2 1.7%

6 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ireland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fluke

How about a rock band? If any country should do it..... it sure couldn't go much worse than it already has!

LastDreamer

Banned
Una Healy or very unrealistic choice - Imelda May.

Sabrewulf238

Looking on the bright side, there's a decent chance we'll get a better result next year. We can't go much lower...

Courtzer

I think we should go back to a National Final, as bad as the Late Late Show was it did give us 6 of our best 7 results this decade.

Alaska49

of all countries, how hasn't ireland looked at the slow but steady renaissance of ethnic-flavoured entries and thought "this looks like a job for ME"? after keiino, the writing is on the wall. ireland shaped the contest with their sound in the mid 90s and they aren't taking advantage of how appealing it can still be nowadays. they came sooooo close to hitting that spot in 2014 and then did everything in their power to ruin that entry beyond recognition. whether it's poppy and boppy or it's mysterious and ethereal, ireland needs to go extra and easy to recognize. it's more likely to work than anything else.

Loindici

Veteran
Finding Irish composers and lyricist that works in the theatrical or ambient field, perhaps??

Adam

For Eurovision 2020, We need to internally select an established artist who makes good, quality music and is a good live singer and who also has experience performing in front of big crowds. But this is gonna be hard because the Irish music scene looks down on the contest even though our 2011 entry, Lipstick was the biggest selling song in Ireland in 2011. My ideal picks would be Gavin James, Picture This or Kodaline. All of them would gain so much from the exposure (it’s the biggest audience a singer can get)

Mimmon

Veteran
For Eurovision 2020, We need to internally select an established artist who makes good, quality music and is a good live singer and who also has experience performing in front of big crowds. But this is gonna be hard because the Irish music scene looks down on the contest even though our 2011 entry, Lipstick was the biggest selling song in Ireland in 2011. My ideal picks would be Gavin James, Picture This or Kodaline. All of them would gain so much from the exposure (it’s the biggest audience a singer can get)

As Latvian who lives in Ireland,for past 3 years I wanna Picture This to represent Ireland in Eurovison,speaking of Kodaline I don't that huge band will represent Ireland (Btw they almost represented Ireland in 2006)

MyHeartIsYours

Agree about Ireland should stick with internal selections, I don't see any point with NF's unless the broadcaster produces something which can really find a great entry or is a big show, like in Sweden. I see as much point in Late, Late Show or Eurosong selections as our own Eurovision: You Decide...

Sure you don't always get good songs or results with internal selections (this year was one of the few times I've not voted for Ireland), but I do think that for countries which struggle with artist interest in Eurovision, you do have a better chance of getting a less known artist who actually can bring a good entry (Ryan O'Shaughnessy) or a better known artist who can generate interest in Eurovision (Nicky Byrne).

Loindici

Veteran
Now that they confirmed... with chances they still stick with internal, I suppose they'll do an artist announcement first, perhaps, just to secure the artist? I sense they're trying to make a big announcement in 2019 but the 'big artist' unexpectedly cancelled the offer near announcement day.

FRFanESC

I don't know why but I was so hyped by the Niall Horan rumor, I really felt like he was going to participate, it'd be so cool if it happened.

ESC94

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but from the seven winning titles from Ireland I only like the two songs of Johnny Logan, especially the four winners from the nineties were very overrated and undeserved, "The Voice" from 1996 in particular. :?

And since the start of televoting they have almost completely lost their compass, the only entry I liked a bit during that time was "Lipstick", afterwards nothing was really good or interesting to me.

anto475

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but from the seven winning titles from Ireland I only like the two songs of Johnny Logan, especially the four winners from the nineties were very overrated and undeserved, "The Voice" from 1996 in particular. :?

And since the start of televoting they have almost completely lost their compass, the only entry I liked a bit during that time was "Lipstick", afterwards nothing was really good or interesting to me.

I want to block you but in real life

Top Bottom