Contact us

IMPORTANT: We are moving to a new forum!!!

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
UPDATE: We are migrating tonight starting at 1 AM CET. The forum will be down for up to 12 hours (hopefully less), please bear with us while we update everything as fast as we can.

Once again, I want to thank everyone who was willing to contribute to our effort raising funds for the future of the escunited forum. As you all know, we are having a bunch of issues and a lot of people are still unable to log into the forum. The truth is, the vbulletin 4 that we are on is reaching its end-of-life moment as it's no longer really compatible with the latest php.

We reviewed several of our options and let me say this, vbulletin 5 SUCKS. It's terrible, just terrible and inferior to what we have right now and unstable. So after much review and discussion, we decided to move to a complete new forum software which, in my view, is a whole lot better and I have no doubt in my mind that you are going to like it as well. The software is called XenForo and it's basically living up to the potential that vbulletin could have had.

Due to issues that we are currently experiencing, we have to move quickly as so may people cannot log into the forum which is a big problem as you can imagine. So we will most likely migrate to the new forum within the next few days. There are two things I need to point out.

1. The Migration process may take up to 12 hours. We will start the process after midnight so that the impact will be minimal and it will be communication on Twitter and Facebook. I can't give an exact date but it will be rather soon, most likely within the next few days. I will post in here as soon as I have an exact time.

2. The new forum will NOT be complete. We will have a slightly more basic version of what he have now, cosmetically speaking. But I am working with Trece and my tech team to add things over the next few days. You will be able to post, it will look nice and all. But some of the add-ons (like button, chatbox etc.), may not be there immediately. But I will have a thread in the feedback forum where you can post things that are missing or aren't quite right. The plan is to only add stuff, not to take any features away.

I will keep you updated but I appreciate your support and patience, I'm working as fast as I can on this.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
​I already have another update (this is moving fast). We will move TONIGHT.

My apologies for the short notice, but it's all falling into place and with so many users unable to be part of the community we will have to do this as quickly as possible.

We will start the migration at 1 AM CET (Jan 6th). That means the forum will be down starting at that time. While this could take up to 12 hours, we hope to be done with it by the time you wake up tomorrow. But just so you have an ETA, the forum should be back up by 1 PM CET tomorrow. So don't freak out if you can't get into the forum.

Reminder: The forum will NOT look exactly the same immediately but it will have similar feel to it and we will tweak everything over the next few days as well. Any questions, suggestions should be posted here https://www.escunited.com/forum/threads/19519-New-Forum-Discussion-thread

Top Bottom