Contact us

iPhone 4g

No Name

We already have another topic about one of Apple's other most recent releases, the iPad.

Every time Apple releases anything it gets full attention from all gadget-fans across the world and I don't think Apple's latest creature is no exception. Apple just know how to promote their products. The iPhone 4g was released last friday in Denmark and caused a lot of media-coverage and people on the streets standing in lines hoping to be one of the first to buy one.

overview-camera-20100607.jpg

Beautiful it is. :mrgreen:

I'm planning to buy one myself very soon I but I'm feeling a bit insecure about the bug when holding the phone incorrectly. On the other hand, one of my friends got it a few days ago and had no problems with the phone at all. Several newspapers have claimed that only American iPhone-users are experiencing this problem. Anyone who can confirm this?

But if we look away from some of the criticism: Anyone planning to buy it? :p Or do any of you have it already (maybe some of the American users)?

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
I bought the Iphone 4 and got it the very first day and I love it.
The problem about the antenna is blown out of proportion by the media and I had no issues with dropped calls whatsover.

Plus that antenna issue only affects people with no case. And who doesn't use a case with their Iphone 4? So don't listen to the crazy media and just enjoy your phone. I am in love with mine.

No Name

Matt said:
I bought the Iphone 4 and got it the very first day and I love it.
The problem about the antenna is blown out of proportion by the media and I had no issues with dropped calls whatsover.

Plus that antenna issue only affects people with no case. And who doesn't use a case with their Iphone 4? So don't listen to the crazy media and just enjoy your phone. I am in love with mine.

Yay, that's good to hear, Matt! :D

I'm definitely gonna buy one sooner or later, but admittedly the media-attention on the problem with the antenna freaked me out a bit in the beginning. But I guess it will always be like that with Apple-products. Whenever there is a slight opportunity to create some fuss about an Apple-product the media will not make it better. And very often it's completely blown out of proportion like you say.

I have actually considered an android instead (either Samsung Galaxy or HTC Desire) just because of this antenna-problem but they are both completely out of consideration now. This will be my first iPhone, but I've had an iPod touch for some time now and I absolutely loved it since the beginning. :mrgreen:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
The android is really nice too but one of the main reasons I decided to stick to the Iphone (i've had it for years) is the apps. Nobody can beat apple at that...at least not right now.

ParadiseES

I don't get all the fuss over it :?

I'm happy with my normal mobile, as I need it just to call and receive calls, send and receive sms and maybe share some music, so I won't spend that fortune for an I-phone :D

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Lol, my Iphone, its my toy. I use it for everything. Talk on the phone, text messaging, Music, Email, ebooks, games, GPS, ...you name it.

No Name

Matt said:
The android is really nice too but one of the main reasons I decided to stick to the Iphone (i've had it for years) is the apps. Nobody can beat apple at that...at least not right now.

Oh yeah, the apps. Can't get enough of them. My iPod-touch is filled with them too. :mrgreen:

I predict that Google's android-marketplace and android marketplace will be a worthy competitor to Apple's iTunes in the future but as it looks right now no one can touch them.

Btw, about the fuss. People fuss over different things: I found it rather hard to understand all the fuss over the iPad which was released earlier this year. I really don't which purpose I should use it for in my everyday-life and therefore I would never spend money on it.

The iPhone however is something I can use everywhere for pretty much everything while I'm on the run, plus it fits in my pocket. :p

DominikS

You need to actually experience the iPhone before you say that! I don't even use my iPhone for calls and texts very much. I like to browse the internet (for free on contract), play great games, etc. It's also great when you're out and about and you need to know things about the area, you can check where the nearest restaurants are, train stations, etcetcetc.

And the touch screen is great... nothing compared to older touch screens!

But since my contract will end soon, I don't think I'll get an iPhone 4 (I have a 3GS atm). I think I'll get a HTC just for a change, and many people say that they're better :cool:

MyHeartIsYours

And what do you do Panos that is so amazing that you won't regret it when you're older?? :roll:

If people want to spend time on their phones then that is great - it's their life. Don't f*ckin talk down to people coz you don't like what they do. :evil:

Salmon

C'mon, I don't need an iPhone and I'm happy. So whether you buy it or not, is your choice. But I'm definitely NOT going to waste money just to get a "SHIFT" app. I can play it on the web, and it's much better there :mrgreen:

Top Bottom