themselves - it just felt very special to watch. I'll happily go back and revisit the performance in the future.

Such a shame that Lesley's vocals just couldn't cope with the live delivery and all of the finely tuned staging. She sometimes looked stressed and it showed even more in her voice.

But thank you Ireland for bringing something unique to the contest, and as a song, it's still one of the best this year xlove

DanielLuis

Her vocals were terrible. I really like the song on the studio version, one of my overall favourites, but tonight there was just no way to justify putting this on the top 10.

A-lister

Veteran
Her vocals were terrible. I really like the song on the studio version, one of my overall favourites, but tonight there was just no way to justify putting this on the top 10.

Sweden was worse vocally with a worse song yet we're in the final (again)... so I dunno, if it comes down to it then the song (in a song contest) should prevail... but that's just my opinion.

DanielLuis

Sweden was worse vocally with a worse song yet we're in the final (again)... so I dunno, if it comes down to it then the song (in a song contest) should prevail... but that's just my opinion.
Nah I don't think Tusse was nearly as bad vocally as Lesley was today. Lesley sounded off throughout the entire 3 minutes, she really couldn't handle the effort that sort of staging pulls on the vocals.
Still, neither deserved to qualify.

A-lister

Veteran
Nah I don't think Tusse was nearly as bad vocally as Lesley was today. Lesley sounded off throughout the entire 3 minutes, she really couldn't handle the effort that sort of staging pulls on the vocals.
Still, neither deserved to qualify.

Agree to disagree here, Lesley wasn't great, but Tusse was even worse (with a much easier performance should I add)...

But then it comes down to which song was the best, it's a song contest after all...

Oh well, it's out (as I was afraid of) so I guess there's not much more to add to that, will be interesting to see the split results here...

cegs5

I’m so sorry for this, the song was good but the staging was confusing... I know it was artistic and everything else, but too many things going on while she was performing and trying not to be shaky, it came accross as forced and distracting. It could work as a video clip perhaps, but not in a contest where you have only three minutes to impress. Had her staging being simpler, it maybe could have had more impact, because the song itself can stand out.

A-lister

Veteran
I’m so sorry for this, the song was good but the staging was confusing... I know it was artistic and everything else, but too many things going on while she was performing and trying not to be shaky, it came accross as forced and distracting. It could work as a video clip perhaps, but not in a contest where you have only three minutes to impress. Had her staging was simpler, it maybe could have had more impact, because the song itself can stand out.

My sentiments too, I see many people applaud the staging, but I think the staging was the main issue here tbh... it wasn't even particularly nicely done let's be honest.

Sad for a very nice song and not SO bad vocals as I expected them to be (based on others impressions).

Top Bottom