2 1.7%

6 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ireland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

anto475

RTÉ is currently running a massive massive loss. I really hope this doesn't affect our participation but if we withdraw I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Citelis

Please don't! :( I wouldn't care for other countries that much but Ireland is still my favorite country in ESC.

shameless

This may be a very unpopular opinion, but from the seven winning titles from Ireland I only like the two songs of Johnny Logan, especially the four winners from the nineties were very overrated and undeserved, "The Voice" from 1996 in particular. :?

And since the start of televoting they have almost completely lost their compass, the only entry I liked a bit during that time was "Lipstick", afterwards nothing was really good or interesting to me.
I don't think its that much of an unpopular opinion. I read very often how people are not so found of their mid 90s domination. Its definitely marking a low in the lack of interest and relevance of the ESC and its quite telling how their success ended right with the introduction of telly vote. I really wish them some success but all of their recent attempts have been so bland. It would really be a shame if they would withdrew. Another ESC legend gone after Luxembourg which withdrew for very different reasons though.

Sammy

Veteran
Probably she also has roots in Atlantis and Middle-earth!! :lol:
Oh please open a thread for them where people can explain to us why Atlantis and Middle Earth are at least partly Europe and that after all they don't have to be european because ISRAEL and AUSTALIA and that it's unfair that they are excluded and double standard but then they are not recognized by so many countries and not even in the Council of Europe and their TV channels are only associate but so is AUSTRALIA and..... xrofl3

tuorem

[MENTION=16784]ESC94[/MENTION] [MENTION=13155]Sammy[/MENTION] Ok, this is the last post I dedicate to this girl, because I think she got too much attention already, but what I saw was too funny not to be mentioned.

Have you seen her twitter? I just checked it out of curiosity and someone made fun of her with a fake DNA test diagram where she has 2% of every Eurovision nation, plus the US. :lol: She tweeted it herself but she wasn't amused :lol:

HhMEftY.jpg

9y4bsXJ.jpg

Honey you brought it on yourself! I can't with her! :lol: Next case please.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
giphy.gif

:lol: that is legit great. Bless her getting so stressed over it. What did she think would happen when she's moving herself around Europe? xrollinglol

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
First it was interesting, then it was funny, now it's getting a little sad :lol:

ESC94

[MENTION=16784]ESC94[/MENTION] [MENTION=13155]Sammy[/MENTION] Ok, this is the last post I dedicate to this girl, because I think she got too much attention already, but what I saw was too funny not to be mentioned.

Have you seen her twitter? I just checked it out of curiosity and someone made fun of her with a fake DNA test diagram where she has 2% of every Eurovision nation, plus the US. :lol: She tweeted it herself but she wasn't amused :lol:

HhMEftY.jpg

9y4bsXJ.jpg

Honey you brought it on yourself! I can't with her! :lol: Next case please.

OMG!! This is pure comedy gold!! xrofl3

anto475

I would very very happily have Aly Ryan represent us next year. It doesn't matter whether she's Irish or not, what matters is that she's great and could give us a real shot at the title.

Loindici

Veteran
Hey, aside of that, do you guys feel any possibility of RTE suddenly do a surprise announcement in November or December?

Preuss

I think Molly Sterling needs to return because "Playing With Numbers" was a really good song and entry in my opinion. Incredibly underrated! :(
I found it again in some of my older playlists on Spotify and it's now back on my main list xlove

Citelis

I think Molly Sterling needs to return because "Playing With Numbers" was a really good song and entry in my opinion. Incredibly underrated! :(
I found it again in some of my older playlists on Spotify and it's now back on my main list xlove

Underrated masterpiece!

Top Bottom