27 7.0%

27 7.0%

101 26.2%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
@FallenAngel
99% of the time I agree with you but I just don't see where you saw the good vocals. The backup singers did a decent job covering them up. I mean you barely even heard them. At the end when they ran into the water fountain and stopped singing, the backup singers kept singing and it sounded no different. So I am not giving Jedward any credit when it comes to singing.

moop

jedward in stockholm ?? the lipstick ones yes, the waterline ones hell no.

doctormalisimo

Their singing last night was bizarre. They were singing in the lowest register they could, I guess to make it appear as if they were better singers than they actually are. Will email RTE begging them to not let Jedward back next year. Twice was more than enough.

FallenAngelII

@FallenAngel
99% of the time I agree with you but I just don't see where you saw the good vocals. The backup singers did a decent job covering them up. I mean you barely even heard them. At the end when they ran into the water fountain and stopped singing, the backup singers kept singing and it sounded no different. So I am not giving Jedward any credit when it comes to singing.
The key words here were "one of their best" and "relatively well". Compared to the rest of the artists, they were practically Top 10 when it came to vocals. Unless they've hired some sound-alike singers, it's very much them singing throughout most of the song.

I watched the contest in 5.1 surround sound and I'm re-watching a rip of the BBC feed now. When the boys dropped their microphones, you can hear an obvious difference in the vocals. It's not "no different" at all. Most notably, the volume drops by several decibels, which means that the mics of the backup singers was set much lower than those of the twins'.

So unless they get two sound-alike singers (who, somehow, wasn't used as sounda-like singers in the semi-final, seeing as how Jedward was noticably much worse there) and set their mics so that they'd be the same volume as Jedward's or louder for most of the song except for right at the end, that was Jedward we heard there. There were also quite a few bum notes strewn throughout the performance, so they'd also had to have gotten sub-par backup singers or deliberately have them flub many notes just to make it less obvious.

You know what's more important? If you really listen closely, you can actually hear how the backup singers sound. Their voices can be discerned especially during the first verse and they sound nothing like Jedward. Furthermore, they're quite blatantly singing in a lower register than Jedward, by an entire octave or more (I can't be bothered to check if they're singing the exact same notes, just an octave lower, or have their own little variation). It is literally impossible for the backup singers to have done what you claim they did.

No, that's Jedward.

Their singing last night was bizarre. They were singing in the lowest register they could, I guess to make it appear as if they were better singers than they actually are. Will email RTE begging them to not let Jedward back next year. Twice was more than enough.
What? Did you set your surround sound system improperly and had the backup singers' channel mixed too loudly? They sang the song the same way they also sing it (i.e. in the same register).

moop

its hard 2 sing when you jump around like u have an antfarm up your butt....just saying

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The key words here were "one of their best" and "relatively well". Compared to the rest of the artists, they were practically Top 10 when it came to vocals. Unless they've hired some sound-alike singers, it's very much them singing throughout most of the song.

I watched the contest in 5.1 surround sound and I'm re-watching a rip of the BBC feed now. When the boys dropped their microphones, you can hear an obvious difference in the vocals. It's not "no different" at all. Most notably, the volume drops by several decibels, which means that the mics of the backup singers was set much lower than those of the twins'.

So unless they get two sound-alike singers (who, somehow, wasn't used as sounda-like singers in the semi-final, seeing as how Jedward was noticably much worse there) and set their mics so that they'd be the same volume as Jedward's or louder for most of the song except for right at the end, that was Jedward we heard there. There were also quite a few bum notes strewn throughout the performance, so they'd also had to have gotten sub-par backup singers or deliberately have them flub many notes just to make it less obvious.

You know what's more important? If you really listen closely, you can actually hear how the backup singers sound. Their voices can be discerned especially during the first verse and they sound nothing like Jedward. Furthermore, they're quite blatantly singing in a lower register than Jedward, by an entire octave or more (I can't be bothered to check if they're singing the exact same notes, just an octave lower, or have their own little variation). It is literally impossible for the backup singers to have done what you claim they did.

No, that's Jedward.

What? Did you set your surround sound system improperly and had the backup singers' channel mixed too loudly? They sang the song the same way they also sing it (i.e. in the same register).

I just can't hear what you're talking about. Jedward was singing in such a low range so their vocals would drown in between that of the backup singers. And there is not that big of a difference in the vocals when they stopped singing. Just check the clip after 3:00, it's insignificant

I just can't appreciate a band that has no vocal skills whatsoever.

lippy98

They won't, they already explained in an interview twice is enough since they are twins, no matter how the outcome would be.
They will also be too busy since they will co-host X-factor UK and are to embark a worldtour to promote their CD which will be released in June, they will also return to Baku to do a concert.

Yamarus

They won't, they already explained in an interview twice is enough since they are twins, no matter how the outcome would bet

thank the gods!

Miguel

You people stop hating on them. They are so underrated. :lol: It would be nice seeing them in the contest for the 3rd time in a row. xrofl3

The result ain't good, but I was expecting it.

Terence

Oh come on, I wish that placing would mean no more Jedward. Admittedly, they were better this year IMO but got a worse placement. Maybe Europe is bored of them? I had them down as a top 5 finalist(s)!

moop

Oh come on, I wish that placing would mean no more Jedward. Admittedly, they were better this year IMO but got a worse placement. Maybe Europe is bored of them? I had them down as a top 5 finalist(s)!

oh come on lipstick is a far better song even i who couldent stand them this year love that song

lippy98

Jedward will be on tv in Ireland and UK with 4 different tv shows.

UK: Jedward's Weird Wild world + Jedward's Big Adventure + X-factor Extra
Ireland: OMG Jedward's Dream Factory

mistertambourineman

After the initial disappointment at not placing higher than last year, I believe Jedward will be happy enough with the result, taking their wider plans into account.
The ESC of 2011 and 2012 helped them to move way beyond the X Factor, and hugely lessened their dependence on the UK market, where their record sales have never been strong.
With a new album on the way, they will move on and capitalise on the incredible publicity generated by the two Eurovision appearances.
So, it's all good! :cool:

Top Bottom