2 1.7%

6 5.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Ireland-scaled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

I do NOT mind the resemblance with Pink, Kate Perry etc.
I dont mind the resemblance to music popular 10 years ago
What I do mind is the unorginality of this, and the fact that this sounds like the song number 11 filler of some quite mediocre album...

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I commented earlier, but I had just woken up and getting ready for work x Now for full commentary.

I find this super fun and enjoyable, it feels like a total throwback to 00s with super hot Katy perry/Kelly Clarkson vibes that I love. This is a big improvement from RTEs stand point imo from the past few years. The problem for it with, is that it feels so totally out of place in 2020. If this was Eurovision 2008 or something then It would be a super strong entry, but it comes off dated. For me that isn't a problem when listening, as I love these throwback hits from my early 10s and teens. I'm not sure how far this can go in Eurovision 2020. Because I thoroughly enjoy it, and considering how basic af this year is, I'm giving it an 8 for now.

EscGeek

Veteran
@EscGeek

I'm glad for you, but also extremely sad you left "Georgia no1 of 2020" team.. xcry xcry xcry
I actually was between The Netherlands and Georgia the whole day..and I decided for Georgia cause I love this "druzina" here on escunited forum who have it as no1...and now you leave it!

giphy.gif
I was secretly hoping to crown :ge: as my winner for the 3rd time already, but those damn british isles won't let me. They did the same thing in 2015 when Nina Sublatti lost to Electro Velvet. :lol:

• Undo my Sad
Reactions: Mrm

Mrm

Veteran
I was secretly hoping to crown :ge: as my winner for the 3rd time already, but those damn british isles won't let me. They did the same thing in 2015 when Nina Sublatti lost to Electro Velvet. :lol:

xcry Okay, then my dream of sharing SMR represented by Super SenHIT, as no1 with you, @RainyWoods and few other dear persons becomes the main thing now..

Senhit2.jpg

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
if you wanna understand how bad this year is: this is currently 15th in my ranking. The last time they were in this position was in the 60s when there were 15 countries competing

JollityFarm

The gossip surrounding this made me think it might be something queer and exciting to ruffle feathers. Instead, I found myself thinking "...Miley Cyrus?" It sounds like Party in the USA to me. Of course, other people have mentioned Katy Perry, and real Katy Perry is apparently expecting a baby, so she'll probably be busy, and her fans might appreciate a substitute. I'm not a fan myself, though. I appreciate that the video features people who might be LGBTQ+, but it's not much compared to what I had been led to believe. That'll teach me to listen to gossip.

Mrm

Veteran
if you wanna understand how bad this year is: this is currently 15th in my ranking. The last time they were in this position was in the 60s when there were 15 countries competing

Sis don't worry, Super SenHIT is coming to save the year for you and all of us!!

A-1837221-1429517093-3946.jpeg.jpg

opinionsigotem

I still can't believe people bought into the hype surrounding this entry - it's RTE. ARE TEE EE. The broadcaster who thought SUNLIGHT was a world beater.

Hennyway, on its own merits this is absolutely a throwaway effort (Lesley has the affect of a kids TV presenter breaking into the music business) that is carbon dated with That Late 2000s Sound but whatever, harmless fun semi-fodder never hurt anyone.

Mrm

Veteran
You all forget that staging will do, that I forgot the name, theater.. :D

kamc

Taking out the atrocious staging and performance, I still think Heartbeat is the best song we sent since Lipstick. It was a great slice of Irish pop.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
11 years old me would have dug into this song right away. Flash forward a decade or so later and she would have started a random karaoke session the second it popped into her yt recommandations.
But I discover it now, so the nostalgia isn't working the same way. Still, I'm weak for this, so a 7 it is.
I already know it will be a grower, this song is basically a mashup of Avril Lavigne, Katy Perry & P!nk, and I loved their late 00's days.

hijirio

Veteran
I actually like it. Makes me feel nostalgic, and the music video is a thing i'm living for. 8 points from me.

yuya.rooo

It should be 100% my thing cause I was a child/teen during the early Katy Perry, Pink etc era. However, the nostalgic throwback doesn’t work for me at all. There is a reason why all of these artist have changed their styles. It doesn’t make me feel nostalgic, it just feels very outdated to me and very Hannah Montana/Victorious-ish. Which I loved back in the days but there’s a reason we left all of this behind. It’s not old enough to be retro cool but it’s not current enough to be considered modern. :2: points for effort

LastDreamer

Banned
I'm strongly dislike, when somebody use the word "outdated" for songs.
If song is good for Eurovision 2000, Eurovision 1980 or even Eurovision 1960 that song is good for Eurovision 2020 too.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I gave this two kind points. One point for not being the song by that rumoured band with the indie girl in her kitchen vocals that terrified some of us a couple of weeks ago. The other point for Ireland finally providing LastDreamer with a song to support this year, although I fear his dreams will be cruelly dashed this May when Lesley takes to the stage with five bearded drag queens of various shapes and sizes.

It's the first song of this year I hate :( Norway and Australia just by a smidgen avoid being in that category. Russia might have a chance of saving Ireland from my very bottom though. I just dislike everything about Story Of My Life. Plain and dry as an unbuttered cracker whilst also being annoying in a somehow blandly obnoxious way. I Am Gay at least was funny. This isn't. The only thing funny here is probably my pissed off brows that take shape as I endure the three minutes of this song to write my scathing mini review. The Kelly Clarkson comparisons are sacrilege. Pink's music has personality. Katy Perry, I don't know her. Avril Lavigne? Sounds about right.

2 points.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
I didn't comment properly about it until now (bc I just had time!11)

It's basically a filler song from victorious. it's not the usual bombs they send (thankfully) but it lacks, well, everything else?

this sounds way too bland to qualify at the moment, even with the nostalgia factor - but then again this would be a filler track on a kelly clarkson album.

:5: (it must be in my top 10 irish entries congrats)

ESC94

I gave this two kind points. One point for not being the song by that rumoured band with the indie girl in her kitchen vocals that terrified some of us a couple of weeks ago. The other point for Ireland finally providing LastDreamer with a song to support this year, although I fear his dreams will be cruelly dashed this May when Lesley takes to the stage with five bearded drag queens of various shapes and sizes.

It's the first song of this year I hate :( Norway and Australia just by a smidgen avoid being in that category. Russia might have a chance of saving Ireland from my very bottom though. I just dislike everything about Story Of My Life. Plain and dry as an unbuttered cracker whilst also being annoying in a somehow blandly obnoxious way. I Am Gay at least was funny. This isn't. The only thing funny here is probably my pissed off brows that take shape as I endure the three minutes of this song to write my scathing mini review. The Kelly Clarkson comparisons are sacrilege. Pink's music has personality. Katy Perry, I don't know her. Avril Lavigne? Sounds about right.

2 points.

Thank you for making me laugh!! xrollinglol

Top Bottom