19 12.4%

17 11.1%

12 7.8%

8 5.2%

18 11.8%

• Total voters

theditz83

Veteran
Cute performance and staging saw this through. I still think the song is too watery (a bit like UK this year) but the whole package was what elevated this. It was a toss-up between this and Austria for my #10 spot for tonight and Austria just edged this with the better song ;)

Amethystos

Didn't like the song or the show, but a huge "RESPECT" to Irish people for still watching ESC after all these years of failures.

Ireland deserved a qualification as a prize for not quitting the contest.

Mii11

Didn't like the song or the show, but a huge "RESPECT" to Irish people for still watching ESC after all these years of failures.

What about :ch: and :mk: then? :lol:

0scar

Never forget the Great Dutch Depression of not qualifying for nine years straight for :nl: xwhistle

Kevan1994

Staging can make or break a song. And this staging helped create an atmosphere that allowed the song to shine.

anto475

I guess it really was the staging that did it for us. I'm still in shock. Greece and Armenia really deserved to qualify over this. Insane.

Mrm

Veteran
I guess it really was the staging that did it for us. I'm still in shock. Greece and Armenia really deserved to qualify over this. Insane.

I only liked snow on the stage...

mercachita

I'm really happy for Ireland and principally for Ryan because he is so sweet and so lovable.

Irish people you should be proud xlove

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
ireland is a clear example of staging doing well. it even made the song get out of my bottom three!!!!!!!

and out of the last three eurovision ballads this one was the one i disliked the least. congrats y'all

lacrymea

Eurofans have to consider casual viewers/voters. My mom called me after the show. Her favorite song was Ireland. (She'd never heard any of the songs before)

She didn't talk about the staging or whatever. She actually liked the song and the singer's voice and that was it for her.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Ireland I believe passed because of the "gimmick" (I wish I didn't have to call it as such but in this current climate it is). The audience and their wild screams as the two men appear on the bridge confirm that there are other powers at play besides the actual music, because Christ, the song is..... well, I don't even know what the song is. It's just there. At the very least I don't feel offended by it, and i'm happy to see Ireland back in the final, but it's annoying that it's at the expense of more deserving songs, cause that's what it should be about, the songs.

I have to disagree here. This song totally won me over. Not tonight, and not with the staging. I had just been sleeping on it. The staging is great (and that is part of the package), but the song was catchy and melodic and I believe it DID deserve it's place in the final on merit. I think the "gimmick" of 2 guys dancing probably hurt it as much as it helped.

Chorizo

I think it was quite charming.

hawadharma

Congratulations :ie: for qualifying to the finals!

digitaldude

This is a big surprise coming from such a tough semi, congrats on ending the drought.

mauve

Veteran
I liked the idea of the staging, but the dancers were to fast dancing for the song. And the song itself is still quite boring for me. :? Never thought it would qualify. Guess the staging saved it.

musicfan

But I don't remember liking any of the songs. The last Irish entry I liked a lot was probably In Your Eyes.

Citelis

Staging was really good! Interesting to see how it will finish in the final!

Top Bottom