I found places that I never explored
You're so fascinating
And I can't remember the last time I was bored
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had had your love
I didn't become myself before I met you
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had felt your love
Everything about you I like

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow (Finds a new way to grow)
The time we spent together
Hmm, feels good

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow
The time we spent together
Hmm, simply feels good
We got a good thing going​

Last edited by a moderator:

Preuss

Oh yeah true, the diaspora is strong whenever they send a great entry so probably

tararaaam

I am not so sure diaspora can do it. My feeling is that DK will vote for Iceland and Italy (for obvious reasons)

Milos-BC

Amazing performance, even better than I expected. :is: definitely has the chance to win the whole thing. They're not the first favorites, but they have a chance.

I voted for them as well last night and will do so tomorrow as well.

eurovizian

I like this, but not sure if people from outside Northern Europe will get the very Icelandic humour (and love and care put into every little detail). Silvia Night, anyone?

Synergise

I like this, but not sure if people from outside Northern Europe will get the very Icelandic humour (and love and care put into every little detail). Silvia Night, anyone?
I get the general point that it might be a bit too much of a Northern European taste, but comparing this to Silvia Night is a bit of an odd choice :ROFLMAO:

I do have similar concerns, but then you look at Norway 2019 winning the televote, and if anything, I think that's a better comparison, except I would expect Iceland 2021 to get a lot more jury support. I don't know whether it's enough to win, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

A-lister

Veteran
I get the general point that it might be a bit too much of a Northern European taste, but comparing this to Silvia Night is a bit of an odd choice :ROFLMAO:

I do have similar concerns, but then you look at Norway 2019 winning the televote, and if anything, I think that's a better comparison, except I would expect Iceland 2021 to get a lot more jury support. I don't know whether it's enough to win, but I wouldn't rule it out yet.

I don't see the comparison with Norway 2019 if we talk humor, that was fun and nostalgic, but not "humoristic".

Anyways, this "hipster humor" Iceland is bringing can rub some the wrong way...

eurovizian

Indeed, some people may not get that Iceland 2021 is supposed to be "silly", and even if they do they hate it (which is fine, of course). Europe and Eurovision is very diverse.

eurovizian

I see your point. It could be argued that the song, compared to last year's entry, lacks a bit of heart and feels slightly "cheaper" as a result.

FilipFromSweden

Honestly, I haven't got a clue what they could've done better in a live performance except for maybe swing their butts a little more, the recorded rehersal one is amazing

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Eh, it's just a group of 6 friends doing the same wacky shit they normally do at home. No need to overthink it. It's authentic and that's why it works.

musicfan

The thing that keeps me from loving this all the way and having it as my favourite is that it seems overly calculated to me, the hype around it seems rather made up, it tries to be better than it really is just because it’s “self aware”. No idea what I am even talking about, I just know that it just doesn’t completely sit with me. And I usually don’t care if an entry is too calculated and such. 🤷🏻
It doesn't need the posing because the song itself is good. The song they had last year got the hype and yet it wasn't that good. This is much better. Most of the stage performance is ok really, but the posing at the end does make it look like it's just a novelty song.

Some songs use a load of extra stuff on stage and end up doing well, like Toy when it won [bad bad winner], maybe the Russian song this year. But it never makes a song better, it just gets more votes.

bstream

My personal number 1 and one of the few times I have ever voted in a forum poll. A fantastic semi-final rehearsal performance that carried them through to a top 4 result. This kind of feel-good, true-to-themselves kind of music is what keeps me watching Eurovision every year.

Great showing, Daði og Gagnamagnið, and this is further proof that countries with shaky track-records can pull off miracles, especially with a quirky, indie-sounding track.

NeoTen

It comes over a nerdy, but Daði's vocal range was really good. You do wonder how good they'd score if they were there? They just lost 1st place to Finland on 2 points in the televote in the semi.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
after which Iceland place 3rd at best, 6th at worst in the grand finale, their best result since Yohanna.

I'll be back for this post in May 2021, where at least 21% of this post will be proven true. and I WILL be smug(ger. than usual.) about it.
Fucking spot on!

Too bad literally every other prediction I made ended up untrue. :lol:

Top Bottom