13 8.7%

10 6.7%

11 7.4%

6 4.0%

22 14.8%

• Total voters

MyHeartIsYours

Re: IRELAND 2017 - Brendan Murray - Dying to try

You realise his odds have drifted substantially after the rehearsal? It looks like any small chance he had is gone.
Ireland was not going to win anyway lol. Apart from the hot favourites, you never know who will qualify from a semi. For instance, the bookies have Denmark and Netherlands as almost certs to qualify, I wouldn't be so sure for either of them, especially NL.

DanielLuis

Ireland was not going to win anyway lol. Apart from the hot favourites, you never know who will qualify from a semi. For instance, the bookies have Denmark and Netherlands as almost certs to qualify, I wouldn't be so sure for either of them, especially NL.

I think the Netherlands are certain. They're vocals together are just too good, the juries are going to love it.

ParadiseES

You realise his odds have drifted substantially after the rehearsal? It looks like any small chance he had is gone.

I don't think his chances were that small (not big either) and I don't think there is absolutely no hope anymore either.

It's still a hot candidate for the jury vote (a big one considering this semi is not full of jury friendly songs). If the televoting is not a disaster, he can easily qualify.

ParadiseES

I think the Netherlands are certain. They're vocals together are just too good, the juries are going to love it.

But their song sucks big time. If the juries are going for any of them, Ireland is the obvious choice. OG3NE have really impressive vocals, but this year is full of great femenine voices and they can't all qualify.

DanielLuis

But their song sucks big time. If the juries are going for any of them, Ireland is the obvious choice. OG3NE have really impressive vocals, but this year is full of great femenine voices and they can't all qualify.

I much prefer the Dutch song to the Irish one, but that is obviously a matter of personal opinion. Plus, it seems Brendan still wasn't able to hit that big high note at the end of the performance today, from what I've read (I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not :lol:) That has the power to kill it's chances with the juries.

ParadiseES

I much prefer the Dutch song to the Irish one, but that is obviously a matter of personal opinion. Plus, it seems Brendan still wasn't able to hit that big high note at the end of the performance today, from what I've read (I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not :lol:) That has the power to kill it's chances with the juries.

Well, obviously :lol:

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

(I'm not watching rehearsals videos so I don't know if that appeared or not :lol:)

I'll put it in a spoiler in case you actively don't want to know here's some extra text so it doesn't show up in your notification

DanielLuis

I'll put it in a spoiler in case you actively don't want to know here's some extra text so it doesn't show up in your notification

Aw, how thoughtful of you :D But don't worry, I'm not seeing videos and stuff but I'm reading the reviews published by the blogs. I just wanna keep away the visuals til next week, if possible :D

JonnyWest

I never heard Brendan hitting that big note once actually... that's quite worrying

ZoboCamel

While this year does have a bunch of good female voices, I think the clustering of songs is actually worse for Ireland than it is for the Netherlands here. There isn't anything else quite like the Dutch entry in SF2, in that it's got female harmonies and those 90s country-soul elements to it. Meanwhile, Ireland comes up against Austria as a 'baby-faced young guy singing about trying your best with a sky motif' song, and against Bulgaria as a 'baby-faced young guy singing a traditional, emotional ballad' song - and I think it loses on both fronts.

When you also consider that Ireland's coming after a string of five performances that have all been pretty well-received so far... it doesn't look great for him. I think Brendan's only real qualification hope is that he a) nails every note perfectly, b) San Marino after him is entirely forgettable, and c) the Dutch and Danish songs both surprisingly flop.

Tjipptjopp

I was listening to all the songs for a few times without knowing singers or countries, and was absolutely stunned this song wasn't sung by a woman. ^^

Sammy

Veteran
Why is it that a woman who has a voice you wouldn't expect (i.e. deep register) is considered to have an interesting, seducing, cool etc. voice whereas when it's the other way round, the reactions are "weird, shrieking, annoying, unbearable". :confused:

anto475

Why is it that a woman who has a voice you wouldn't expect (i.e. deep register) is considered to have an interesting, seducing, cool etc. voice whereas when it's the other way round, the reactions are "weird, shrieking, annoying, unbearable". :confused:

Because Brendan's voice is weird, shrieking, annoying, and unbearable.

anto475

It is with a heavy heart that I must announce that RTÉ are going to have a "EuroSingSong 2017" on the Late Late Show tomorrow night. This is going to cause the sale of TVs across the country to go up as various things will be thrown at everyone's tellies.

Welli

Hi there. I just wanted to say, that I love this song! :D

Sadly, I have to admit, that those songs I like most have a tendency not to make it to the final. :( Anyway, I will vote for it in the semi.

Good luck! :)

MyHeartIsYours

Brendan has absolutely stormed the rehearsals, he sounds really good and the staging is very nice. I think the song also sounds better live as well.

Also just noticed what a nice speaking voice he has, didn't realise the Galway accent was so nice! :p

Milos-BC

Yet another really bland and forgettable entry from :ie: . Too bad, I think they have potential for so much more. Maybe the live performance blows me away but I honestly highly doubt that.

1 point.

doctormalisimo

Absolutely soulless. The song, the performer, the production, the performance, everything. Not one ounce of creativity or daring went into any aspect of this song tonight. They should have made the balloon fly, they should have made the backing singers like a choir, they should have made the key change more striking, anything.

Top Bottom