7 4.6%

14 9.2%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Iceland-scaled.jpg

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
I like both of the favourites, but Iceland (in what is a shocking year for song quality) could win the whole thing with Oculis Videre. Better staging would be needed, but for now it's fine for the win.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Iva giving that one who won Norway a run for her money with the emotionless robot routine. It's like she's in a trance for a solid 3 minutes stood there with her arms crossed and staring at something without blinking while singing. She literally doesn't move an inch. It looks so boring. If they select her they will seriously need to fix it and the staging because she is so closed off and nervous.

Schlagerman1

Iva giving that one who won Norway a run for her money with the emotionless robot routine. It's like she's in a trance for a solid 3 minutes stood there with her arms crossed and staring at something without blinking while singing. She literally doesn't move an inch. It looks so boring. If they select her they will seriously need to fix it and the staging because she is so closed off and nervous.

Well she is blind....so that she doesn't move is fine. But nothing happens around her though for 2 minutess, and that needs to change if it were to win Söngvakeppning. This song needs dramatic staging to even have a shot of grabbing votes, otherwise people will think it is some weird interval act...

• Like It
Reactions: Uto

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well she is blind....so that she doesn't move is fine. But nothing happens around her though for 2 minutess, and that needs to change if it were to win Söngvakeppning. This song needs dramatic staging to even have a shot of grabbing votes, otherwise people will think it is some weird interval act...

Omg I didn't know that, well in that case it's not an issue then. But it would still be nice if she moved her arms a bit or something. The rest I agree with though.

Uto

Veteran
Agreed, the staging works for about 1,5 minute I think, but after that something else needs to happen, something dramatic, a colour change isn't going to cut it at all.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
it will look better under the LED lights in Rotterdam.

it's Songvakeppnin. Songvakeppnin is always a low budget affair. I was surprised they even had a led screen for Iva to begin with.

FilipFromSweden

PLEASE pick Nina!!!

Realest

Iva was pretty good. Resultwise probably the best Option.

hijirio

Veteran
I like that they don't focus on Iva's handicap, making it invisible so that the song stands for its own merits, but it might come across as a bit weird as she stands there for 3 minutes staring at one point. vocally, she's on point, i like it even better than the studio version. The staging needs to be improved, but that can be fixed till the final. I really need her at the final in May.

Uto

Veteran
I like that they don't focus on Iva's handicap, making it invisible so that the song stands for its own merits, but it might come across as a bit weird as she stands there for 3 minutes staring at one point. vocally, she's on point, i like it even better than the studio version. The staging needs to be improved, but that can be fixed till the final. I really need her at the final in May.
I'm quite sure every time she's announced it will be mentioned. But I do like that there is no campaign run on this where we are made to feel like she has to be pitied. I actually really like that the song itself is a rather elaborate joke on this exact topic.

hijirio

Veteran
I'm quite sure every time she's announced it will be mentioned. But I do like that there is no campaign run on this where we are made to feel like she has to be pitied. I actually really like that the song itself is a rather elaborate joke on this exact topic.

Yes, since a long time we didn't have a singer with visual disability. To be fair I didn't realize it from her picture on the studio cut, and a friend of mine that I sent the song to didn't understand even after watching the Songvakeppnin performance. I hope they find a way to either make it visible, or more preferably, bring more motion to the backing singers so her standing immobile doesn't come across as awkward.

AliceEsc

I have a confession. When I first listened to the studio version of Iva's song I was like "oh no, please not this one". But while watching the live performance I burst into tears. Actual real tears. I think she was wonderful. What a change of heart I had. Maybe she won't be my No1, but pick Iva please.

hunty73

I have a confession. When I first listened to the studio version of Iva's song I was like "oh no, please not this one". But while watching the live performance I burst into tears. Actual real tears. I think she was wonderful. What a change of heart I had. Maybe she won't be my No1, but pick Iva please.

Gosh thank goodness im not alone.I didnt think she would be able to deliver live,but watching it,and doing so after emptying my head of anything else it was an experience.The way to make this work is for Iva to do her thing but the dances to be coming in and out more,they need to provide the movement.I think this will be the only song ever to perform Latin at ESC?,though Finland had a Latin title for their 1977 entry "Lapponia",latin for Lapland.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Suus erasure xheart

I'm also someone who liked Iva a lot more after seeing her live, but I like nearly everyone more after the live, so take that with a grain of salt. I'm solidly okay with her winning even if she isn't my fave.

Mainshow

Veteran
I also shed a few tears like @hunty73 and @AliceEsc and seriously, I think that people can get moved by her song/performance/"story" which will lead them to vote for it in May. It has a lot of potential and personally, I would keep it simple. She doesn't have to move or anything. Just give me some intimacy, fragile honesty and beauty (like the song itself) and she will be more than fine.
Some LED work (changing from black to mysterious blue-ish colours to showing a sunrise over Iceland's glaciers in the end) for Rotterdam would be a great addition, imo.

Mrm

Veteran
For me is contrary, I don't like such high singing live at all.. :(

I xpray she doesn't win..

Dadi FTW!

Top Bottom