9 7.6%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
ie.png

anto475

Re: IRELAND 2019

I know it's a long shot, but my prediction for us for 2019 is:
  • A shock non-qualification and RTÉ promising to "re-examine our approach to the contest"
  • Someone in the RTÉ bubble with a failed/aged music career
  • A dreary and lethargic ballad sung with all the passion of a bowl of porridge
  • The Late Late Show and Marty Whelan hyping up the song and calling it "the best song we've sent in years" and calling it "modern and youthful"
  • Another shock non-qualification and RTÉ promising to "re-examine our approach to the contest"
    [*]Someone else in the RTÉ bubble with a failed/aged music career
    [*]Another dreary and lethargic ballad sung with all the passion of a bowl of porridge
    [*]Once again, The Late Late Show and Marty Whelan hyping up the song and calling it "the best song we've sent in years" and calling it "modern and youthful"
    [*]Someone else in the RTÉ bubble with a failed/aged music career

Sean

Admin
Staff member

It's gonna be a quiet but charming young lad with a guitar and/or ballad, isn't it?

Sabrewulf238

Was just listening to this (tbh I'm not sure I've ever listened to it in full) and it's making me want us to send another entry sung in Irish. I mean with the way things are going now, we don't have much to lose. (and everything to gain)

Someone in RTE needs to make some kind of inspired decision. Please.

Fluke

Why are some countries so afraid to send something different? Clearly the stuff you're doing ain't working, so why repeat it over and over?

doctormalisimo

Why are some countries so afraid to send something different? Clearly the stuff you're doing ain't working, so why repeat it over and over?

Because the people who make these decisions think you need to send something Eurovisiony to do well.

anto475

RTÉ lack creativity and inspiration across the board. We have five presenters across radio and TV that earn almost 2 million between them, and the orchestras are absolutely devoid of funds. The creative directors and directing team are so sure of their jobs that they threaten to sue at the slightest hint of being replaced. They culled some of the best TV shows when appointed during the financial crisis and replaced them with their own stuff because they wanted their own stuff to be just as popular. RTÉ is rotten to the core, so I don't expect anything bold or brave anytime soon.

anto475

The Lord Mayor of Dublin is a titular role and MEPs really have no sway here. As much as I'd like to see a protest withdrawal next year, it's not going to happen. Especially with FG in power, which is a shame.

Mii11

They're not gonna be missed in Jerusalem. Farawell! :lol:

However, it's interesting to see that one of the countries who claims to be a victim of political voting at Eurovision is bringing politics to a song contest.

A-lister

Veteran

Is there any chance Samantha Mumba would enter finally? She has been rumored more than once in the past, and I think she even wanted to go but knowing RTÉ they are stuck with dated bland ballads, preferably sung by some young male act. Now I dunno how her live vocal abilities are actually, but I think they should be fine if I remember correctly. I could see her with some midtempo Soul-Pop track, sort of like a female version of Austria 2018.

Ezio

Veteran

I am now a lover of Ireland. This country is not beautiful, it is beyond beautiful, mesmerizing, soul soothing. Dublin is so cool, the Irish are friendly and upbeat. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for a great entry in 2019.

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Now that I live in IE, let me write some open letters to RTE concerning ESC real quickT.

elanyvx

Alessia Macari born in Ireland, sings in Italy in the program "Your Face Sounds Familiar" the song of Sia! She is to be taken into consideration!

Top Bottom