I found places that I never explored
You're so fascinating
And I can't remember the last time I was bored
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had had your love
I didn't become myself before I met you
I don't wanna know what would've happened if I never had felt your love
Everything about you I like

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow (Finds a new way to grow)
The time we spent together
Hmm, feels good

How does she keep getting better?
Every day our love finds a new way to grow
The time we spent together
Hmm, simply feels good
We got a good thing going​

Last edited by a moderator:

lacrymea

I gave it a :12:. It's inevitable to compare it with last year's entry, and that one is still so stuck in my head that I find it hard to just let go. But this one is another great song from them. I don't think they're trying to mimic Think About Things, it's their line of music.

Their work reminds of Parcels. And Parcels' music is also pretty much along the same style. Nothing wrong with that. They're great.

Still not sure where to rank it in my top, I'll let it sink in for a few more days.
Last year they were my instant 2nd place (Diodato had my heart from the get go) and I thought they probably should've won the whole thing.

Shadowfuxcs

I have found all 3 of Dadi's Songvakeppin/ESC efforts extremely underwhelming from a musical perspective. They only become competitive as part of a visual package on stage. However this years presentation was just too underwhelming due to the fact that it is not performed in a proper stage but rather on what seems to be a small television studio. Unless a different video is released soon I don't think this will manage to generate as much hype as last year's entry. This would be Dadi's downfall as all of his songs are more targeted towards being meme-able and going viral on tictoc rather than actually being commendable musical efforts.

I was very worried about the possibility of Dadi's victory last year so I feel slightly relieved that he might not be a frontrunner this time around. Should he actually end up winning he would be up there with "running scared" and "everybody" as one of the most underwhelming winners (hope this is not a 10-year repeating pattern). I do think he stands a chance though if he elevates the visuals.

Btw, I do find it unfair how other returning artists get slack for having the "same song" as last year simply because they stay true to their genre while Dadi gets significant praise when he submits the same song for a third time, wearing the same pijamas, doing the same tictoc dance and having extremely similar lyrics. 2 points from me

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
İ always wonder what i am doing wrong, İ listened song few times and cant remember melody, how it can stuck in head have no idea. On other hand i can easily remember TAT one even if i wasnt a fan of that

Synergise

I've listened and watched more, and I'm bumping this up from an 8 to a 12. I love Dadi's sound, and I've been mumbling it to myself all day.

Having said that, for this to win, I think he needs to rethink the stage performance a little. I assume he will be anyway because obviously he can't have that many people on stage. I actually think his wife needs to take a bigger role in the performance. "Is this Love" did a better job at conveying that the song was about her, and I think more interactions with her would make the overall performance more charming.

Please keep the "MMMMmmmmm" move though, that bit is glorious.

Fluke

Exactly what i expected it to be, a pale copy of "Think About Things" that's just different enough to not seem like a total ripoff. Don't see this doing super well, maybe 10th place or so, but i don't think they're bound to win this year.

Euterpa

Well...I read comments on the last 2 pages and I have to say that I understand and agree with comparisons. I wasn't crazy about Think About Things, but I recognised its quirkiness, fun choreography, catchy melody, etc. I understood why other people liked it. This all is now gone in 10 Years. Yes, choreography can be improved, but there's still the fact that this song is not that quirky nor catchy in general (besides not being that quirky nor catchy as TAT was). I don't think that the audience in May will experience with this song what we experienced last year. They will to an extent, but not entirely.

TAT was building up and that made the way they ended their choreography hilarious. This song feels more flat to me and therefore, the last pose that they make in the video and the confetti feel somehow forced.

I also feel like TAT was 80's inspired, but felt very fresh and current, while 10 Years sounds less "80's inspired" and more "just 80's sound". With several songs in semi 2 doing that 80's sound/80's inspired sound, I'm afraid that Iceland won't feel that unique to the audience as it did to us last year. I'm afraid they'll be like "oh, another 80's thing". They'll maybe be doing 80's better than others, but they might lose some votes over not being the only ones doing it.

Ok, when I started writing I thought I'll write several sentences, then I got some other ideas in the meantime...oh well, that's so me. :D

Last edited:

i anixi

I’m not here to speculate about possible opinions of “average Eurovision viewers” in May. I give my own opinions, and think it’s absolutely fair to compare two songs by the same artist, especially when both songs are Eurovision entries. If people enjoy this song more in May because they’ve never heard think about things, good for them.
We're here to speculate about anything esc related we happen to think about , just as we're entitled to make any comparisons that come to mind. This one comparison is pretty obvious and quite impossible to ignore, no doubt.
It's just that I think we're always a litle biased insofar as we are difficult to please a second time when we loved/were used to the first one. It happens to us all.
Beyond that I'm really convinced this song is just as good and catchy as the other one. All its former qualities and attractions are still there, unscathed. I feel as urged to go and give it another listen as I felt last year. It kind of "keeps getting better", it does indeed " feel good" .
Everything about it.... I like ☺️

midnightsun

Veteran
Their biggest problem will be Dadi comes across as a pleasant joke act. Which would have been fine in 2020 but in 2021 there are plenty of joke acts.

ESC94

Good news: I like the song as much as TAT last year.

Bad news: I wasn´t a big fan of TAT last year.

The hype last year left me completely on the sideline to be honest, and this year again the song doesn´t do anything for me. The formula is already pretty old for me. xbored

I give :is: a generous :3:, don´t see it as a winner. :(

daniels1000

It seems I will never understand what people hear in the song from last year, as this one sounds very similar, just definitely better. But still, while being decent and all, this is just too simple for my taste and I cannot really grasp much out of it. Choir is a nice addition, but not even that manages to make the song particularly exciting for me.

:5: pts

Iker

Veteran
It is 'only' my no 9 so far but I gotta say that this is the most wholesome entry this year. And the more I listen to it the more nostalgic it makes me feel for some reason.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Oh frabgeous day, kaloo-kaley!

I can totally imagine the drama once Daði enters a song that is only slightly different from "Think About Things", 'fans' (ogaeys) melting down over how Daði plagiarized himself, has no creativity, is a dorkopotamus with dog ears for hair etc, Citelis (and mrm but i still have him blocked so he doesn't exist inside my magic reality ^_^) proclaiming "i told you i was right he isn't good at all" [Citation fucking needed] , the casual audience and jury not caring and loving it anyway, after which Iceland place 3rd at best, 6th at worst in the grand finale, their best result since Yohanna.

I'll be back for this post in May 2021, where at least 21% of this post will be proven true. and I WILL be smug(ger. than usual.) about it.

We are still directly on course for this to prove itself true, just saying.

ayzelto

One of my biggest disappointments. Last year's entry was great, the show itself made it even better. This one just gets lost in the middle of the way imo. I really love their style, but this song won't be competing. 6 points.

lasse braun

hmmm it seems daði always repeats his style in the same way - last year was creative & good - this year is boring.
if the media hypetrain is coming with delay (maybe with the release of the official music video?) i can not connect with this song.
sometimes it is better to take a creative break!
iceland can be very happy sitting in semi 2 - in the tougher semi 1 it is very difficult to reach the final in my opinium.
:4: (not so much for the song - more sympathy points)

Iker

Veteran
hmmm it seems daði always repeats his style in the same way - last year was creative & good - this year is boring.
if the media hypetrain is coming with delay (maybe with the release of the official music video?) i can not connect with this song.
sometimes it is better to take a creative break!
iceland can be very happy sitting in semi 2 - in the tougher semi 1 it is very difficult to reach the final in my opinium.
:4: (not so much for the song - more sympathy points)

I liked this entry and I disagree with such scathing opinion but I can see where you are coming from.

Top Bottom