13 8.7%

10 6.7%

11 7.4%

6 4.0%

22 14.8%

• Total voters

VikingTiger

Re: IRELAND 2017 - Brendan Murray - Dying to try

What a big big disappointment. I wasn't sure that Brendan would be great live. But I just heard his performance in Telaviv... and that sounded pretty awful... I mean REALLY aweful... ear-hurting awful... Definitely memorable - but not in the right way...
There seems to have been sound-issues, but that cant be the whole explanation, I am afraid....
xcry1

https://youtu.be/ruQGg5hC46E

JonnyWest

What a big big disappointment. I wasn't sure that Brendan would be great live. But I just heard his performance in Telaviv... and that sounded pretty awful... I mean REALLY aweful... ear-hurting awful... Definitely memorable - but not in the right way...
There seems to have been sound-issues, but that cant be the whole explanation, I am afraid....
xcry1

https://youtu.be/ruQGg5hC46E

I was hopping he could reach the high note but gosh, he sounded like a little girl screaming

VikingTiger

I was hopping he could reach the high note but gosh, he sounded like a little girl screaming

He was ok in the first part. But trying to hit the high notes - he went off key, screaming like a cat having it's tail caught in a door - at the top of his voice. Painful to listen to... One of my favourites just dropped dead. xfacepalm

JonnyWest

Gosh I really wanted :ie: to qualify this year, they even got a good help from the producers in the draw :?

DanielLuis

Gosh I really wanted :ie: to qualify this year, they even got a good help from the producers in the draw :?

Did they though? I think this coming after Romania-Netherlands-Hungary-Denmark will feel like such a big drop in the atmosphere of the show. The song takes way too long to get going.

JonnyWest

Did they though? I think this coming after Romania-Netherlands-Hungary-Denmark will feel like such a big drop in the atmosphere of the show. The song takes way too long to get going.

Because he was the last in the 1st half and after him there's :sm: and :hr:

Mrm

Veteran

I still believe it can be all right in Kyiv! :)

DanielLuis

Because he was the last in the 1st half and after him there's :sm: and :hr:

That doesn't mean much though. What matters is the songs around it (and even though :sm: and :hr: after might favour :ie: that string of songs before doesn't help at all). Also, even though :hr: is pretty bad (in my opinion), it will be very memorable and I don't think Ireland will be able to stay in televoters' minds after that performance.
By the way, a lot of people think the break is between the 1st and 2nd half, but it isn't. It's after song #5 and song #13, at least it was last year. I don't know if this was what you thought, but a lot of people think that Portugal and Ireland are being favoured because they are on before a break, but they actually aren't.

JonnyWest

That doesn't mean much though. What matters is the songs around it (and even though :sm: and :hr: after might favour :ie: that string of songs before doesn't help at all). Also, even though :hr: is pretty bad (in my opinion), it will be very memorable and I don't think Ireland will be able to stay in televoters' minds after that performance.
By the way, a lot of people think the break is between the 1st and 2nd half, but it isn't. It's after song #5 and song #13, at least it was last year. I don't know if this was what you thought, but a lot of people think that Portugal and Ireland are being favoured because they are on before a break, but they actually aren't.

I already knew the breaks were after #5 and #13 ;) but still performing 9th is better than 2nd I guess

MyHeartIsYours

Apart from the big note which went off-key, I thought Brendan's performance in Israel was just fine - I think he will do well in Kyiv.

kayak

His voice is amazing ! :eek: !!!! TOP 10 for sure !

Ezio

Veteran

OMG, I can't stop laughing. I am literally squealing like a pig and getting dehydrated through my eyes xrofl3xrofl3xrofl3

I just watched a really, really stupid parody for Eurovision 2017 and I was like WTF am I watching here until "Trying to die" came up. It killed me so hard....

Kairit

This is so underrated. From the first listen I adored this song and the first seconds pulled me in instantly, at this point it's not quite in my top 10 but close. When a song gets to me or moves me, I just love it. And the stringy sounds, the production in general, the softness in this song, it all gets to me and I think it's a beautiful song. Granted, it's still a bit cheesy and the big chorus didn't do it for me at first even though I've grown to love it now... but none of it is boring to me and I really don't think it is as mediocre or downright awful as some people make it out to be. I feel like it might have enough impact emotionally, along with his voice and the power of the last third to sail through.

JonnyWest

It's a shame he doesn't hit the big notes, but I hope it still manages to qualify, absolutely love this song! xlove
Apparently they're going to have some promising staging and he's last to perform in the 1st half of the semi-final so fingers crossed!

Sammy

Veteran

I was quite impressed by this live performance. I didn't feel him missing the big notes, all in all I am pretty confident now that he has a very good chance to qualify.

ParadiseES

I really dislike all the background, the pictures and everything. Too baroque staging for a song that needs exactly the opposite. Ireland's style once again.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Brendan was amazing!!!

Go Ireland! :ie:

You realise his odds have drifted substantially after the rehearsal? It looks like any small chance he had is gone.

Top Bottom