8 6.5%

5 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
As I understand, in semis they all sing in Icelandic and in the final, they can choose the language :unsure:

Yeah, it has been like that for years now (I believe). Unfortunately, most artists switch to English in the final.

i anixi

What's the breed of that lovely sweet dog belonging to the older lady who sang last, anyone? I'm sure it was amply mentioned but as I don't get icelandish I was at a loss... A terrier, for sure I guess, but which of them?

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Usually Söngvakeppnin ends up as one of my favorite NF of the season but this year I'm quite disappointed, everything is so... underwhelming ? They're not offending in any way, they just don't offer anything much interesting.
The only song I can truly root for would be Diljá's. It's full of classic Nordic pop vibes and isn't original either, but it is quite anthemic. The English version isn't less powerful for once, but for the sake of it I would like her to keep it in Icelandic.

I bims

Veteran
My favourite didn't make it :(
But I can't be too mad, because they brought back Celebs. I've rewatched their live performance SO MANY TIMES, it's so entertaining.

Semra

What on earth happend to Kristin's staging? Everything wrong with that performance, my second favorite before this disaster That dress and a silly, little guitar??? Vocals were so bad, I'm sad about the whole thing. It just couldn't go through. The duet with Siljar - my absolute favorite - was good. Even more sad that one didn't make it. I loved it!

I have no songs left that I like...

MopManMoss

Veteran
Attention Celeb fans, the group that provided us with a wonderous trainwreck performance of doomsday dancing are the wildcard for Iceland's grand final. Let's hope they somehow get a lot better for then

ollibox

PLEASE someone tell me there will be one more Wild Card? It would be logical, wouldn't it? If the 1st semi had one, maybe the 2nd one has too?
Because this makes no sense that Silja Rós & Kjalar was left out :eek:

mauve

Veteran
No matter who will be chosen, the act won't be in my top 10 unfortunately. My faves were killed, yes, Celebs is sort of fun, but only middle of the road. Oh Iceland. :(

Top Bottom