18 5.1%

14 4.0%

23 6.6%

112 32.0%

• Total voters

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Jedward, who this year landed Ireland their best Eurovision finish in more than half a decade, have been offered a huge deal to appear in the new series of Celebrity Big Brother which would see each of the twins take home £500,000.

Celebrityy Big Brother was dropped last year by original broadcaster Channel 4, but will return this August on Channel 5- who hope to use the pair as a ratings puller. The offer of a £1 million contract would add to the estimated £3.5 million that Jedward made off of the back of their Eurovision entry “Lipstick” through endorsements, sponsorship, and sales- and would make them arguable one of the most profitable Eurovision entries ever.

The news comes after stories also circulated that Jedward have been offered a contract for “I’m A Celebrity … Get Me Out Of Here!” on ITV, and have been approached by the BBC to front their own show.

SOURCE

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Irish national broadcaster RTÉ made a good profit out of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest entry, independent.ie has revealed. According to the newpspaer, it cost €160,000 to send Jedward to Düsseldorf, including €49,628 spent on accomodation; economy flights costing €11,657; and production costs of €19,417.

This was offset by the large advertising revenue brought in by an increased interested in Eurovision on the Emerald Isle. Craig Farrell, managing director of leading media buying company Starcom, estimates that RTÉ made €172,000 from advertising over the seven hours of priogramming which Eurovision provdes. “RTÉ charged a premium for the Eurovision and were asking for €6,000 for a 30-second spot. This worked out at about €148k over the second semi-final and final from ad revenue.” He added: ”they also were able to sell advertising in the first semi-final, which didn’t feature Jedward, and this brought the total up to €172k”.

That leaves RTÉ with all ‘on-site’ costs covered and a tidy profit of €12,000, although doesn’t take into account the cost of holding the national final, or the participation fee (beleived to be between €65,000-€70,000. However, all in all it was a very suessful year for RTÉ and Eurovision in Ireland.

SOURCE

Woohoo

The Irish broadcaster was so lucky to have Jedward in Eurovision. I really hope they won't mess up next year's selection.

MyHeartIsYours

Jedward were on BBC Breakfast this morning!! :D :D
_54137722_jex_1111416_de27-1.jpg

MyHeartIsYours

Jedward say £1m is not enough for Celeb BB

1310750486-BB2011LARGE.jpg

Jedward415.jpg

"Just days after news came that Jedward had been confirmed for Celeb BB, The Metro have now reported that they have said no to appearing on the show because £1million is not enough, and they'd like more.

Louis Walsh had apparently confirmed the duo's appearance at the filming of ITV's The X Factor last week. The Duo became famous after auditioning for The X Factor and finished 6th on the show.

Jedward said that if they were to enter the house they would like The Queen, Tony Blair, Britney Spears and Lady Gaga to enter with them.

Endemol and Channel 5 are still to announce when the show is starting and who is entering."

http://www.bigbrother247.co.uk/1/po...-1m-is-not-enough-for-celeb-bb-apperance.html

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

Well they know they can push it you see because Channel 5 wants a really big launch for Big Brother and Jedward would give them the big ratings. I wouldnt be surprised if they've demanded £1 million each, as I think the previous amount was £1 million between them.

RunningScared

I think Jedward is a very good singer and they're very cute but I dont like too much Lipstick. Something like Bad Behaviour from Jedward could be better.

AYAN

i don't like lipstick so much,but their show was amazing)they can give a pozitive energy to audience))

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
edward will be getting their own show on RTE. the twins will be given their own 10 part series OMG! Jedward's Dream Factory . The show, to be broadcast later this year, will be an Irish version of Jim will fix it.

Synergise

For me, the best bit about the outfit are the panda shoes!
I've liked them so far in the house - it's pretty clear they're in their own little world.

Top Bottom