• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ireland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrm

Veteran
It deserved to quality at least :(

But our dear "Hour of Wolves" xlove xheart was 10th in that semi, so if she qualified, our Elnur Huseynov wouldn't! :eek:

maybe it should instead of:
Cyprus - John Karayiannis "One Thing I Should Have Done"
Lithuania - Monika Linkytė & Vaidas Baumila - "This Time"
Poland - Monika Kuszyńska - "In the Name of Love"

But I loved Poland too! xlove xheart

Mrm

Veteran
Andf yes i forgot my dear Switzerland - Mélanie René - "Time to Shine"!! xcry1 She would be my first choice to qualify..

Citelis

Melanie Rene was amazing too. And can you believe she came dead last with almost no points? :(
Anyway i will never forgive to televoting what they did to Molly Sterling in 2015.

ESC94

Sorry, but for me:ie: 2015 really deserved to flop, in my opinion it was basically the perfect definition of a boring ballad. xboring

Preuss

But our dear "Hour of Wolves" xlove xheart was 10th in that semi, so if she qualified, our Elnur Huseynov wouldn't! :eek:

maybe it should instead of:
Cyprus - John Karayiannis "One Thing I Should Have Done"
Lithuania - Monika Linkytė & Vaidas Baumila - "This Time"
Poland - Monika Kuszyńska - "In the Name of Love"

But I loved Poland too! xlove xheart

Yes, true, I wouldn't want that to happen :(
Azerbaijan 2015 is still an amazing song even though the staging was kinda bland idk :?

Mrm

Veteran
Yes, true, I wouldn't want that to happen :(
Azerbaijan 2015 is still an amazing song even though the staging was kinda bland idk :?

I didn't have problem with staging, I loved it.. :)

I had a problem with Dilara kazimova live, a HUGE PROBLEM, everything, from vocal, via dress, to staging was bad! :(

Preuss

I didn't have problem with staging, I loved it.. :)

I had a problem with Dilara kazimova live, a HUGE PROBLEM, everything, from vocal, via dress, to staging was bad! :(

Dilara's dress was beautiful, but I don't understand why they cut the light on her dress that we could see in the rehearsals during the actual live performances. It was beautiful when the dress lighted up and her hair was much better during the rehearsals. Perhaps they could've made the styling more like the video with the beautiful red lipstick and her darker hair and dress. It was beautiful xlove

Mrm

Veteran
Dilara's dress was beautiful, but I don't understand why they cut the light on her dress that we could see in the rehearsals during the actual live performances. It was beautiful when the dress lighted up and her hair was much better during the rehearsals. Perhaps they could've made the styling more like the video with the beautiful red lipstick and her darker hair and dress. It was beautiful xlove

I didn't like it.. :(

But the main problem was vocal...it was literally terrible, no wonder jury butchered it..

I adore studio version, but live voice was totally different on stage, like another singer, who can't sing.. :?
I was shocked..

It is probably the biggest disappointment in ESC for me, when it comes to "studio - live" delivery..

It went from my pre contest number one to my after contest number 11/12..

Mrm

Veteran
The only thing I have to admit is, that composition was really hard to sing, so I was worried a bit before contest..it seems rightfully.. :(

Preuss

I didn't like it.. :(

But the main problem was vocal...it was literally terrible, no wonder jury butchered it..

I adore studio version, but live voice was totally different on stage, like another singer, who can't sing.. :?
I was shocked..

It is probably the biggest disappointment in ESC for me, when it comes to "studio - live" delivery..

It went from my pre contest number one to my after contest number 11/12..

Yeah back in 2014 I was really shocked when I watched the performance during the semi-final, it was so different. It sounded better in the rehearsals - and looked better because they changed some stuff which I didn't prefer.

Didn't she come like 8th in the juryvote though? The song could've killed it if it was better performed, I agree. It could've done really well. "Start A Fire" remains one of my favorite Eurovision songs all time though xlove

Preuss

The only thing I have to admit is, that composition was really hard to sing, so I was worried a bit before contest..it seems rightfully.. :(

Yes, it's a very hard song to sing. I still think it sounded great during rehearsals.

Mrm

Veteran
Oh yeah [MENTION=14659]Preuss[/MENTION], it sounded better, I haven't checked rehearsal..smth happened in the semi...it didn't improve in the final, and results reflects it...

You were in Arena that year?

Preuss

Oh yeah [MENTION=14659]Preuss[/MENTION], it sounded better, I haven't checked rehearsal..smth happened in the semi...it didn't improve in the final, and results reflects it...

You were in Arena that year?

It sounded and looked better. I wasn’t in the arena, I’ve just «stalked» everything about this entry :p

Loindici

Veteran
RTÉ not giving any progress worries me. I'm suspicious as whether we'll get another jumpscare near March, which made my expectation even lower for getting Dublin 2021.

Mainshow

Veteran
Niall Horan is about to release his sophomore album... Make Dublin 2021 happen, pls! or even Belfast 2021 after Ireland's reunification next year xheart

ESC94

I don´t know why, but I doubt that Niall Horan would do well. In general you can say that all solo careers of One Direction a bombing pretty hard right now.

Mainshow

Veteran
I don´t know why, but I doubt that Niall Horan would do well. In general you can say that all solo careers of One Direction a bombing pretty hard right now.

I actually don't know what you're talking about.

Niall Horan is about to tour with Lewis Capaldi. Niall's album topped the charts in the US and Ireland and got multiple certifications.
His latest single might not be a monster hit but it made chart appearances all around the world as well.

Liam Payne just released his debut album last week and he somehow already has a few hits. His debut album is crap, though and utter trash but it's not like he's not successful.

ZAYN's Pillowtalk was one of the biggest hits of 2016 and reached multiple Platinum certifications in several counties. His debut album is one of my favourite records by a male singer, tbh. However, he has turned to be an alternative artist with a lot of anxiety issues which prevents him from performing and promoting his music. I think that's part of why it's been rather silent around him (whilst still releasing new songs now and then).

Harry Style hasn't released a pop/mainstream song since One Direction. He has gone fully alternative/indie rock and that's why it's difficult to compare it to their 1D stuff. He is getting raving reviews lately (also in German-speaking papers.. Just Google it). He's heavily critically acclaimed and that can be seen as a huge success as well. + He got a #1 single and his latest lead single was a success as well (especially Australia, UK, Ireland and even Sweden).

I don't know much about Louis because I don't care about him, tbh.

What I am trying to say: all members of One Direction have grown up and gone into an entirely different directions and if you ask me, they are still successful in their departments. Of course, there's no One Direction maniac going on but being able to live off your career, getting several hits and great reviews and going on a co-headlined tour with one of the biggest UK acts right now is faaaaaar away from "bonbing pretty hard right now". All former Eurovision winners of the last two decades could be happy to have Niall Horan/Harry Style/Liam Payne's kinda success/careers.

Niall Horan could win the whole thing with the right song. His music isn't too far away from "traditional Irish pop music", he's charming and vocally impressive. Personally, I think that - in the end - he surprisingly turned out to be the 1D with the most mass appeal. If he had submitted one of his Flicker tracks to Eurovision, a Top 15 result for Ireland would have been on lock.

ESC94

I actually don't know what you're talking about.

Niall Horan is about to tour with Lewis Capaldi. Niall's album topped the charts in the US and Ireland and got multiple certifications.
His latest single might not be a monster hit but it made chart appearances all around the world as well.

Liam Payne just released his debut album last week and he somehow already has a few hits. His debut album is crap, though and utter trash but it's not like he's not successful.

ZAYN's Pillowtalk was one of the biggest hits of 2016 and reached multiple Platinum certifications in several counties. His debut album is one of my favourite records by a male singer, tbh. However, he has turned to be an alternative artist with a lot of anxiety issues which prevents him from performing and promoting his music. I think that's part of why it's been rather silent around him (whilst still releasing new songs now and then).

Harry Style hasn't released a pop/mainstream song since One Direction. He has gone fully alternative/indie rock and that's why it's difficult to compare it to their 1D stuff. He is getting raving reviews lately (also in German-speaking papers.. Just Google it). He's heavily critically acclaimed and that can be seen as a huge success as well. + He got a #1 single and his latest lead single was a success as well (especially Australia, UK, Ireland and even Sweden).

I don't know much about Louis because I don't care about him, tbh.

What I am trying to say: all members of One Direction have grown up and gone into an entirely different directions and if you ask me, they are still successful in their departments. Of course, there's no One Direction maniac going on but being able to live off your career, getting several hits and great reviews and going on a co-headlined tour with one of the biggest UK acts right now is faaaaaar away from "bonbing pretty hard right now". All former Eurovision winners of the last two decades could be happy to have Niall Horan/Harry Style/Liam Payne's kinda success/careers.

Niall Horan could win the whole thing with the right song. His music isn't too far away from "traditional Irish pop music", he's charming and vocally impressive. Personally, I think that - in the end - he surprisingly turned out to be the 1D with the most mass appeal. If he had submitted one of his Flicker tracks to Eurovision, a Top 15 result for Ireland would have been on lock.

Well, I had mostly Liam and Zayn in my mind for some reason, and I know hat Zayns second album wasn´t that successful, reaching only #77 in the UK charts, and Liams debut album was nearly universally panned from critics and only reached position #17.

Maybe my perspective is a bit too "German" on this, since One Direction were never as successful here in :de: as in the :us: or the :uk:. If Niall wants to participate than he can do it, maybe I will like his song, maybe not.

Loindici

Veteran

Hey, Niall got a stage appearence at EMA's this year. That's something remarkable. Niall aged like a fine wine, and his charisma is also undoubtable. Pair that with a good song, and a good presentation, it's a potential success for Ireland.

Doesn't mean he couldn't do Eurovision, but if RTE ever thought of having Niall representing the country, they really need a well-planned direction as well. Some of their latest plans are pretty half-baked, to say the least.

LeRoyaumeUni

Niall Horan will be on tour in Las Vegas on the night of the Eurovision final, so it's not him. Plus he doesn't need Eurovision when he has a very successful career atm

44673629d1a3fc0750d9ef05b0dbf82a.jpg

Top Bottom