I found places that I never explored
You're so fascinating
And I can't remember the last time I was bored
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had had your love
I didn't become myself before I met you
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had felt your love
Everything about you I like

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow (Finds a new way to grow)
The time we spent together
Hmm, feels good

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow
The time we spent together
Hmm, simply feels good
We got a good thing going​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

Not really a fan of this tbh, I also wasn't a major fan of last year's entry (although it was quite fine) and didn't really get the overrated praise it received (sure the video was pretty entertaining but it's not a video contest), with that said I still understand why it was liked and I also enjoyed it to some extent and it did end up in my top. 10, however this one is just a weaker track trying to achieve the same thing. I guess this one production-wise has more layers and from that perspective is a bit more "interesting", but the composition is bland and forgettable and the lyrics are dire. This lands just in my top. 30.

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • While this isn't T.A.T., the sound on this song is still good.
  • It looked like a fun performance, and that's the best anyone could ask for.
THE BAD:
  • One minor thing and it is that it's just not T.A.T.
THE VERDICT:

I will give Daði og Gagnamagnið this: Once you go viral like they did last year with T.A.T., it's really hard to do it again. This song gets an "A+" for that effort, and it's a groovy song on top of that, just like we've come to expect from them. It's clear that there is a brand going on with this group and that they have somewhat of a staging plan for their performance (with the pyro and all). Because of the association with T.A.T., this song will be in the Final, guaranteed. It remains a question on whether or not they can pull off a win like I believe they should have last year (damn you COVID). I think the answer lies in Iceland having luck on their side, but maybe that won't matter if they have a solid performance. Either way, it'll be real interesting to see if the viral magic is still there come May. 10 points

Shadowfuxcs

I am actually starting to like Iceland's song. It seems I was very biased by my opinion of last year's entry and of what I perceived as a very underserving hype that it received. As a song, "10 years" is a huge improvement. Though I am not sure I would maintain this opinion if it was branded as the second coming of Jesus like "think about things" was.

Last edited:

revallsay

Daði og Gagnamagnið - 10 Years - Iceland

This song is so much fun! I love it, it is a nice listen, the oddity. I need this in Eurovision. The 80s vibes is on spot. Great job Iceland!!

12/12

escEndre

Check out our latest interview with Dadi Freyr! :-D What do you think of Icelands "10 Years"?

Please help us grow on YouTube by subscribing our YouTube-channel! That will help us keep continue doing interviews like this! :-)

AlekS

Veteran
Set list:

Satellite - Lena
Der står et billede på mit bord - Rollo & King
Minn Hinsti Dans - Paul Oscar
Qéle, qéle - Sirusho
In My Dreams - Wig Wam
Save Your Kisses For Me
City Lights - Blanche
Uno - Little Big
Dancing Lasha Tumbai - Verka Serduchka
10 Years - Daði & Gagnamagnið

Verka's cover made my birthday shooketh to the bone & served an epicly fierce wig snatch. K bye!
1f525.png

FoxOfShadows

After rehearsal today, this is guaranteed top 3 and the song I think currently has the best shot at winning. Everyone I've played the songs to who aren't interested in Eurovision have put this at number 1. It's gonna smash the televote. And I think it's gonna surprise in the juries too

hungo

I dont think that juries will put this song on the top of the list. the vocals are not good enough. the song is ok. not sure if it will reach top 10.

A-lister

Veteran
Still not a fan of this, their entry last year was borderline top. 10 for me (although I "get" the appeal of that one), this however isn't a particular good track imo and I honestly think this would be a bad winner. But maybe in an open year like this anything could happen, but I just dread next year overflooded by quirky, try-hard-to-be-hipster-comical, entries... I'm not saying that this is a "joke entry" in that sense, because it's not, but I think it can be easily misunderstood as such by some viewers and broadcasters.

Also, I feel that the odds are a bit skewed toward western countries where most of the betting occur, and I think this entry is more appealing to western Europeans but I could be wrong, we'll see.

Top Bottom