Contact us

Ideas of postcards

Rayman

Over the years, in almost each edition of the contest, we are accustomed to watch beautiful videoclips called postcards before each performance. Sometimes, it was the presentation of cultural aspects of the host countries (for example Ireland in the 90's or Azerbaidjan 2012), or the introduction of the artists in their home countries.

I pretty liked the postcards in Copenhagen thanks to the creativity of the countries to represent their flags.
And what are your ideas of postcards ?

I have three ideas:
1)In each video clip, we can see the past participants (available at the moment) of the country gathering together in order to take a "family photo". The participant(s) of the current edition is holding the national flag in front of all of them. They can be taken in front of a symbolic building of the country.
2)In each postcard, the participants are represented as cartoon characters, each one has its own style of drawing thanks to various artists from the European animation market.
3)In each postcard, the country is represented as "the country of +name of a quality or qualification". For example, Portugal can be the country of hospitality, the United Kingdom the country of royalty, France the country of love or Greece the country of philosophy. And in each video clip, each participant acts in a funny or beautiful way to make this assertion true.

tuorem

[MENTION=13946]Rayman[/MENTION] I like your ideas. The 2nd one would have to fit a rather daring and crazy theme from the host country I'd say, yet it'd be interesting. As to the 3rd one, I'm sure Azerbaijan would be qualified as "land of everything". :mrgreen:

As I am so in love with European languages, I'd suggest that the postcards show each artist about to perform read a poem (from a national poet) in their own language. The places they'll shoot each postcard would be in line with what the poem is about.

greece

Well I think show some places of each country is the best idea, which is something that was tried at 2013 but not complitely. And I liked and what tuorem said about the languages but in a way like it was in 2011, though "Building Bridges" will probably sound odd in some languages

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
How about a clip showing the person walking across one of the most famous bridges in their country? Like in the UK the singer would be walking across Tower Bridge. Then they would be stood in the middle of it with the national flag surrounded by friends and family, holding up traffic. Then they would quickly run off the bridge to avoid being ran over by the enraged white van man.

r3gg13

How about a clip showing the person walking across one of the most famous bridges in their country? Like in the UK the singer would be walking across Tower Bridge. Then they would be stood in the middle of it with the national flag surrounded by friends and family, holding up traffic. Then they would quickly run off the bridge to avoid being ran over by the enraged white van man.

If I were part of the EBU delegation responsible for ESC, I would hire you in a heartbeat.

Too bad, I'm not. So, here, take my like instead.

I really think that this is a fitting concept for the whole building bridges theme. If they end up doing something like this, call them up and say it was your idea :lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
If I were part of the EBU delegation responsible for ESC, I would hire you in a heartbeat.

Too bad, I'm not. So, here, take my like instead.

I really think that this is a fitting concept for the whole building bridges theme. If they end up doing something like this, call them up and say it was your idea :lol:

Well ORF have been begging me to join their delegation for ESC for months now. But I keep saying no. If they use my idea then I will sue them for theft.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

BernadetteCydonia

Well that's one hell of a bump but some were roaming in my head for quite a while.

Picture this - the artist of the song gets to make his/her/their song title sound literal. Like, if the song title is "Love", the artist(s) must portray love. At the end of it, a 'snapshot' ends up being taken with the song's title written as a caption.

I'd surely be up for this to make everyone see how important are the song titles :D

ESC94

My idea would be that the contestants cook a famous dish from their country, for example :be: could make fries or :pl: bigos. Would be an interesting idea.

dixenborg

I had a thought about this a while ago. My idea is to combine sites in the participating country and the host country.

So say Eurovision was in Glasgow next year. The Austrian postcard could show the artist in the streets of Salzburg with references to the festival and the castle. Then they turn a corner and find themselves in Edinburgh but with the same references.

Iceland could be walking around Reykjavík and again they turn a corner to walk down to the sea but find themselves in Lerwick in Shetland.

Switzerland could be somewhere in the Alps on a train and they get off and find themselves in the Highlands of Scotland.

Spain could walk around an art museum in Madrid and open a door and find themselves in the Scottish National Portrait Gallery.

With clever editing it could be almost seamless.

0scar

I feel really but I mean really annoyed that the idea for the 2020 postcards never got the chance to SHINE
They were to invite the contestant to different kind of groups in the Netherlands - like student associations, book clubs, sporting clubs, family events, like that kind of things - to be part of it ((((the clubs were opening up to the contestants you get it))))

Top Bottom