14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

mauve

Veteran
Wait, what do I see ? No support for DIMMA anymore ? xfaint

Anyway, whatever happens on the final, I'll be both satisfied and disappointed. Dadi grew on me a lot and makes me want to dance along, Nina's carrying me over to her land, I like Iva's mystical atmosphere and I'm always a sucker for rock songs... I don't even who to root for anymore, so no matter who ends up chosen they have a strong top 10 potential in my final ranking.
DIMMA is my absolute fave actually! :love: But I hardly see a chance for them to be sent to ESC. But I am ready for a miracle .. This year, Iceland's section is really wonderful with great songs and artists. I hope that one of my faves will win. xheart

Mrm

Veteran
@ClaudiuP

Ok, do not go that far...it is a bit too far now.. :(

Mrm

Veteran
Dadi for the win xcheer
Iva is not doing it for me, I get it's different but I find it so weak it's surprising for me that so many people like it xshrug
THIS 101%! xbow xbow xbow xbow xbow

Alaska49

oculis videre is SO MUCH BETTER in english, sigh. i get that we are supposed to support native language but exceptions exist and this is one of them. the song sounds much, much grander in english and it's a mistake to keep it in icelandic.

oh well, i am rooting for daði anyway.

hijirio

Veteran
I'm team Iva cuz I have no choice but to stan a screaming lady with a good voice xcheer

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
If La Forza didn't win ESC, Oculis Videre definitely won't. It has neither the magic of The Voice, nor the power of La Forza.

I'm not saying it isn't good (it is) but let's have a bit of realism here.

Oculis Videre has a vibe that La Forza didn't. La Forza felt like a technical exercise. Oculis Videre gives me chills. I'm not sure it can win ESC, but I think it can get top 10 at least. Top 5 if the standard of songs doesn't improve.

I like Think About Things, but this faux hype about an entry that's been out for 2 weeks puts me right off. Iva will still likely win, since most of the views and hype come from outside Iceland.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm really disappointed that I have to post this warning. Mocking an artist for a disability is completely unacceptable and will not be tolerated. If it happens again I will be issuing infractions.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oculis Videre has a vibe that La Forza didn't. La Forza felt like a technical exercise. Oculis Videre gives me chills. I'm not sure it can win ESC, but I think it can get top 10 at least. Top 5 if the standard of songs doesn't improve.

I like Think About Things, but this faux hype about an entry that's been out for 2 weeks puts me right off. Iva will still likely win, since most of the views and hype come from outside Iceland.

Don't get me wrong, I like Oculis Videre! I just don't quite connect to it in the same way as a lot of people seem to. As for Think About Things, I wouldn't go so far as to categorise it as "faux-hype", if anything I'm glad an NF song has gained traction outside of our spheres. Full disclosure, it's my favourite in the NF, but I just think your assessment of it is a little on the harsh side.

Alaska49

iva fans calling it faux hype and a netflix publicity stunt all sound like insane tinhatted conspiracy theorists and it's making my whole week please continue

BorisBubbles

Veteran
not to mention that Oculis Videre still has more views *overall* anyway????

Citelis

ClaudiuP

Iceland needs to wake up. They've tried that style of dark epic songs with Gretha Salome and it flopped.

Think about things is on a whole different level. I'm so sure they're gonna win the NF.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
They're not even of the same genre.

Like, "No prejudice" is music meant for children. It is infantile, shallow and obnoxious, mostly due the target market it tries to appeal to. Pollapönk are preschool teachers by profession. It shows.

Meanwhile "Think about things" is an electronic funk song about a child, which falls directly into Daði's typical atari-inspired discography, but has some deliberate youthful elements due to the subject matter.

You see, while this is not my main draw to the song, one thing I personally find very charming about "Think about things" is that it is in many ways the successor to "Is This Love?". This is a story with continuity. "Is this love" was about Daði 's budding relationship with his girlfriend, and you all know her although you may not know her as Daði's other half.

Yes, I am talking about her.

ugeQkrL.png

Yes, exactly as was advertised in "Is this love?"! And since then Daði and Arny (that's her name) have married and became the proud parents of a beautiful baby daughter, who is now the subject of the follow-up sequel. But you knew that ofc after hearing lyrics such as "Oh you are let to learn how to speak". ;-)

You may not like "Think about things" and that's fine. Opinions, we all have them and they're all divergent. But silly and zany as "Think about things" is, it does have a heart and a personality. It has a quirky charm. It is genuine and genuinely fun. And that makes it an entry worth looking out for.

but yeah on the subject of comparing Daði & Gagmamagnið and Pollaponk, there's really no doubt in my mind that Think About Things 1) is way better on the grounds of not being some irritating poco guidance TRASH 2) qualifies if it's chosen barring some insanely bad camerawork (like, wideshots or something) 3) finishes higher than Iceland's usual 20th-ish position when they reach the finale.

This is a good entry. Period.

Mrm

Veteran
Palaponk was really good!

Top Bottom